2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

1 yr extension for Coughlin I believe.

Analysts saying he might retire after this season anyways.
Good, Cowher is waiting
nerd.gif

Good, Cowher is waiting
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Did we give coughlin an extension?

I say absolutely, but he is old so I don't know how much longer he wants to coach.
Maybe a 2 year extension with a 3rd as an option. He certainly deserves it, and I don't want to hear anyone say otherwise.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Did we give coughlin an extension?

I say absolutely, but he is old so I don't know how much longer he wants to coach.
Maybe a 2 year extension with a 3rd as an option. He certainly deserves it, and I don't want to hear anyone say otherwise.

And some little tidbits so far about what numbers players will be wearing. The Giants Twitter page says that Darius Reynaud and Devin Thomas will switch jersey numbers and rookie defensive tackle Marvin Austin will wear Barry Cofield’s old number. Here’s some jersey numbers for you for those who are into this:

#15 Devin Thomas
#81 Darius Reynaud
#96 Marvin Austin
#58 Mark Herzlich (Antonio Pierce's old number; free agent Gerris Wilkinson wore it last year)
#34 Da’Rel Scott (free agent Deon Grant’s number from last year)
#78 James Brewer
#39 Tyler Sash (Madison Hedgecock's old number)
#20 Prince Amukamara (Michael Johnson's old number)
#53 Greg Jones (Free agent Keith Bulluck's number last year)
#3 Jerrel Jernigan

And some little tidbits so far about what numbers players will be wearing. The Giants Twitter page says that Darius Reynaud and Devin Thomas will switch jersey numbers and rookie defensive tackle Marvin Austin will wear Barry Cofield’s old number. Here’s some jersey numbers for you for those who are into this:

#15 Devin Thomas
#81 Darius Reynaud
#96 Marvin Austin
#58 Mark Herzlich (Antonio Pierce's old number; free agent Gerris Wilkinson wore it last year)
#34 Da’Rel Scott (free agent Deon Grant’s number from last year)
#78 James Brewer
#39 Tyler Sash (Madison Hedgecock's old number)
#20 Prince Amukamara (Michael Johnson's old number)
#53 Greg Jones (Free agent Keith Bulluck's number last year)
#3 Jerrel Jernigan

Originally Posted by jrp44

Good, Cowher is waiting
nerd.gif
We get him, I will die from an overload of JOY
Half of our locker room doesn't like playing for Coughlin, can't believe they even gave him an extension. Too many of our stars have made complaints publicly so who knows what's really being said behind closed doors. Plus you can just see he lost control, he's not in charge. 

Originally Posted by jrp44

Good, Cowher is waiting
nerd.gif
We get him, I will die from an overload of JOY
Half of our locker room doesn't like playing for Coughlin, can't believe they even gave him an extension. Too many of our stars have made complaints publicly so who knows what's really being said behind closed doors. Plus you can just see he lost control, he's not in charge. 

I don't see how you can say Cough lost control, because when things are their worst the team actually responds to him. They still won 10 games and unfortunately did not make the playoffs, things like that happen.

Things like that are always an exaggeration, not everyone will get along 100% with a coach it comes with the territory.

I don't see how you can say Cough lost control, because when things are their worst the team actually responds to him. They still won 10 games and unfortunately did not make the playoffs, things like that happen.

Things like that are always an exaggeration, not everyone will get along 100% with a coach it comes with the territory.

Can we sit back and realize that Coughlin coached this team to a championship.

He is a smart coach who takes no crap, many football players are coddled and spoiled, his no nonsense attitude is good for the game, it teaches discipline.

Coughlin is A OK in my book.

The players that come out publicly and say they don't like playing for TC are babies. Grow a pair and win some games.

He is a smart coach who takes no crap, many football players are coddled and spoiled, his no nonsense attitude is good for the game, it teaches discipline.

The players that come out publicly and say they don't like playing for TC are babies. Grow a pair and win some games.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

True, I don't want a "player's coach" you see where that  got dallas

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

True, I don't want a "player's coach" you see where that  got dallas

For all of the annoyances Gilbride had previous he did a decent job last year, problem was we had a lot of injuries and even though we still put up points, it was very inconsistent.

He will forever be Killdrive though.

For all of the annoyances Gilbride had previous he did a decent job last year, problem was we had a lot of injuries and even though we still put up points, it was very inconsistent.

He will forever be Killdrive though.

1. Dallas doesn't have a players coach, Wade Phillips is $!+.
2. In my opinion, Spagnuolo is what got us that ring and had players responding.
3. Gilbride is definitely awful

Back
Top Bottom