[h4]Best Makeup[/h4]'Barney's Version'
'The Way Back'
'The Wolfman'
[h4]Best Sound Editing[/h4]'Inception'
'Toy Story 3'
'TRON: Legacy'
'True Grit'
'Unstoppable'

Never understood these award shows.  The people that pick the nominees, also pick the winner.  Why not just save the suspense and tell us the winners without putting the losers in there too.

laugh.gif
Ridley Scott for Black Hawk Down.

Black Hawk Down???
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
@ Nolan getting snubbed again,I mean David O Russell and David Fincher > Nolan ?!?!?!

They must have it out for him just like when the Dark Knight got snubbed also in '08.
30t6p3b.gif

*Edit since the other categories are revealed: No Leonardo Dicaprio????? Not for Shutter Island OR Inception???
30t6p3b.gif
My mand had 2 of the best performances of the year and he gets snubbed.

Hell even Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Inception > Jeremy Renner in The Town. He's become mad overrated since the Hurt Locker.

@Mr718 the Oscars are worth money to careers. You get a lot of respect just for being a nominee.

Rolaholic wrote:
dicaprio????? Not for Shutter Island OR Inception???
30t6p3b.gif
My man had 2 of the best performances of the year and he gets snubbed.

Hell even Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Inception > Jeremy Renner in The Town. He's become mad overrated since the Hurt Locker.

Was about to add that.

These types of snubs don't really surprise me though. They gave Kevin Costner the best director award for Dances with Wolves over Martin Scorsese for GoodFellas.

Nolan getting snubbed is even trending on Twitter now 
laugh.gif

Even Ryan Gosling got snubbed. The Academy been having a hidden agenda for a long time now,they rarely ever give nominations for the best and most deserving performances
30t6p3b.gif

im a big dicaprio fan... but his performances this year were definitely not oscar worthy 
laugh.gif

..but
30t6p3b.gif
at chris nolan not getting a nom.

also no noms for Tron's soundtrack and visual effects??

There are always going to be snubs, but you have to say who they deserve to get nominated instead of.
The only name that I think you have a case with for actors is Eisenberg. Franco, Firth, Bridges were deserving, I haven't seen Bardem's film so I can't comment there, but I've read good things. Eisenberg wasn't a bad performance either, but more likely a result of the overwhelming support The Social Network received. I enjoyed Leo's performance, but I don't think it was one of the best of the year. I think a lot of people respect his greatness and ability, so even when it's just a good role, they think it's great. Inception was the star of that movie, the writing and visual direction, Leo did well, but wasn't the standout of that film.

Sure, Nolan should have been nominated for Inception, but what directors there aren't deserving of the nomination? All of them directed great films that have received substantial praise, so yes... there were other quality directors but that doesn't make the other less deserving.

I'm expecting Inception to win about 4-6 of these categories, The Social Network and The Fighter should take a couple home. Not enough love for The Town on here, SMH

HOW IS IT THAT A MOVIE THAT CAME OUT 2 WEEKS AGO GETS BEST PIC NOMS...AND MOVIES THAT BEEN OUT FOR 10MON GET NOOOO RECOGNITION?

Inception was my fav movie of the year.....

No Nolan
No Di Caprio

Oh Well movies are subjective...I thought Social Network was just alright....

When you don't have DiCaprio and Gosling nominated for Best Actor and Inception/Nolan nominated for their respective categories, you know something is wrong.

I hope Bale is a lock to win BSA, because if he doesn't win, it will be a travesty.

franco should get best actor..

haven't seen black swan, true grit or social network yet to truly judge film and director of the year (inception is up there)

i just hate that movies that do well commercial never get taken seriously for best picture

I loved, let me say it again, LOVED Inception, seen it over 6 times... but i don't know if Dicaprio deserves a damn Oscar for it... I feel like alot of people could have played his role in that film with ease... I don't think he gives a heart wretching, incredible monologue, method acting, tear jerking, dramatic, superb performance... Like Gordon-Levitt and Dicaprio could have switched roles and i think the movie would have worked... He didn't claim and totally own and show out in that role, the role or dialogue didn't demand him to. Based simply on what the role called for, there was no way he was getting a nod...
Now on the other hand, i thought the movie Inception itself was GREAT, and deserved recognition
-Sun

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ people thinking leo and nolan should be nominated, that is very very good company in the best actor category and even better in the best director. Leo wins in 2012 when he plays J. Edgar Hoover. Nolan, i dunno when he wins, TDK should've been his crown jewel, especially since he shoots with no 2nd unit

Originally Posted by bkmac

When you don't have DiCaprio and Gosling nominated for Best Actor and Inception/Nolan nominated for their respective categories, you know something is wrong.
But who do you take out? Like I mentioned before, snubs are easy to say.. but at the expense of others is where you run into trouble.
Inception got nominated for cinematography, visual effects, art direction, original score, best screenplay, best sound editing, AND BEST PICTURE. People are looking at just actor and director but not realizing it got nominated for the things it did exceptionally well, rather than what they just did well. Director is arguable for me, I think Nolan did what Nolan does, but other parts of the film carried it, same goes for Leo. His performance was good, but it wasn't extraordinary.

Gosling could have been nominated and deserved it, but short of Eisenberg and maybe Bardem since I haven't seen it, the others completely deserve to be there.

kingofny04 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif
 Inception should have got way more nominations.

It got nominated 8 times.  Same as The Social Network, and only The King's Speech and True Grit received more.

I'm not going out of my way to defend the Academy, because they've been painfully wrong in the past and will make a lot of more mistakes in the future, but people seem to be complaining about Inception, but I would bet a good portion haven't seen the others films listed. 

I'm just excited to see who wins Best Actress. It's a two way race with Michelle and Natalie.

Colin Firth + Christian Bale are LOCKS

Back
Top Bottom