* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

Originally Posted by JPZx

3-0.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Bears and Vikings fans have gone ghost, neither have much to talk about/be proud of
roll.gif

We here. Trust me, Vikings fans know how bad it is now, but what we gonna do about it?

What are we supposed to say anyway?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Bears and Vikings fans have gone ghost, neither have much to talk about/be proud of
roll.gif

We here. Trust me, Vikings fans know how bad it is now, but what we gonna do about it?

I don't know man, discuss why your team is down and what needs to improve??  I will start it for you.  The Vikings were rolling the first half with their run game, the 2nd half when you think they would want to run the ball to shorten the game they changed their focus and went away from the run a little.  People want to blame McNabb and he has been buns but the coach is responsible for these meltdowns.  3 weeks in a row, there is no excuse for that.  Haven't looked at the Vikings schedule on if there are any winnable games coming up but if they don't start winning soon I think Ponder should play.

Good news for the Lions, the team is hopeful that Nick Fairley will finally make his NFL debut next week.  Not getting much time but easing him in there mostly on passing downs.  Could be great going up against a struggling Dallas offensive line and a hurt Romo
pimp.gif

roll.gif

You dont need to say a thing....your frustration is more than enough to tie me over

roll.gif

I don't know man, discuss why your team is down and what needs to improve??  I will start it for you.  The Vikings were rolling the first half with their run game, the 2nd half when you think they would want to run the ball to shorten the game they changed their focus and went away from the run a little.  People want to blame McNabb and he has been buns but the coach is responsible for these meltdowns.  3 weeks in a row, there is no excuse for that.  Haven't looked at the Vikings schedule on if there are any winnable games coming up but if they don't start winning soon I think Ponder should play.

Good news for the Lions, the team is hopeful that Nick Fairley will finally make his NFL debut next week.  Not getting much time but easing him in there mostly on passing downs.  Could be great going up against a struggling Dallas offensive line and a hurt Romo
pimp.gif
Blame it on the coach? As I vikes fan I am not willing to do it yet.
We did the give it to Peterson thing against San diego and it cost us, I am pretty sure we did the same thing against the Bucs. At some point the QB has to make plays. And besides, he is a def coach, and that is exactly what has been giving us our leads. We are a first half team, and even when we are up, little to none of that has to do with McNabb. Start the rookie, and lets see what he can do with the first team.

If we lose to the chiefs, I really don't see the point of not having Ponder out there.

Y'all realize the Vikings gotta go 10-3 from here on out to make the post-season right?

They haven't played the Packers yet (gotta play them 2x), haven't played the Bears yet (gotta play them 2x), still have the Lions on the road, Falcons on the road, and the Saints.

Bahahaha
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I wish I disliked the Lions more than I do...

This.
then I'd get on airblaster and all the Lions fans for feeling themselves too much, but barely knowing what W's feel like again. 

Andrew Luck if possible, but I think even the Bears, Packers, and Lions fans in here would admit we won't be the worst team in the NFL.

Justin Blackmon, Matt Kalil, Dre Kitpatrick, Jonathan Martin, etc.

Those are all potentials. The only way I'm on board with spending another first round pick on a QB is if it's Andrew Luck. Nobody else... no Landry Jones, no Matt Barkley.

We need secondary help, but Blackmon would be an awesome compliment to Percy, and Kalil and Martin would improve a crumbling offensive line.

I'm in slight disagreement with you JPZ. Assuming no Luck, I want Landry. I think he's 1A for QB's in this draft and will have a great NFL career. Just so bummed how it felt like Minnesota rushed and/or panicked by picking Ponder this last year. He's got potential, but who doesn't? They're just in a tough spot.

As of right now, the correction goes both ways. Frazier has inspired me none and it seems likewise with his players because these second half meltdowns are absolutely ridiculous. And I thought Darrell Bevell brought his playcalling ineptitude to Seattle? Well, he did, but watching this team I still feel like he's here. Ick!

It's not all on the coaches though as these guys are professionals, right? Show some urgency and respect the fact that you're in the NFL. Whether it's a QB thing or a team complacency thing, it's still habit forming. Over the long haul, this could be the beginning of a super long season. This extremely talented team is quickly snowballing well below mediocrity.

Last thing...AP is still, without a doubt, the best RB in the league. Guy is running so ferocious this year, but the carries and spotlight just ain't there. Jared Allen
pimp.gif
Antoine Winfield
pimp.gif
and a few other guys still bring it....@@$@. I change my mind. IT IS a coaching thing!

Bears are either going to get it together enough to get a decent amount of wins, or they will lose enough where firing Jerry Angelo and Mike Martz is a real possibility. Sounds like a win win to me.....minus the fact that our offense sucks most of the time.

Sad to see the Vikings with so much talent start 0-3 and basically eliminate themselves from the playoff picture already (like there was any hope of making them anyway)

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Lions fans need to chill.....next week is an easy win for yall but don't get too comfortable.

I don't think any one of us are doing backflips about the team. I'm just upset that we can't be excited about being 3-0, tho.

Still here, just been busy. I stated my opinions in the Game Thread on Sunday.. was so disappointed. Am also looking forward to the draft...never wanted McNabb but hey, just a year right? I wanna see Ponder on the field before I hop on the SuckForLuck wagon - but then again, I really would LOVE to have Luck on this team.

Back
Top Bottom