2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

I'm going to miss Boss due to the fact that he was such a tough player and really did make some nice plays. Eli used to hang him out to dry so much, but hr always went to snag it(or at least try to) sacrificing his body.

I'm going to miss Boss due to the fact that he was such a tough player and really did make some nice plays. Eli used to hang him out to dry so much, but hr always went to snag it(or at least try to) sacrificing his body.

Brandon Jacobs says he would like to get around 200 carries this season.

This, just one day after Giants HC Tom Coughlin said Jacobs was underworked in 2010. Jacobs took the ball 147 times last season, averaging a sterling 5.6 yards. It's not completely out of the question that he could see 200 carries this year, but Ahmad Bradshaw wasn't given $18 million to carry the ball less. Rotoworld has Jacobs projected to take the rock 171 times.

Brandon Jacobs says he would like to get around 200 carries this season.

This, just one day after Giants HC Tom Coughlin said Jacobs was underworked in 2010. Jacobs took the ball 147 times last season, averaging a sterling 5.6 yards. It's not completely out of the question that he could see 200 carries this year, but Ahmad Bradshaw wasn't given $18 million to carry the ball less. Rotoworld has Jacobs projected to take the rock 171 times.

They will have a competitive team on the field so why would we not be excited? They had a good enough season to make the playoffs last year with the same young roster on offense.

They will have a competitive team on the field so why would we not be excited? They had a good enough season to make the playoffs last year with the same young roster on offense.

My only concern involves the receiving corps, just want to see if we have enough healthy bodies this year.

In regards to our youth on D, when you spend so many picks on 1st-3rd picks on young defensive players, the expectation that is 2-3 years after you pick them, they contribute meaningfully to the team.

So for Sintim, Dillard, Williams, Austin, Pierre-Paul, and Joseph, the time is now for them to show and prove. If it leads to bumps along the road, I'm fine with that. Better to be young and make mistakes, instead of being a vet and making mistakes.

My only concern involves the receiving corps, just want to see if we have enough healthy bodies this year.

In regards to our youth on D, when you spend so many picks on 1st-3rd picks on young defensive players, the expectation that is 2-3 years after you pick them, they contribute meaningfully to the team.

So for Sintim, Dillard, Williams, Austin, Pierre-Paul, and Joseph, the time is now for them to show and prove. If it leads to bumps along the road, I'm fine with that. Better to be young and make mistakes, instead of being a vet and making mistakes.

JPP did a good time with the PT he had, he has a role on this team. He is such a raw player but he got better with his hands and footwork as the season went on.

Our secondary seems to be one of the strong points this year, its all about our pressure and LB's helping with the run. Had some games where they were
eek.gif
and some games where they were
sick.gif
, but those were usually during the games where the young offense took a day off and the defense was out there too long.

Hopefully we have some luck with health this season.

JPP did a good time with the PT he had, he has a role on this team. He is such a raw player but he got better with his hands and footwork as the season went on.

Our secondary seems to be one of the strong points this year, its all about our pressure and LB's helping with the run. Had some games where they were
eek.gif
and some games where they were
sick.gif
, but those were usually during the games where the young offense took a day off and the defense was out there too long.

Hopefully we have some luck with health this season.

only thing i'm worried about is health, there is plenty of talent on the giants. i really like the talent we have on D with or w/o osi
did you catch ESPNs new QB rating system? they ranked Eli 7th best QB in the NFL off of last season.
eli is a good qb 8-10 of those int were not his fault at all and at least 4 ints he threw when his team was out of it and he was tying to make something out of nothing.....i think he can throw for 34 TDs and 14 ints this season....at least i hope, we really need to cut those TOs down....something they need to do is throw more screens

only thing i'm worried about is health, there is plenty of talent on the giants. i really like the talent we have on D with or w/o osi
did you catch ESPNs new QB rating system? they ranked Eli 7th best QB in the NFL off of last season.
eli is a good qb 8-10 of those int were not his fault at all and at least 4 ints he threw when his team was out of it and he was tying to make something out of nothing.....i think he can throw for 34 TDs and 14 ints this season....at least i hope, we really need to cut those TOs down....something they need to do is throw more screens

Originally Posted by Sequan

Originally Posted by Diego

You guys cant possibly be excited for the Giants season.

Let me guess jets or eagles fan
why shouldn't we be excited? After the possibility of no football, even 49ers, ******** and Raiders fans should be happy we have a season.
Not to mention we have a good team that should win 10 games this year. 

The biggest concern for me is going to be stopping the run and getting consistent pressure on the QB with out LB's. Also hopefully we have some sticky glue to put on our WR hands so that the tipped INT's stop for good. That was brutal to watch each game, made Eli look so much worse on paper than he really was

Originally Posted by Sequan

Originally Posted by Diego

You guys cant possibly be excited for the Giants season.

Let me guess jets or eagles fan
why shouldn't we be excited? After the possibility of no football, even 49ers, ******** and Raiders fans should be happy we have a season.
Not to mention we have a good team that should win 10 games this year. 

The biggest concern for me is going to be stopping the run and getting consistent pressure on the QB with out LB's. Also hopefully we have some sticky glue to put on our WR hands so that the tipped INT's stop for good. That was brutal to watch each game, made Eli look so much worse on paper than he really was

34 TDs and 14 ints this season.

He could do that but the problem is that means we wouldn't be running as much as we SHOULD be....I would prefer Eli with 25-30 TD and less INT, but if he's pass happy (which has been the system lately) he could probably throw 20 INT. A lot were not his fault but he does have a bad habit of either sailing his pass too high or throwing behind a WR.

Eli is VERY STREAKY, when he is on a flow he makes a lot of
eek.gif
passes but when the game is slow paced and not in a rhythm is when he usually makes his mistakes.

34 TDs and 14 ints this season.

He could do that but the problem is that means we wouldn't be running as much as we SHOULD be....I would prefer Eli with 25-30 TD and less INT, but if he's pass happy (which has been the system lately) he could probably throw 20 INT. A lot were not his fault but he does have a bad habit of either sailing his pass too high or throwing behind a WR.

Eli is VERY STREAKY, when he is on a flow he makes a lot of
eek.gif
passes but when the game is slow paced and not in a rhythm is when he usually makes his mistakes.

Giants announce CB Amukamara has a fracture of 5th metatarsal bone in left foot. surgery needed, sidelined for an undetermined period.

Suuuuuuuuper.

Giants announce CB Amukamara has a fracture of 5th metatarsal bone in left foot. surgery needed, sidelined for an undetermined period.

Suuuuuuuuper.

Back
Top Bottom