2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

herzlich
indifferent.gif

wanted NE to bring him in
30t6p3b.gif

They will probably stick Kiwa to play LB positions since DE's are stacked, probably offer him small 1 year since he was hurt all of last season.
We have always been thin at LB even when we won in 2007-2008, we have gotten more athletic but we need to keep getting younger at that position.

Safeties and corners we are pretty much set especially with who we draft and giving Rolle the money....he's done well tackling for us. Plus with Thomas and Phillips things are good there.

I still would like to have a veteran WR just to have since offensively we are very young, and I always feel a mix of some crafty veterans to help with growth and mentoring is invaluable. Not sure what we will do at TE since Boss is average and can't block....which is what Tom likes our TE's to do.

....a lot more cuts coming.

They will probably stick Kiwa to play LB positions since DE's are stacked, probably offer him small 1 year since he was hurt all of last season.
We have always been thin at LB even when we won in 2007-2008, we have gotten more athletic but we need to keep getting younger at that position.

Safeties and corners we are pretty much set especially with who we draft and giving Rolle the money....he's done well tackling for us. Plus with Thomas and Phillips things are good there.

I still would like to have a veteran WR just to have since offensively we are very young, and I always feel a mix of some crafty veterans to help with growth and mentoring is invaluable. Not sure what we will do at TE since Boss is average and can't block....which is what Tom likes our TE's to do.

Don't know about yall, but I'm ALL for this. Bring him back (if he wants to, of course).

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Plaxico Burress, Tom Coughlin to meet[/h2]

ESPNNewYork.com

[h5]Burress To Return To Giants?[/h5]
Adam Schefter breaks down the news that Plaxico Burress and the Giants are involved in talks to bring him back to New YorkTags: NFL, Adam Schefter, Plaxico Burress, Giants
Burress To Return To Giants?
[h6]VIDEO PLAYLIST
video2.png
[/h6]
Free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress said he will meet with his former coach, Tom Coughlin, on Wednesday about a potential return to the Giants.

"It's going to be crazy," Burress told the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger on Tuesday night of the meeting with Coughlin.

Burress will also meet with Giants officials on Wednesday, according to multiple media reports.

Sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter earlier Tuesday that the Giants had discussions throughout the day about Burress' possible return.

The Giants want to see where Burress is at mentally before they would make any moves, sources told Schefter.

[h4]John Mara
listen.png
[/h4]
Giants owner John Mara joins "The Michael Kay Show" about some details of the new CBA agreement, on Osi Umenyiora's salary demands and to share his thoughts about Plaxico Burress.

More Podcasts »

Burress, who will turn 34 in August, was released from prison in June after serving a nearly two-year sentence on a weapons possession charge. In an interview in June with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, Burress expressed doubt that he could co-exist once again with Coughlin.

However, according to multiple media reports, Coughlin has told general manager Jerry Reese that he is willing to sit down and talk with Burress.

"I really don't know what I'm going to say," Burress told the newspaper about Wednesday's meeting. "I'm just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.

"I'm pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too."

On Monday, Giants co-owner John Mara appeared on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN 1050 in New York and acknowleged the team has raised the possibility of a Burress return.

"I think that's certainly something we're going to talk about and have talked about," Mara said. "Where that goes, I don't know."

According to a source close to the wide receiver, Burress arrived in the New York/New Jersey area on Tuesday night.

He said the Giants, as of now, are the only team he plans on visiting.

Asked by the newspaper if the Giants are the favorites to land him, Burress responded: "I'm not sure. I do love New York. My fan base here has been great to me. But it's not just about football; there are a lot of things that go into it.

"But after this I'll know a lot more. Without a doubt, without question."

The 33-year-old receiver has said he will be mentored by Magic Johnson and Tony Dungy. He is a volunteer at National Urban League youth programs and has said he'll try to recruit other pro athletes to the program. He also has said he will work with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and will speak out for gun control.

Burress caught the winning touchdown in the 2008 Super Bowl as the Giants stunned the Patriots, dealing New England its only loss that season. Nine months later, his unlicensed handgun accidentally went off in a Manhattan nightclub, striking his thigh. The gun was not licensed in New York or in New Jersey, where Burress lived. His license to carry a concealed weapon in Florida had expired in May 2008.

Burress is on parole for two years. He has to get and keep a job, undergo substance abuse testing, obey any curfew established by his Florida parole officer, support his family and undergo any anger counseling or other conditions required by his parole officer.

[h4]Giants free agency[/h4]
nyg.gif
Now that the lockout's over, Big Blue has some big decisions to make on the free-agent front. Rank'em »   Blog »

In the in-depth, one-hour interview with Smith earlier this month, Burress discussed his difficult relationship with Coughlin.

"My situation in New York, me and my coach had an ambivalent relationship to say the least," Burress said at the National Urban League headquarters where he held a press conference to promote gun safety. "Some things that I didn't agree with, with the way he went about things. And the only way to show my way was to just rebel. Is that who I am? No."

"That was one of the biggest problems when I left Pittsburgh when I came here," Burress continued. "I had a relationship with Bill Cowher inside of football and outside of football. He always had an open-door policy to where you could come talk to him or tell him what was on your mind. When that was taken away from me, I kind of felt it was like: I'm the coach, you are the player. It doesn't matter what you have to say. You just do what I tell you to do."

"This is not college," he added. "This is professional sports. If you can't sit down and go talk to a man that you are busting your tail for, not even have the respect for anything that you have to say, like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel."

Burress' comments were scrutinized, but that doesn't bother him.

"It doesn't bother me at all," Burress told the newspaper. "All the things that I had to say, I'm pretty sure when we meet tomorrow, when we sit down face-to-face, we're going to lay it all on the table, man to man. That's what this whole thing is about. That's where I'm at. If there's a time for everything to be let out, it's now."

Selected eighth overall in the 2000 draft, he has 505 receptions for 7,845 yards and 55 touchdowns in nine seasons.

The Giants made a set of other moves on Tuesday, as sources confirmed the team will release longtime fixtures Shaun O'Hara and Rich Seubert. They might also cut tackle Shawn Andrews, who tweeted that he and the team failed to rework his contract.

The Giants also agreed to terms with versatile backup Kevin Boothe, according to sources.

Don't know about yall, but I'm ALL for this. Bring him back (if he wants to, of course).

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Plaxico Burress, Tom Coughlin to meet[/h2]

ESPNNewYork.com

[h5]Burress To Return To Giants?[/h5]
Adam Schefter breaks down the news that Plaxico Burress and the Giants are involved in talks to bring him back to New YorkTags: NFL, Adam Schefter, Plaxico Burress, Giants
Burress To Return To Giants?
[h6]VIDEO PLAYLIST
video2.png
[/h6]
Free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress said he will meet with his former coach, Tom Coughlin, on Wednesday about a potential return to the Giants.

"It's going to be crazy," Burress told the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger on Tuesday night of the meeting with Coughlin.

Burress will also meet with Giants officials on Wednesday, according to multiple media reports.

Sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter earlier Tuesday that the Giants had discussions throughout the day about Burress' possible return.

The Giants want to see where Burress is at mentally before they would make any moves, sources told Schefter.

[h4]John Mara
listen.png
[/h4]
Giants owner John Mara joins "The Michael Kay Show" about some details of the new CBA agreement, on Osi Umenyiora's salary demands and to share his thoughts about Plaxico Burress.

More Podcasts »

Burress, who will turn 34 in August, was released from prison in June after serving a nearly two-year sentence on a weapons possession charge. In an interview in June with ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, Burress expressed doubt that he could co-exist once again with Coughlin.

However, according to multiple media reports, Coughlin has told general manager Jerry Reese that he is willing to sit down and talk with Burress.

"I really don't know what I'm going to say," Burress told the newspaper about Wednesday's meeting. "I'm just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let him know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out.

"I'm pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too."

On Monday, Giants co-owner John Mara appeared on "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN 1050 in New York and acknowleged the team has raised the possibility of a Burress return.

"I think that's certainly something we're going to talk about and have talked about," Mara said. "Where that goes, I don't know."

According to a source close to the wide receiver, Burress arrived in the New York/New Jersey area on Tuesday night.

He said the Giants, as of now, are the only team he plans on visiting.

Asked by the newspaper if the Giants are the favorites to land him, Burress responded: "I'm not sure. I do love New York. My fan base here has been great to me. But it's not just about football; there are a lot of things that go into it.

"But after this I'll know a lot more. Without a doubt, without question."

The 33-year-old receiver has said he will be mentored by Magic Johnson and Tony Dungy. He is a volunteer at National Urban League youth programs and has said he'll try to recruit other pro athletes to the program. He also has said he will work with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and will speak out for gun control.

Burress caught the winning touchdown in the 2008 Super Bowl as the Giants stunned the Patriots, dealing New England its only loss that season. Nine months later, his unlicensed handgun accidentally went off in a Manhattan nightclub, striking his thigh. The gun was not licensed in New York or in New Jersey, where Burress lived. His license to carry a concealed weapon in Florida had expired in May 2008.

Burress is on parole for two years. He has to get and keep a job, undergo substance abuse testing, obey any curfew established by his Florida parole officer, support his family and undergo any anger counseling or other conditions required by his parole officer.

[h4]Giants free agency[/h4]
nyg.gif
Now that the lockout's over, Big Blue has some big decisions to make on the free-agent front. Rank'em »   Blog »

In the in-depth, one-hour interview with Smith earlier this month, Burress discussed his difficult relationship with Coughlin.

"My situation in New York, me and my coach had an ambivalent relationship to say the least," Burress said at the National Urban League headquarters where he held a press conference to promote gun safety. "Some things that I didn't agree with, with the way he went about things. And the only way to show my way was to just rebel. Is that who I am? No."

"That was one of the biggest problems when I left Pittsburgh when I came here," Burress continued. "I had a relationship with Bill Cowher inside of football and outside of football. He always had an open-door policy to where you could come talk to him or tell him what was on your mind. When that was taken away from me, I kind of felt it was like: I'm the coach, you are the player. It doesn't matter what you have to say. You just do what I tell you to do."

"This is not college," he added. "This is professional sports. If you can't sit down and go talk to a man that you are busting your tail for, not even have the respect for anything that you have to say, like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel."

Burress' comments were scrutinized, but that doesn't bother him.

"It doesn't bother me at all," Burress told the newspaper. "All the things that I had to say, I'm pretty sure when we meet tomorrow, when we sit down face-to-face, we're going to lay it all on the table, man to man. That's what this whole thing is about. That's where I'm at. If there's a time for everything to be let out, it's now."

Selected eighth overall in the 2000 draft, he has 505 receptions for 7,845 yards and 55 touchdowns in nine seasons.

The Giants made a set of other moves on Tuesday, as sources confirmed the team will release longtime fixtures Shaun O'Hara and Rich Seubert. They might also cut tackle Shawn Andrews, who tweeted that he and the team failed to rework his contract.

The Giants also agreed to terms with versatile backup Kevin Boothe, according to sources.

With Bush going to the Dolphins, Bradshaw hopefully will be ours, but reports say he wants more money from us.

Jerry, get the job done.

Any other FA you guys want us to target? I know we don't have tons of cap space...

With Bush going to the Dolphins, Bradshaw hopefully will be ours, but reports say he wants more money from us.

Jerry, get the job done.

Any other FA you guys want us to target? I know we don't have tons of cap space...

There was no more room for Cofield, he played very well for us last season.

Less suiters for Bradshaw so he will probably stick around.....Plaxico with the G-men again makes too much sense....veteran is exactly what we need with the young guys.

There was no more room for Cofield, he played very well for us last season.

Less suiters for Bradshaw so he will probably stick around.....Plaxico with the G-men again makes too much sense....veteran is exactly what we need with the young guys.

Back
Top Bottom