2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

I like Aaron Rodgers more and more, just seems like a cool guy and a hell of a QB

Steelers working on a Troy extension before Sunday

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I like Aaron Rodgers more and more, just seems like a cool guy and a hell of a QB 
He was super laid back when I met him in '09... Talked to him for like 10 minutes and got a pic with him and he didn't seemed bothered by taking the time out of his day at all.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

calvinwatkins
Jerry jones said mike Jenkins was hurt today on practice. Said he might have 3 CB for the jets game

and on newman:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/07/terence-newman-unlikely-to-play-week-one/

calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
Not sure who this is but Jerry jones said an offensive lineman was hurt today. Won't say who

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Unfortunately, I agree. One of my favorite Q's in the league...Packers
30t6p3b.gif

I thought when he did the belt that was the coolest thing ever.

who y'all got tomorrow night??? gonna be a good game, i'm taking the packers just cuz i HATE the saints soo much

Mike Jenkins and Tyron smith have suffered knee injuries and will undergo MRIs today

Mike Jenkins and Tyron smith have suffered knee injuries and will undergo MRIs today

30t6p3b.gif

Not Tyron at least

[h2]Jaguars LB will be on a payment plan for his $20,000 fine[/h2]
By Chris Chase

jaguars_lb_is_on_a_payment_plan_for_his_fine.jpg
"/">
Making the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad could end up costing Mike Lockley $20,000.

During the preseason, the linebacker was assessed a $20,000 fine for an illegal hit on a New England Patriots receiver. That debt was wiped away when he was cut from the team's roster at the end of the preseason. If he had remained out of football, Lockley wouldn't have had to pay. Not an NFL player? No NFL fine.

When he was re-signed to the practice squad this week, the fine was reinstated. That would be a hefty amount of money no matter a player's salary. But as a member of the practice squad, Lockley will make $5,700 per week, far less than the amount he owes the NFL.

According to league spokesman Greg Aiello, players like Lockley are put on a payment plan to satisfy their debts. In Lockley's case, once he gets his first paycheck, he'd pay $2,500 per week for eight weeks to make good with the NFL.

Because the amount of the fine is more than 25 percent of his weekly check, Lockley can lodge an appeal. If I were him, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that fine changed. The NFL doesn't exactly champion the cause of the little guy.

By Chris Chase

"/">
Making the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad could end up costing Mike Lockley $20,000.

During the preseason, the linebacker was assessed a $20,000 fine for an illegal hit on a New England Patriots receiver. That debt was wiped away when he was cut from the team's roster at the end of the preseason. If he had remained out of football, Lockley wouldn't have had to pay. Not an NFL player? No NFL fine.

When he was re-signed to the practice squad this week, the fine was reinstated. That would be a hefty amount of money no matter a player's salary. But as a member of the practice squad, Lockley will make $5,700 per week, far less than the amount he owes the NFL.

According to league spokesman Greg Aiello, players like Lockley are put on a payment plan to satisfy their debts. In Lockley's case, once he gets his first paycheck, he'd pay $2,500 per week for eight weeks to make good with the NFL.

Because the amount of the fine is more than 25 percent of his weekly check, Lockley can lodge an appeal. If I were him, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that fine changed. The NFL doesn't exactly champion the cause of the little guy.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

NFL is %%#!%% up

The latest on Colts QB Peyton Manning. Jake Query, a radio host on WNDE in Indianapolis is reporting that sources are telling him that Peyton Manning
is out for the year.

Ruh roh, Andrew Luck backing up Manning
pimp.gif

The latest on Colts QB Peyton Manning. Jake Query, a radio host on WNDE in 

Indianapolis is reporting that sources are telling him that Peyton Manning

is out for the year. 

Query posted this on his twitter feed today:

"What I (Query) said: A source I consider reliable told me he is out for the 

season. I do believe that the actual diagnosis is still being determined"

Query then followed that with: "I (Query) was also told the 3rd procedure has 

taken place, either Sun or Monday."

Brady has Mallet and Hoyer.
Rodgers has Flynn.
Roethisberger has Batch and Dixon.
Rivers has Volek.
Vick has Young.

Colts? Curtis Painter and two-weeks-on-the-roster Kerry Collins. Good going, Indy.
laugh.gif

Send me your PayPal address, Paul.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

By Chris Chase

"/">

eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

NFL is %%#!%% up

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom