2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

roll.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You're ******ed, definitely a senior...Luck would've been the #1 pick last year coming out as a junior. How you don't know/haven't caught wind of that at this point is beyond me.

Ol' condescending don't know $##! ...

Andrew Luck is a Redshirt Junior.  He redshirted, that is why he was eligible to get drafted as a Sophomore last season.

2008- Redshirt
2009- Redshirt Freshman
2010- Redshirt Sophomore
2011- Redshirt Junior

There is no way in hell Luck returns next year, by now it looks like he will be a Dolphin or a Colt, but he does have one year of eligibility left.  He can come back if he wants to, but there is less than a 1% chance he returns and that is being optimistic.

Stanford Bio

Spoiler [+]
Yes, it says he's a "Senior", eligibility wise he is a "Redshirt Junior" with one year left of football eligibility.
Thank you sir.
laugh.gif

The original statement I replied to was dude saying, Luck was not a senior (insisting he might stay 1 more year). When in reality, HE IS CLASSIFIED AS A SENIOR.

Get off Steeez's nuts for 2 seconds before you want to fight his battle and try to get all technical with the issue like A. Luck's going to be on some Oklahoma "Jason White" back in the day type sh**, as if he has no NFL future with plans of playing CFB until he's forced out.

No thread jack though...Carry along.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

You're ******ed, definitely a senior...Luck would've been the #1 pick last year coming out as a junior. How you don't know/haven't caught wind of that at this point is beyond me.

Ol' condescending don't know $##! ...

Andrew Luck is a Redshirt Junior.  He redshirted, that is why he was eligible to get drafted as a Sophomore last season.

2008- Redshirt
2009- Redshirt Freshman
2010- Redshirt Sophomore
2011- Redshirt Junior

There is no way in hell Luck returns next year, by now it looks like he will be a Dolphin or a Colt, but he does have one year of eligibility left.  He can come back if he wants to, but there is less than a 1% chance he returns and that is being optimistic.

Stanford Bio

Spoiler [+]
Yes, it says he's a "Senior", eligibility wise he is a "Redshirt Junior" with one year left of football eligibility.
Thank you sir.
laugh.gif

The original statement I replied to was dude saying, Luck was not a senior (insisting he might stay 1 more year). When in reality, HE IS CLASSIFIED AS A SENIOR.

Get off Steeez's nuts for 2 seconds before you want to fight his battle and try to get all technical with the issue like A. Luck's going to be on some Oklahoma "Jason White" back in the day type sh**, as if he has no NFL future with plans of playing CFB until he's forced out.

No thread jack though...Carry along.

What battle though?
laugh.gif
not that serious broski

Anyway, Go Skins and Steelers. I would say go Giants but the team they are playing doesn't matter anyway

What battle though?
laugh.gif
not that serious broski

Anyway, Go Skins and Steelers. I would say go Giants but the team they are playing doesn't matter anyway

[h2]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/29/stories-of-the-season-the-revis-10/[/h2]
[h2]Stories of the Season: The Revis 10[/h2]
October 29th, 2011 | Author: Sam Monson

We’re seven weeks into the season and Darelle Revis is doing something pretty special. The level of play he’s returned to after a 2010 season slowed by early injury is causing people to draw legitimate comparisons to Deion Sanders in his prime.

To this point, Revis has been thrown at 33 times. He has allowed 10 receptions. He has yet to give up a touchdown, though he has scored one of his own. Opposing quarterbacks are just as likely to have the ball picked (four times) or batted down (another six times) as they are to have it caught by their intended receiver when they challenge Revis’ coverage. Picking on Revis this season is yielding a QB rating of just 2.9. Yes, 2.9. The next best mark among starting corners is the 39.4 of the Panthers’ Chris Gamble and there are only three players under 50.

Eight of the 10 completions he has allowed came in two games, with Brandon Marshall responsible for half of them. In three games this season Revis hasn’t given up a catch at all and in two more he has allowed just one. Revis’ best five games account for just two catches for 19 yards from 13 targets.

He is raising the bar for the position and giving renewed spirit to the phrase ‘shutdown corner’, something only recently thought to be extinct as a species. Following that theme, much like on the wildlife shows when something extraordinary is captured on film and you have to take a closer look, with Revis allowing just these 10 receptions – an amazingly manageable number for a midseason piece like this – we’re going to go through each in turn.

Note: We have discussed the 73-yard reception to Wes Welker before and it will not feature below. Though Revis definitely made a mess of the play, the Jets were in quarters coverage and the ball was caught in Eric Smith’s zone, not that of Revis, so he gets primary coverage on the reception.

[h2]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/29/stories-of-the-season-the-revis-10/[/h2]
[h2]Stories of the Season: The Revis 10[/h2]
October 29th, 2011 | Author: Sam Monson

We’re seven weeks into the season and Darelle Revis is doing something pretty special. The level of play he’s returned to after a 2010 season slowed by early injury is causing people to draw legitimate comparisons to Deion Sanders in his prime.

To this point, Revis has been thrown at 33 times. He has allowed 10 receptions. He has yet to give up a touchdown, though he has scored one of his own. Opposing quarterbacks are just as likely to have the ball picked (four times) or batted down (another six times) as they are to have it caught by their intended receiver when they challenge Revis’ coverage. Picking on Revis this season is yielding a QB rating of just 2.9. Yes, 2.9. The next best mark among starting corners is the 39.4 of the Panthers’ Chris Gamble and there are only three players under 50.

Eight of the 10 completions he has allowed came in two games, with Brandon Marshall responsible for half of them. In three games this season Revis hasn’t given up a catch at all and in two more he has allowed just one. Revis’ best five games account for just two catches for 19 yards from 13 targets.

He is raising the bar for the position and giving renewed spirit to the phrase ‘shutdown corner’, something only recently thought to be extinct as a species. Following that theme, much like on the wildlife shows when something extraordinary is captured on film and you have to take a closer look, with Revis allowing just these 10 receptions – an amazingly manageable number for a midseason piece like this – we’re going to go through each in turn.

Note: We have discussed the 73-yard reception to Wes Welker before and it will not feature below. Though Revis definitely made a mess of the play, the Jets were in quarters coverage and the ball was caught in Eric Smith’s zone, not that of Revis, so he gets primary coverage on the reception.

go 3-1 in november with the patriots game being one of the wins and things will be great.

hell i'd love 4-0 though.

go 3-1 in november with the patriots game being one of the wins and things will be great.

hell i'd love 4-0 though.

wife's going out with my daughters, just me, my son and football
pimp.gif

might let the little guy try a beer
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom