2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

so last year was a fluke?   
nerd.gif

Nah. We have a ton of young talent at pretty much every position. But our offensive line is going to sabotage our season. They're terrible, and scary to Freeman's health. They haven't opened a single hole for any of our RB's all preseason, and I don't see it getting any better. Hopefully some quality offensive linemen get waived in the next week.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Why would Aikman wanna deck Skip? Skip verbally gives massive fellatio to the Cowboys every day.

Skip was speculating that Aikman was gay back in the 90s.

After looking at our backup offensive lineman I hope the starting unit can keep a good bill of health.

Seems like Kubes is coddling Leinart more than seeing what he really has, I don't think I seen him run with the 1s all preseason.

Can't say I know or have seen the strategy Kubiak has used with Leinart, but given where Leinart is in his career and knowing he isn't the starter, Kubiak could just be taking the first step to restoring confidence in Matt.

I still would have liked to seen him get a few reps in with the 1st team to at least get some assurance that he can be a solid player.

Kyle Rudolph looks like he's gonna be nice too.

Originally Posted by Put em up

so last year was a fluke?   
nerd.gif
Absolutely! I don't know how many times I have to say it. The Bucs had a ridiculously lucky year in 2010 and Josh Freeman is about as overrated as it gets right now.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Bucs aren't winning more than 8 games this season. Our offensive line and backup RB's might be the worst in the entire league. We had all the money in the world to improve these positions in the offseason too. That line is going to get Freeman and Blount @**$!% up by the end of the season.

Im feeling the same way. Josh Freeman cant do it all by himself. No way our gm and owner should have been so cheap this year. Ill put us at around 9 games though.
at least we will still be better than the Panthers.

I like the Cam decision by Rivera, he's gonna struggle of course but there is nothing we've seen in Clausen that suggests Carolina has the luxury to nurse Newton cautiously behind a mentor. 

Originally Posted by Statis22

After looking at our backup offensive lineman I hope the starting unit can keep a good bill of health.

Seems like Kubes is coddling Leinart more than seeing what he really has, I don't think I seen him run with the 1s all preseason.

Same here. I;m sure you already know why Kub likes Leinart so much. Besides him actually improving, Kub likes giving backup guys a shot at becoming
legit starters, since he backed up Elway for 10-12 years. Makes plenty sense.

Carson hasn't put in his retirement papers.
nerd.gif

I know everyone around here thinks he sucks, but I think he's a very good QB still and its the Bengals and lack of leadership that hurt him the most.

I hope he reports soon just so Mike Brown has to pay him. Would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Panthers seriously might win more games than us this year.

The first game of the season against the Lions will tell me everything I need to know about this season.
I predict a Lions win by 10+ points.  I think the Bucs are going to be good in a couple years but the Lions still have that momentum from winning the last 4 games last year and Stafford has played lights out.  This team is rolling and definitely not a defense that you want to go up against with a spotty o-line.  Unfortunately I am going to miss the game due to work and will have to watch it later in the day.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

nerd.gif

I know everyone around here thinks he sucks, but I think he's a very good QB still and its the Bengals and lack of leadership that hurt him the most.

I heard on the radio that they think he will probably be traded sometime in the next week.  Carson may have fallen off some but there are way to many  qb's in the league that are straight up bums starting.  I see him landing in Seattle of Miami eventually, both of those teams qb's are garbage.

nerd.gif

ehh, I don't think he's very good anymore. more serviceable then some guys in this league that are taking snaps now though.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

nerd.gif

I heard on the radio that they think he will probably be traded sometime in the next week.  Carson may have fallen off some but there are way to many  qb's in the league that are straight up bums starting.  I see him landing in Seattle of Miami eventually, both of those teams qb's are garbage.
Hey, now!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom