2012-2013 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread. VOL: 17-23, last time I updated thread, they were 11-10...

Yes More Crowder, although this is tough injury and I hope he can recover in time. People really don't give Marion credit for the type of player he is and all he brings to the table.

Great rebounder, defense, steals - and can score around the rim. Hope he is back soon.

I've always had a soft spot for Marion, have been nothing but happy with him since he got here. No ego, no pissy attitude, just playing hard.

Bhz, if OJ has another good game Wednesday, you going to ease up on him? :lol: I know you lurk.

Last edited:
It will be interesting tonight. No Dirk, no Marion, no Beaubois (I'm expecting anyways), no Brand. Bigger minutes for Wright, Jae, and Kaman. 

I've always had a soft spot for Marion, have been nothing but happy with him since he got here. No ego, no pissy attitude, just playing hard.
Bhz, if OJ has another good game Wednesday, you going to ease up on him? :lol: I know you lurk.

Maybe :lol:

That'll be better than anything he did with us.

He will need to tonight, with Marion, Brand, and Dirk out.

DC, Kaman, and OJ need to be big on offense tonight.

I didn't get to see the game but I just seen OJ had another solid game.. 23 6 5 and the W

Can I get a breakdown of how the game went?? Bargnani looked like he was hustling for a change

I didn't get to see the game but I just seen OJ had another solid game.. 23 6 5 and the W
Can I get a breakdown of how the game went?? Bargnani looked like he was hustling for a change

Point in the paint and rebounds. Mavericks had become a little perimeter heavy for a few games, and in the first half there were only maybe 8 three point attempts, which is pretty low for this team. Kaman and Wright especially were really effective in the paint. I swear when Wright catches it deep enough, it's two points. He just jumps so damn high that he can just kind of pop it in there. It's similar to what Russ tries to do on his mid-range jumper, except Wright is a foot taller. :lol: .

Having Kaman is unreal though man. A Center like this putting up 22 points? When he's 30 years old? He takes a lot of FGA, and it's almost a black-hole when he gets it, but he can pass out if he sees another open guy. I'm in love with the guy. He isn't the best on defense, he's definitely no Tyson Chandler, but as long as he keeps up this offensive production, I don't really mind. The guy is shooting 70% in three games, gets to the hole a lot, drew quite a few fouls last night, and does exactly what was promised of him. Makes me kind of wish we had gotten him sooner. It will be a huge litmus test to see how he reacts when Dirk returns. I expect a lot of easy buckets for both him and OJ. Plus the other front-court player out there should have at least 8 points on easy buckets with all the attention drawn by Dirk posting up, OJ on the perimeter, Kaman in the paint, and DC driving.

The one thing I've been really shocked by is the lack of turnovers. In each game we've played, we've had 11, 16 (the game we lost VS Utah), 22 (an anomaly), 9, and 11 last night.

What does it come down to? The poise of OJ Mayo and more importantly Darren Collison. OJ has two turnovers for game, most of his are because defenses trap him and he's just not good at getting out of those situations yet. Darren Collison on the other hand only has 1.2 TPG, which is absurdly phenomenal for a PG. I expect his TPG to go up to maybe 2-2.5 by years end, but his passing and decision making has been wonderful. He's a low turnover PG to begin with. It's quite amazing, each year he's played more and more each game, but his turnovers have steadily gone down, from 2.7, 2.5, 1.9, and an early 1.2 this year.

DC and OJ are also both shooting the lights out; DC @ 56% and OJ just at 50%. As the year goes on, I expect DC to hover around 48-50%, while OJ closer to 45-46%.

Thus far I couldn't' be happier with their progress though. Both on completely new teams, learning new schemes and plays, but both doing fairly well. OJ struggled ike hell in the pre-season and the first couple games, but has been nothing short of awesome the past three. Not to mention he's 21/33 from downtown.

A big problem with this team recently is that there hasn't been enough guys willing to scrap out there for loose balls, for rebounds, cutting to the basket, but that just simply isn't the case right now.

Last night I was very impressed that we still stayed pretty damn dominant even though we didn't have our best offensive player, our back-up point, or are two best front-court defenders. That's a lot to have missing, but that just shows the depth of this team.

Looking forward, having an eight-to-ten man rotation of...

Darren, DoJo
OJ, Vince, Dahntay
Marion, Jae
Dirk, Brand, Murphy
Kaman, Wright

I don't know man, I really like it based on what I've seen early. I like having all this flexibility with Dirk not on the court. When we won the Finals, we didn't really have the option of not having Dirk on the floor. We could run the offense through JET or have JJ handle the rock, but we still needed Dirk out there. That just isn't the case right now. Brand, Wright, and Kaman are a God-send for saving Dirk's career right now. :lol: . There's plenty of minutes to spread around, and it will keep Dirk healthy.

It will take some time once Dirk gets back, but having Dirk out there with DC, OJ, and Kaman man... That's scary. :x

:smokin thanks

Dirk is probably salivating at how easy it's gonna be for him or at least make it easier for everyone else

Fast paced basketball & everyone on the team shooting ridiculous %'s... Much like the Knicks :lol:

Oddly enough the Knicks have really slowed the pace to a crawl.

Gonna be interesting to see which pace the game takes.

av35dv.jpg

2m6mjd1.jpg

tumblr_mcoitv85FB1qjh4la.gif

Knicks played a better game tonight, more specifically a better second half. Not to mention they were more physical

That's the issue with this team, has been for ages.

They always stay competitive for the first half, but always seem to struggle getting out of the gates in the second half.

We had our chances, we were cold from the perimeter in the second half.

OJ and Darren had a ton of bad turnovers, but it's something to learn from.

Just have to go beat up on the Bobcats tomorrow. :lol: :pimp:

Get Marion another week of rest, and hopefully have him ready for Thanksgiving week, play Melo and Kobe that week, we'll need him.

The next three shouldn't be games we should be losing. Gotta stay aggressive and come out better.

The one thing we need to improve on for next game is those turnovers on passes. Looked like the Old Mavericks tonight. Lazy passes, poor perimeter shooting. That won't get it done against the Knicks.

Greatest thing to look forward to tomorrow..

Bobcats have never beat the Mavericks.

Ever. :pimp: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom