2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

^ Maybe because he seems to be from Cleveland... Just kidding man, The Browns look like they're building to win. Got a nice O-line (although Stienbach injury is a mother...). Colt McCoy seems to be the real deal. He showed some cojones last year against some good teams & got a couple of nice Ws... If your young players come through, you might have a decent squad.

BRONCOS vs [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]raiders[/color] opening Monday night game 
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 102, 51)]HYPED![/color]

Terrelle Pryor's Wonderlic Score Was Reportedly A 7

Deadspin.com

The Raiders are praying that Terrelle Pryor's football IQ is higher than his actual IQ. According to Bob McGinn, the Packers beat writer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Pryor scored a whopping 7 on his Wonderlic Test.
We don't know if that's true; we also don't know how it's possible. Vince Young, the only NFL player that everyone believes is capable of scoring a 6, didn't actually score his 6. So if Pryor did indeed rack up a 7, it's not mental ******ation—it's just a guy who doesn't give a +%%# about a multiple choice test thrown in front of him, as well he shouldn't. Here's a study that shows no correlation between Wonderlic score and quarterback performance.

The real story here is Bob McGinn, or any writer or personnel staff member who sees fit to leak a player's Wonderlic score. It's a pointless measure of nothing, it's supposed to be confidential, and it serves zero purpose except...what? Well, the only time scores leak, it seems to be either a high-scoring white player or a low-scoring black player.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Didnt someone post that it was like a 26 or something???

laugh.gif
I hate these dudes that are blessed with such physical stature and athletic abilities but don't even try in life.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I hate these dudes that are blessed with such physical stature and athletic abilities but don't even try in life.

Yea because being in better shape then 99.9% of the world comes easy
eyes.gif
. These guys dont need to know the capital of Idaho if they can read a defense or run a 4.3. Dont hate the player hate the game.

Originally Posted by flightman

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
. These guys dont need to know the capital of Idaho if they can read a defense or run a 4.3. Dont hate the player hate the game.
SPARE ME this nonsense pleaseeee. "Ohhhh but he has to work sooooo hard to stay in shape!!!"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hes got natural abilities that you and I will only dream of.  Those abilities allowed him to attend a top academic facility in this country for FREE.  And the guy has been disregarding the advantages he has for years... I cant imagine the kind of lecture hall desks that allowed this 6'5 dude to sleep comfortably in class while he was at OSU.  Oh wait he probably didn't even show up because he was too busy test driving freebie 370z's
laugh.gif

Hell be an absolute FLOP in the NFL... Hell never be a starting QB and if he is hell be terrible. 

Terrell Pryor reading NFL defenses.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I couldn't care less about the career of T Pryor. You sound dumb as hell trying to downplay the countless hours these players spend in the gym though. Yea they get a "free ride" but how much did thier college profit off of them. Players of Pryors athletic ability go to school to major in NFL not accounting. In Pryor's case, lifting weights > passing his economics class.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
SPARE ME this nonsense pleaseeee. "Ohhhh but he has to work sooooo hard to stay in shape!!!"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hes got natural abilities that you and I will only dream of.  Those abilities allowed him to attend a top academic facility in this country for FREE.  And the guy has been disregarding the advantages he has for years... I cant imagine the kind of lecture hall desks that allowed this 6'5 dude to sleep comfortably in class while he was at OSU.  Oh wait he probably didn't even show up because he was too busy test driving freebie 370z's
laugh.gif

Hell be an absolute FLOP in the NFL... Hell never be a starting QB and if he is hell be terrible. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hmm...you sound angry.

With that said, wonderlic scores are ultra deceiving.

Dan Marino scored a 16.
Donovan McNabb scored a 14.
Jamarcus Russell? a 24.

Hardly a steadfast measuring stick of greatness at QB.

hate these dudes that are blessed with such physical stature and athletic abilities but don't even try in life.

There's millions of people blessed with "such physical stature and athletic abilities", but they won't/couldn't make it to the NFL.
I love how a dude makes it to a PROFESSIONAL level of sports without "trying in life". That's impossible. That's hatred.

Like I said, you said angry...or maybe even a little jealous (you know that's a female trait right?).

I couldn't care less about the career of T Pryor. You sound dumb as hell trying to downplay the countless hours these players spend in the gym though. Yea they get a "free ride" but how much did thier college profit off of them. Players of Pryors athletic ability go to school to major in NFL not accounting. In Pryor's case, lifting weights > passing his economics class.
The Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test (formerly known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT)) is a twelve-minute, fifty-question test used to assess the aptitude of prospective employees for learning and problem-solving in a range of occupations. The test was developed by industrial psychologist Eldon F. Wonderlic.[sup][1][/sup] The score is calculated as the number of correct answers given in the allotted time. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence (corresponding to an intelligence quotient of 100; a rough conversion is accomplished via the following formula: IQ = 2WPT + 60.[sup][citation needed][/sup] A new version was released in January 2007 called the Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive Ability Test (formerly known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test – Revised). It contains questions more appropriate to the 21st century and is available both online and in printed form, whereas the original test is only available on paper.

Yeah, I look stupid because Terrelle Pryor can barely accomplish scoring 1/3 of what is considered AVERAGE intelligence...

While an average football player usually scores around 20 points, Wonderlic, Inc. claims
a score of at least 10 points suggests a person is literate.

He must be in the gym a lottttttttttttttttttt.

Originally Posted by AG 47

eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hmm...you sound angry.

With that said, wonderlic scores are ultra deceiving.

Dan Marino scored a 16.
Donovan McNabb scored a 14.
Jamarcus Russell? a 24.

Hardly a steadfast measuring stick of greatness at QB.

hate these dudes that are blessed with such physical stature and athletic abilities but don't even try in life.

There's millions of people blessed with "such physical stature and athletic abilities", but they won't/couldn't make it to the NFL.
I love how a dude makes it to a PROFESSIONAL level of sports without "trying in life". That's impossible. That's hatred.

Like I said, you said angry...or maybe even a little jealous (you know that's a female trait right?).
at the end of the day my take is this. i could care less if nfl players are smart as dumb.  i watch them to play football not to be smart.  that said the average nfl career isn't that long, contracts aren't guaranteed, and the nfl pays the least out of the 4 major sports.  that means the money isn't going to be coming in forever. that said most athletes should realize it's in their best interest to take advantage of the free education and opportunities their athletic talents have given them.  for every nfl player that has a 10 + year career and has enough to be set for life  there's about 15 players who will only be in the league 2-3 years and then what do they do.

Btw AG... I never said he wouldn't be a good NFL QB because of the score. And no I am definitely not angry... Why should I be? If id be jealous of someone it definitely wouldn't of Terrelle Pryor.

You really believe that some of these guys natural talent doesn't put them on the moving sidewalk through HS? College? Really? 5* recruit because hes 6'5 and runs a 4.35... Obviously hes in the gym but so is everyone else in the NCAAF. And hes more naturally gifted than 90+% of them....

Originally Posted by Peep Game

LOL Alex Smith of all people scored a 40.

says all i need to know about the wonderlink and smart guys in the nfl.   i want alex smith to win games for the 49ers, not answer random questions.  now if he can answer random questions and be a great quarterback then awesome but if he had a 7 on the wonderlink and did what aaron rodgers did then i could care less.

The lions building a squad , i got them coming in second behind the pack.........

Bush is trash , always has and always will be.

he was exposed by texas in the chip and dude was not built for the NFL.

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Not a good argument...At all.

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Not a good argument...At all.

The Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test (formerly known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT)) is a twelve-minute, fifty-question test used to assess the aptitude of prospective employees for learning and problem-solving in a range of occupations. The test was developed by industrial psychologist Eldon F. Wonderlic.[sup][1][/sup] The score is calculated as the number of correct answers given in the allotted time. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence (corresponding to an intelligence quotient of 100; a rough conversion is accomplished via the following formula: IQ = 2WPT + 60.[sup][citation needed][/sup] A new version was released in January 2007 called the Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive Ability Test (formerly known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test – Revised). It contains questions more appropriate to the 21st century and is available both online and in printed form, whereas the original test is only available on paper.

Yeah, I look stupid because Terrelle Pryor can barely accomplish scoring 1/3 of what is considered AVERAGE intelligence...

While an average football player usually scores around 20 points, Wonderlic, Inc. claims
a score of at least 10 points suggests a person is literate.

He must be in the gym a lottttttttttttttttttt.

Obviously your the dumb one who can't read because in the article they were saying how some people care less about the wonderlic and simply mark anything down. Wonderlic scores don't affect anyone's draft status so I don't even know why they still administer it anyway.

Obviously your the dumb one who can't read because in the article they were saying how some people care less about the wonderlic and simply mark anything down. Wonderlic scores don't affect anyone's draft status so I don't even know why they still administer it anyway.
If you're saying Pryor didn't even try and just marked anything down then you're only helping my original point that he doesn't care or try.

Btw AG... I never said he wouldn't be a good NFL QB because of the score. And no I am definitely not angry... Why should I be? If id be jealous of someone it definitely wouldn't of Terrelle Pryor.

You really believe that some of these guys natural talent doesn't put them on the moving sidewalk through HS? College? Really? 5* recruit because hes 6'5 and runs a 4.35... Obviously hes in the gym but so is everyone else in the NCAAF. And hes more naturally gifted than 90+% of them....

Of course natural talent helps. I am not arguing that it doesn't, BUT you make it seem as if that Terrelle Pryor just rolled out of bed, ran a 4.35 and then had everything he's ever wanted handed to him. Do you really believe that? You think every dude who's 6'5'' and is fast as hell makes it playing professional sports? Of course you don't. So what's the difference? Hard work. Natural gifts ONLY take you so far in life. Everybody born on this planet has natural gifts in some fashion. Some blessed with aptitude for learning, others with more physically dominant gifts. What you do with them is the real question. How hard you work to develop those gifts into commodities is what's critical. Talent is nothing without hard work. And honestly, who are you to
say that so and so did NOT work hard to get to where they are?

And I'd disagree with you that he has been "disregarding the advantages he has for years". Ohio St. (like any other major school) uses their athletic students to sell school merchandise, sell tickets, receive alumni support, etc...The bottom line is that they use their players. Well, Terrelle Pryor just got drafted to the NFL, where he have the opportunity to make millions and earn a spot at being a starting professional QB. He just used the school to get to the NFL. He used them, like they used him. Of course he could have gotten an all world education, but does he have to? Because you say so?

And lastly, why are you so certain he'll be a FLOP at QB? Because he didn't learn Multivariable Calculus? No, that can't be it. There's been PLENTY of QB's who did terrible on Wonderlic scores and became successful, hall of fame even, QB's. So that can't be it. Is it because you perceive he doesn't work hard? Pryor is drawing an awful lot of comparisons to Jamarcus Russell lately, but Pryor has never been pudgy or had his work ethic questioned. Never. He caught flack for selling his own jersey for discounted tats, but I've never heard anyone complain about the amount of effort he puts into making himself better. So let me ask it again, why are you so adamant that Pryor will fail at QB?

EDIT: Since the Wonderlic is the end all, be all to Quarterbacking in the NFL.

Steelers GM denies Terrelle Pryor report

By John Clayton ESPN.com

Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor had a higher Wonderlic score than the seven that was reported earlier Wednesday, according to Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert, who administered the tests.

said Pryor's score on his second test was significantly improved and NFL teams used that number in making their evaluations. Colbert declined to disclose Pryor's score on the second test.

"The report of a seven test score is erroneous," Colbert said. "I administered both tests and I can tell you that his score was significantly higher than that. I informed all teams and scouts interested in him about the score. In scouting, we always go with the higher Wonderlic score."

Question for you Fraij, do you know what school the guy who reported Pryor's score of 7 went to?
laugh.gif

captureyl.jpg

Wonderlic is so useless. I think it would be better to have an oral assessment testing football schemes and situations and what have you for quarterbacks. Vary this assessment by position. I'm pretty sure scouts can tell who knows their stuff and who doesn't. Wasn't Matt Ryan super impressive in his team interviews? They should do something like that and have a database of questions to ask. Change it up for every player and see how he thinks on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom