2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Roger and his fine structure is laughable. His tenure and changes that have been made could be called that also

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

[h2]Jaguars LB will be on a payment plan for his $20,000 fine[/h2]
eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

NFL is %%#!%% up
Team should take some of that money they saved by cutting David Gerrard and up that dudes salary til he gets it paid.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Roger and his fine structure is laughable. His tenure and changes that have been made could be called that also

Does he even have a structure? Roger is really annoying.

[h1]Report: New deal may be needed to solve Dez Bryant’s money troubles[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT

dezbryantgetty.jpg
Getty Images
As Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant prepares for a regular season in which, if he stays healthy, he can make the right kind of headlines, he is wrapping up an offseason in which he made the wrong kind of headlines.  Though he has yet to be arrested, he continues to exude a sense of financial irresponsibility, with lawsuits arising from a bad habit of buying things without paying for them.

The red ink has gotten so thick that, according to Clarence E. Hill, Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Bryant may need a new contract in order to get his head above water.

Unfortunately, Bryant’s contract can’t be renegotiated for at least one more season.  Under the prior CBA, long-term rookie deals couldn’t be restructured or extended until the player has completed two years of service.  (Under the new CBA, rookies must live with their deals for three years.)

The fact that Bryant needs money demonstrates how much money he has wasted.  He earned $2.84 million in 2010, and he’ll get a base salary of $1.1 million in 2011.  He also received a $1 million roster bonus after the lockout ended.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-needed-to-solve-dez-bryants-money-troubles/

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/06/3341701/source-cowboys-bryant-may-need.html

Someoneneeds tohem Dez up likeshorty in Clock Work Orange & make him watchthese vids....Hope he at least has some nice kicks...LOL...

its pointless to appeal a fine, as you're gonna be appealing the Fine to the person who gave it to you, good 'ole Roger

I still can't watch the America's Game for the Packers this past year. I know at some point I will be able to, but not yet....man it would've been nice to cap the comeback and win that game

- In theory, redemption (on the field) for Ben
- LeBeau could've retired a SB champ and HOFer
- 2nd dynasty for the franchise
- I think Hines may have retired
- Cap off another historic defense

Oh well, hopefully this year

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

[h2]Jaguars LB will be on a payment plan for his $20,000 fine[/h2]
By Chris Chase

jaguars_lb_is_on_a_payment_plan_for_his_fine.jpg
"/">
Making the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad could end up costing Mike Lockley $20,000.

During the preseason, the linebacker was assessed a $20,000 fine for an illegal hit on a New England Patriots receiver. That debt was wiped away when he was cut from the team's roster at the end of the preseason. If he had remained out of football, Lockley wouldn't have had to pay. Not an NFL player? No NFL fine.

When he was re-signed to the practice squad this week, the fine was reinstated. That would be a hefty amount of money no matter a player's salary. But as a member of the practice squad, Lockley will make $5,700 per week, far less than the amount he owes the NFL.

According to league spokesman Greg Aiello, players like Lockley are put on a payment plan to satisfy their debts. In Lockley's case, once he gets his first paycheck, he'd pay $2,500 per week for eight weeks to make good with the NFL.

Because the amount of the fine is more than 25 percent of his weekly check, Lockley can lodge an appeal. If I were him, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that fine changed. The NFL doesn't exactly champion the cause of the little guy.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

NFL is %%#!%% up

laugh.gif

Wow. How many players got fined for hitting Patriots this preseason? I know two off the top of my head from Tampa and then this guy....and their all on rookie contracts 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Wow. How many players got fined for hitting Patriots this preseason? I know two off the top of my head from Tampa and then this guy....and their all on rookie contracts 
indifferent.gif

[luther lavay]respect will be paid![/luther lavay]

A couple more days before the season starts and I'm just waiting for the Jaguars to make one more stunning move. I wasn't the biggest Garrard fan, but in a small market team, he was a solid choice. Like I mentioned, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it doesn't, David's release will be on of the most puzzling moves I've seen.

Del Rio is a sub par coach and after he leaves Jacksonville he will never land a head coaching gig again. With that said, I don't see how any other head coach in the NFL could do better, considering the talent on the roster. Let me put it this way, if your team is boasting about their lone superstar, in MJD, and their great special teams unit you're in trouble. A new coach may squeeze another 1 or 2 games out of the Jaguars, but there's no escaping the lack of playmakers on the squad.

And I don't think Gabbert puts this team in the right direction either. With a new coach and maybe a new direction, Jacksonvill may have wasted that pick.

I bet nobody on here except Jags fans could name any receivers from the Jags except Mike Thomas with Googling it...

Back
Top Bottom