2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

perhaps i'm looking into it to much but getting rid of quality team player guys like allan faneca, thomas jones, tomlinson (who's most likely gone), jericho cotchery, damien woody, tony richardson, kris jenkins etc has had an effect as well. i mean it's unrealistic to keep all of those guys of course but this current team has nowhere near the amount of good solid voices and leaders in the locker room that the 2009 and 2010 teams had.

agree completely. reaching to get asomugha and not having it come through (with all the dudes who had to leave to make room) mixed with bryan thomas and cumberland going down set us on the path we're at now. There was too much turnover and decline/lateral movement. Figuring out who to draft is gonna be ridiculous because now there's holes everywhere. If LT leaves, McKnight ain't ready...hell neither is Greene. Our linebackers, right tackle, secondary, a deep threat, blocking TE if dude can't go...a QB.
30t6p3b.gif

Personally though...as bad as the things said about him were, we're beyond stuck with Holmes. I think we can make this work with him, because it's a long off-season and he doesn't wanna be that guy.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

perhaps i'm looking into it to much but getting rid of quality team player guys like allan faneca, thomas jones, tomlinson (who's most likely gone), jericho cotchery, damien woody, tony richardson, kris jenkins etc has had an effect as well. i mean it's unrealistic to keep all of those guys of course but this current team has nowhere near the amount of good solid voices and leaders in the locker room that the 2009 and 2010 teams had.

agree completely. reaching to get asomugha and not having it come through (with all the dudes who had to leave to make room) mixed with bryan thomas and cumberland going down set us on the path we're at now. There was too much turnover and decline/lateral movement. Figuring out who to draft is gonna be ridiculous because now there's holes everywhere. If LT leaves, McKnight ain't ready...hell neither is Greene. Our linebackers, right tackle, secondary, a deep threat, blocking TE if dude can't go...a QB.
30t6p3b.gif

Personally though...as bad as the things said about him were, we're beyond stuck with Holmes. I think we can make this work with him, because it's a long off-season and he doesn't wanna be that guy.

What happened to the Jet O-Line this year? A lot of Sanchez's problems (aside from Schotty's abismal coaching & game plans) were because he was under duress from the lack of protection. Brick & Mangold were horribly inconsistent this year. This also contributed to a lack of a running game...What's funny is the Steelers gave Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick. The Steelers then traded that pick to Arizona for CB Bryant McFadden & a 6th round pick which the Steelers used to get Antonio Brown....Super suprised Schotty's coming back. He & Tannenbaum need to be fired ASAP. Tannenbaum can't draft worth a %!%...

What happened to the Jet O-Line this year? A lot of Sanchez's problems (aside from Schotty's abismal coaching & game plans) were because he was under duress from the lack of protection. Brick & Mangold were horribly inconsistent this year. This also contributed to a lack of a running game...What's funny is the Steelers gave Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick. The Steelers then traded that pick to Arizona for CB Bryant McFadden & a 6th round pick which the Steelers used to get Antonio Brown....Super suprised Schotty's coming back. He & Tannenbaum need to be fired ASAP. Tannenbaum can't draft worth a %!%...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Whoa whoa whoa there.  He stole Curley this year, Mohammad would have been a top 15 pick this year if he stayed for his senior year.  He traded up to get David Harris, Keller, and Shonne Green.  He stole Revis from everyone else.  I mean I find problems with a lot of people but his drafting I don't doubt.  His only bad pick was Gholston and well frankly, looking at the players drafted after him, there weren't that many great ones that fit the needs of the Jets that were a high grade.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Whoa whoa whoa there.  He stole Curley this year, Mohammad would have been a top 15 pick this year if he stayed for his senior year.  He traded up to get David Harris, Keller, and Shonne Green.  He stole Revis from everyone else.  I mean I find problems with a lot of people but his drafting I don't doubt.  His only bad pick was Gholston and well frankly, looking at the players drafted after him, there weren't that many great ones that fit the needs of the Jets that were a high grade.

tim teufel wrote:
dont blame holmes for being upset,this team has no future with sanchez as the qb. this dude self destructed in crucial moments this year
You know more about a person when things go bad. Holmes is a female and should be thankful the JETS gave him a chance.
Sanchez had a bad year. Who hasn't had one bad year? Its part of the process to being great. I know Sanchez will over come this and be better next year.

tim teufel wrote:
dont blame holmes for being upset,this team has no future with sanchez as the qb. this dude self destructed in crucial moments this year
You know more about a person when things go bad. Holmes is a female and should be thankful the JETS gave him a chance.
Sanchez had a bad year. Who hasn't had one bad year? Its part of the process to being great. I know Sanchez will over come this and be better next year.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lmfao develop, but yall was claiming he a sb-caliber qb each season.

has the tools?
nah fambs, he IS a Tool.
laugh.gif
 Not a Jets fan at all and I've never said that he was a SB qb, but he obviously needs to get better.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lmfao develop, but yall was claiming he a sb-caliber qb each season.

has the tools?
nah fambs, he IS a Tool.
laugh.gif
 Not a Jets fan at all and I've never said that he was a SB qb, but he obviously needs to get better.

I haven't been in here yet but...

Peyton Manning...Get it done find a way, whatever neccesary.

Also go out and get a OLD or DE that can get to the QB...Year after year this team gets zero pressure on the QB.  Why we ever traded John Abraham I'll never understand.

I haven't been in here yet but...

Peyton Manning...Get it done find a way, whatever neccesary.

Also go out and get a OLD or DE that can get to the QB...Year after year this team gets zero pressure on the QB.  Why we ever traded John Abraham I'll never understand.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

McElroy just went innn.....wish Sanchez would speak up...such a fraud

what did he say?     to an extent it's easier for the backup to voice his opinion then the starter to an extent though.

regarding peyton manning, if he's available for the right price  it wouldn't shock me to have them go after him.   my only concern is them investing way too much on him.  peyton can obviously do alot of things mark sanchez can't do  but my concern is his neck.  the jets offensive line aside from mangold was trash this past season and if peyton were to be the same qb with virtually the same offensive line, my fear is that he reinjures his neck.  a healthy peyton would be a much better version of favre in 08 with better results tho.

they probably could've made it to the super bowl in 09 with a more expierenced qb. they were up 17-13 at half time and sanchez was playing decent that first half and even for part of the 3rd quarter, but it was unrealistic to expect him to keep being able to match the colts shot for shot when they kept scoring.  but aside from trading for cutler, or taking a chance on a fresh outta jail vick (when no team except for crappy teams would've considered making him a starter months outta jail) there really wasn't no one available that offseason

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

McElroy just went innn.....wish Sanchez would speak up...such a fraud

what did he say?     to an extent it's easier for the backup to voice his opinion then the starter to an extent though.

regarding peyton manning, if he's available for the right price  it wouldn't shock me to have them go after him.   my only concern is them investing way too much on him.  peyton can obviously do alot of things mark sanchez can't do  but my concern is his neck.  the jets offensive line aside from mangold was trash this past season and if peyton were to be the same qb with virtually the same offensive line, my fear is that he reinjures his neck.  a healthy peyton would be a much better version of favre in 08 with better results tho.

they probably could've made it to the super bowl in 09 with a more expierenced qb. they were up 17-13 at half time and sanchez was playing decent that first half and even for part of the 3rd quarter, but it was unrealistic to expect him to keep being able to match the colts shot for shot when they kept scoring.  but aside from trading for cutler, or taking a chance on a fresh outta jail vick (when no team except for crappy teams would've considered making him a starter months outta jail) there really wasn't no one available that offseason

Don't forget we basically had no run game in second half. Shonn & TJ were hurt. Our defense let us down

Do people forget Peyton plays like crap in the playoffs

Don't forget we basically had no run game in second half. Shonn & TJ were hurt. Our defense let us down

Yes but the one season that Peyton had just a semi decent defense he won the SB. Every other year the defense was in the mid to high 20s.

Yes but the one season that Peyton had just a semi decent defense he won the SB. Every other year the defense was in the mid to high 20s.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

to me the defense could only do so much against that colts team. when i look at that game, i think of the 2 missed field goals, the td before halftime,  and the play where sanchez got leveled yet they called holding on the jets.  you make those 2 field goals and at the very worst hold them to a field goal before halftime  worst case scenario, the colts get the ball back in the 3rd quarter down 23-9.    that said the jets caught some lucky breaks with missed field goals in both the bengals and san diego games so it goes both ways i guess.

that's been my issue with peyton.  he's a great regular season qb.  he should've won more then 1 super bowl though.   it's a team game  but the losses to pittsburgh in 2006, both san diego playoff losses, and a few other games earlier in his career are beyond me.

going 14-2 with home field advantage and losing to a 6 seed in indy is one thing,   doing the exact same thing in new york on a team that would be a super bowl favorite is something way different.

unless peyton is handed to the jets for dirt cheap and his contract is very cap friendly (which wouldn't make sense on either the colts or his part) i don't see any way peyton is a jet.

2 names i would be happy with as backup qb's though are jason campbell or david garrard. when healthy either of them would be a more then serviceable backup and fully capable of taking care of things if sanchez doesn't show improvement next season. especially jason campbell if he's willing to sign with someone as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom