2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

i know it's straight disgusting to the point that it's historic.... but this is football. it's all about making the playoffs. we can beat any team, any given sunday. we control our destiny. when we won last time we were road warriors so @#%+ it lets do it again

i know it's straight disgusting to the point that it's historic.... but this is football. it's all about making the playoffs. we can beat any team, any given sunday. we control our destiny. when we won last time we were road warriors so @#%+ it lets do it again

I got this off another board, it kinda helps my pain.

Back in 2007 the Giants lost a terrible game at home in Week 15 to a division opponent, the ********. They needed a big performance in Week 16 in the snow of Buffalo to make the playoffs. After today’s debacle at home, the team will need another Week 16 road win in a cold environment, Green Bay, to make the playoffs.

In a few weeks, I’d love to continue the 2007 trend and be able to say that after losing to the Eagles twice in the regular season, the Giants beat them in the playoffs on the road. That’s too far down the line though. Right now, the only concern is Green Bay. We win that game and we are assured a Wild Card spot. Anything can happen after that.[/b]

I got this off another board, it kinda helps my pain.

Back in 2007 the Giants lost a terrible game at home in Week 15 to a division opponent, the ********. They needed a big performance in Week 16 in the snow of Buffalo to make the playoffs. After today’s debacle at home, the team will need another Week 16 road win in a cold environment, Green Bay, to make the playoffs.

In a few weeks, I’d love to continue the 2007 trend and be able to say that after losing to the Eagles twice in the regular season, the Giants beat them in the playoffs on the road. That’s too far down the line though. Right now, the only concern is Green Bay. We win that game and we are assured a Wild Card spot. Anything can happen after that.[/b]

players only meeting oh shyea?

[h1]Eli Manning Calls Players-Only Meeting, Tells Giants It's Time to Man Up[/h1]
By David Elfin
NFL Writer

Text SizeAAA

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

122010-manning-600.jpg

On the day after the disaster, Eli Manning did something Monday that he had never during his six-plus seasons as New York's starting quarterback. He asked coach Tom Coughlin if he could address the team in a players-only meeting in the wake of Sunday's shocking 38-31 loss to Philadelphia, a game that the Giants led 31-10 with just 8:17 remaining.

"Everybody appreciates his leadership on the field and the way that he plays, but today he was probably as vocal as he's ever been, and I think everybody appreciated what he did and I think we're looking forward to responding," said center Shaun O'Hara.

Defensive end Justin Tuck, who once spoke to his teammates alongside Manning, said the quarterback's solo act drew cheers.

"He actually got some hand claps because it's so out of character for him," Tuck said. "He wasn't loud and rah rah-ing, but you could just tell by the look on his face ... how much it meant to him. He was definitely serious and everything he was saying was coming from the heart."

Manning, in his typical understated fashion, tried not to make too big a deal about his talk when asked about it by reporters.

"This morning after seeing some guys and talking (to them), I just wanted to have a little team meeting," Manning explained. "I didn't know if anybody else was going to talk, but I wanted to say a few words. I went up to Coach and asked if I could beat (him) to the punch a little bit and address the team before (he) came in. Just talking about the situation we're in and now is the time not to get down and get in a panic."

The often-negative Coughlin also delivered a positive message, stressing how well the Giants played during the first 51:43 of the showdown for NFC East supremacy.

"Coach did a good job," Manning said. "He could've come in and screamed and yelled and called out people ... but he talked about the positive side of things and said we did play some good football there. The same team that played terrible football for eight minutes played great football for 52 minutes."

Manning and Coughlin both know that Giants are still 9-5 and can clinch a playoff berth by winning this week at Green Bay (8-6). They were the leaders in 2007 when New York ran the table as a wild card en route to winning the Super Bowl.

"You can always draw parallels," Manning said. "When things (have gone) bad so far this season, we've responded well. When we were 1-2, we responded well with a (five-game) win streak. We lose two more and everybody is on our back, we responded (by) winning three more.

"We lost one here, it's a tough one, but we ... can't hang our head. We don't have time to moan about it. This is kind of the day to watch the film, man up for our own mistakes, see what went wrong, and put it behind us and get ready for Green Bay."

Safety Antrel Rolle wasn't with the 2007 Giants, but he did play for the 2008 Arizona Cardinals, who rocketed from a 9-7 season to within less than a minute of capturing their own Lombardi Trophy.

"No one gave us a chance," Rolle recalled. "All we need to do is get in (the playoffs). I don't think (it's going to happen). I know it. I don't think it. I know it's going to happen this weekend."

In a market where Joe Namath is still revered for guaranteeing a monumental upset of the Baltimore Colts 42 years ago, it can't hurt to be bold.

players only meeting oh shyea?

[h1]Eli Manning Calls Players-Only Meeting, Tells Giants It's Time to Man Up[/h1]
By David Elfin
NFL Writer

Text SizeAAA

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

122010-manning-600.jpg

On the day after the disaster, Eli Manning did something Monday that he had never during his six-plus seasons as New York's starting quarterback. He asked coach Tom Coughlin if he could address the team in a players-only meeting in the wake of Sunday's shocking 38-31 loss to Philadelphia, a game that the Giants led 31-10 with just 8:17 remaining.

"Everybody appreciates his leadership on the field and the way that he plays, but today he was probably as vocal as he's ever been, and I think everybody appreciated what he did and I think we're looking forward to responding," said center Shaun O'Hara.

Defensive end Justin Tuck, who once spoke to his teammates alongside Manning, said the quarterback's solo act drew cheers.

"He actually got some hand claps because it's so out of character for him," Tuck said. "He wasn't loud and rah rah-ing, but you could just tell by the look on his face ... how much it meant to him. He was definitely serious and everything he was saying was coming from the heart."

Manning, in his typical understated fashion, tried not to make too big a deal about his talk when asked about it by reporters.

"This morning after seeing some guys and talking (to them), I just wanted to have a little team meeting," Manning explained. "I didn't know if anybody else was going to talk, but I wanted to say a few words. I went up to Coach and asked if I could beat (him) to the punch a little bit and address the team before (he) came in. Just talking about the situation we're in and now is the time not to get down and get in a panic."

The often-negative Coughlin also delivered a positive message, stressing how well the Giants played during the first 51:43 of the showdown for NFC East supremacy.

"Coach did a good job," Manning said. "He could've come in and screamed and yelled and called out people ... but he talked about the positive side of things and said we did play some good football there. The same team that played terrible football for eight minutes played great football for 52 minutes."

Manning and Coughlin both know that Giants are still 9-5 and can clinch a playoff berth by winning this week at Green Bay (8-6). They were the leaders in 2007 when New York ran the table as a wild card en route to winning the Super Bowl.

"You can always draw parallels," Manning said. "When things (have gone) bad so far this season, we've responded well. When we were 1-2, we responded well with a (five-game) win streak. We lose two more and everybody is on our back, we responded (by) winning three more.

"We lost one here, it's a tough one, but we ... can't hang our head. We don't have time to moan about it. This is kind of the day to watch the film, man up for our own mistakes, see what went wrong, and put it behind us and get ready for Green Bay."

Safety Antrel Rolle wasn't with the 2007 Giants, but he did play for the 2008 Arizona Cardinals, who rocketed from a 9-7 season to within less than a minute of capturing their own Lombardi Trophy.

"No one gave us a chance," Rolle recalled. "All we need to do is get in (the playoffs). I don't think (it's going to happen). I know it. I don't think it. I know it's going to happen this weekend."

In a market where Joe Namath is still revered for guaranteeing a monumental upset of the Baltimore Colts 42 years ago, it can't hurt to be bold.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

not the end of the world. giants showed they can beat vick.  get in the playoffs and beat philly when it matters in philly. 

Showed they can beat Vick?? Lol didn't yall say the same thing after the 1st game

not the end of the world. giants showed they can beat vick.  get in the playoffs and beat philly when it matters in philly. 

Showed they can beat Vick?? Lol didn't yall say the same thing after the 1st game

Originally Posted by philly5fan

No offense but everything that had to go Philly's way did, Vick made some plays but it was more about the Giants sleep walking the #$*! was under wraps.
Lets not act like the Giants would not be capable of winning one if they match up again.

No offense but everything that had to go Philly's way did, Vick made some plays but it was more about the Giants sleep walking the #$*! was under wraps.
Lets not act like the Giants would not be capable of winning one if they match up again.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

No offense but everything that had to go Philly's way did, Vick made some plays but it was more about the Giants sleep walking the $+!% was under wraps.
if the giants win next week they will have their shot at redemption. i don't think eagles fans want to see that happening
laugh.gif
only thing stopping it are the jets. if the jets beat the bears the eagles will have to lose another game not to get that bye.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

No offense but everything that had to go Philly's way did, Vick made some plays but it was more about the Giants sleep walking the $+!% was under wraps.
if the giants win next week they will have their shot at redemption. i don't think eagles fans want to see that happening
laugh.gif
only thing stopping it are the jets. if the jets beat the bears the eagles will have to lose another game not to get that bye.

Anyone hear Matt Dodge on WFAN today? Its nice to see his teammates pick him up because in reality the loss isn't on him, the game should have never even come down to that point the way the defense was sleep walking.

Giants have come a long way from all the temper tantrums and finger pointing cry babies though after a loss like this, we have some guys on this team who rally around each other and take accountability and still display confidence in themselves.
Let's get it this Sunday.
pimp.gif

Anyone hear Matt Dodge on WFAN today? Its nice to see his teammates pick him up because in reality the loss isn't on him, the game should have never even come down to that point the way the defense was sleep walking.

Giants have come a long way from all the temper tantrums and finger pointing cry babies though after a loss like this, we have some guys on this team who rally around each other and take accountability and still display confidence in themselves.
Let's get it this Sunday.
pimp.gif

couldn't find the off season thread...dunno if there is one. anyway, plaxico is out.
came out wearing a phillies hat. i don't blame him tho. ny media was harsh, the mayor was on some bull and the giants (IMHO) gave him the shaft.
we're going to regret it IMO.

couldn't find the off season thread...dunno if there is one. anyway, plaxico is out.
came out wearing a phillies hat. i don't blame him tho. ny media was harsh, the mayor was on some bull and the giants (IMHO) gave him the shaft.
we're going to regret it IMO.

I mean,the Giants did what they had to do, they are not a franchise who likes distractions and they like to keep it professional unlike some other franchises.

The guy is 33 years old so the jury is still out on whether he could even play at the same high level again.....and although a veteran would be nice on offense we have bigger concerns with the O-Line (which actually played well down the stretch but not as consistent as they used to be), and LB.

Back
Top Bottom