2012-2013 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread. VOL: 17-23, last time I updated thread, they were 11-10...

the game vs Charlotte was some of the ugliest basketball I've seen in a long time.

Team really looked lost out there. Both team actually, but the fact that you let a garbage team like the bobcats beat you is inexcusable. Collison needs to be more aggressive with the ball, he seems so tentative at times. I understand you're a PG but don't be afraid to score.

We need Dirk back big time.

:smh: .. Something must be done about the defensive rebounding

Troy fricking Murphy..... :smh:

Son needs to be cut. Wright needs to play 30+ minutes as long as Dirk and Marion are out, either that or Brand needs to play more. I feel like he's not being played enough. I don't want Murphy playing more than 10 minutes a game.

Hopefully we get a strong performance tonight. As long as we stay ahead of the .500 curb, I'll be happy.

I'm really getting sick of this Troy Murphy crap man…

In 25 minutes, Troy Murphy grabbed 5 rebounds. In 27 minutes, Kaman grabbed 5 rebounds.

In 16 minutes, Brand grabbed 4 rebounds. In 20 minutes, Dahntay Jones grabbed four rebounds. In 10 minutes, Bernard James grabbed four rebounds.

I'm tired of Troy Murphy sitting out there not doing ****. There's no reason that Brand and Wright should be anywhere below 25 MPG, yet Rick continues to play Murphy with his sorry-*** sitting on the perimeter, and Brand/Wright just rotting on the bench.

The first Charlotte game he barely played, we won by 27. The next Charlotte game, he plays 30 minutes, and we lose in a stupid overtime loss.

Troy Murphy sucks man. Why let go of Curry, who did much better than Murphy ever will, and keep this idiot around.

Luke Ridnour out-rebounded every single Maverick. Can't have that. Brand/Wright need heavy minutes man. Screw Murphy.

I need to know what Brand did have his playing time cut.

Him AND Wright man. Both guys are better rebounders than Murphy, and better defenders than Murphy. I can understand wanting someone to stretch the floor, but hell Elton Brand can stand in the corner too.. :smh:

Carlisle very pleased with Troy Murphy

DALLAS -- Despite what looks like some puny numbers, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle has been very pleased with what he's gotten from forward Troy Murphy.

Murphy was acquired on Nov. 2 and brought it to stretch defenses with his perimeter shooting -- much like the way Dirk Nowitzki does.

In six games with the Mavs, Murphy is averaging 3.5 points and 5.2 rebounds in 19.2 minutes per game. He's also shooting just 28.6 percent from the field and 20 percent from three-point range.

"Murphy is one of our most active pick-and-roll defenders, and when he's in the game it opens up space on the floor,'' Carlisle said. "I think he’s getting to a point now where his legs are getting into
game condition and I like the way he’s stepping into shots.''

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-troy-murphy.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I don't get it. I really don't fricking get it. He sucks. He's poor on offense, decent on the boards, and poor defensively. Anyone younger than him kills him. I don't want to see him in a Mavericks uniform for another second. Brian ******g Cardinal was active on pick-and-roll defenses, and at least he took charges and HIT his shots. Troy just sucks.

Mavs may play Brand-Kaman more together

DALLAS -– Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle is thinking about changing his starting lineup, and also playing center Chris Kaman and power forward Elton Brand together more.

Brand and Kaman have rarely played together with the Mavs, but mainly started together with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2003-’08.

When the Clippers advanced to the playoffs in 2006, Brand averaged 24.7 points and 10 rebounds, and Kaman averaged 11.9 points and 9.6 rebounds. That distant memory was a topic of conversation Tuesday for Carlisle, who could benefit from the duo’s past with the Clippers.

“Brand and Kaman proved that they can play together over a six-year period with the Clippers,’’ Carlisle said. “That was one of the most successful runs in their history.

“Those guys can play together, but to this point we haven’t really done it much in the regular season.’’

Is Carlisle ready to give the Brand-Kaman combination a try?

“I guess my answer is at this point I’ll look at anything as long as there are five guys out there busting their (butts),’’ Carlisle said. “And if they aren’t, they won’t be out there.

“Right now that’s how we’re going to do business with this thing.’’

If Kaman starts Wednesday against Washington, that means Brandan Wright will be coming off the bench.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ore-together.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Good job Rick, play Brand more. No more of this sub-25 minutes crap. BOO.

Also, Brandan Wright. Why is Rick cutting his minutes?

First five games (4-1)..

1) @ LAL- 5/5, +4, 14 points, 5 boards, 3 blocks. A game we won. 19 minutes.
2) @ UTAH- 7/8, +1, 15 points, 3 boards, 2 blocks. A game we lost, not because of him. 25 minutes.
3) VS CHA- 5/8, +3, 10 points, 6 boards, 1 block. A game we won, by a lot. 23 minutes.
4) VS POR,- 5/7, +23, 10 points, 4 boards, 1 block. A game we won, highest +/- of anyone in the game. 25 minutes.
5) @ VS TOR- 5/9, 0, 12 points, 7 boards, 1 block. A game we won. 28 minutes.

Last three games (0-3).

1) @ NYK- -4, 4/7, 11 points, 4 boards, no blocks. A game we lost, but was close throughout. Best +/- of any starter. 18 minutes.
2) @ CHA- -6, 3/7, 8 points, 8 boards, no blocks. A game we lost, but again best +/- of any starter. 22 minutes.
3) VS DAl- -8, 1/3, 2 points, no boards, 1 block. A game we lost, but another common theme, the best +/- of any starter. 9 minutes.

Troy Muprhy has two positive games where he was better +/-, but that's deceptive because he still played poorly.

Lastly, Troy VS Wright, PER.

Brandan Wright's PER: 21.33
Troy Murphy's PER: 3.86.

Last edited:
And just because I'm on a stats-kick right now....

Here are FGA/FG% thus far.

OJ Mayo- 15 FGA, 47.5%.
Vince Carter- 11.9 FGA, 38.9%.
Darren Collison- 11.1 FGA, 50.6%.
Chris Kaman- 10.2 FGA, 60.7%.
Shawn Marion- 6.8 FGA, 51.9%.
Brandan Wright- 6.8 FGA, 64.8%
Elton Brand- 6.7 FGA, 36.2%.
Jae Crowder- 6.3 FGA, 44%.
Roddy Beaubois- 4.8 FGA, 37.5%.
Troy Muprhy- 4.7 FGA, 28.6%.

A few things. I hate that Vince is taking over 10 FGA a game. Those can be spread across the bigs (Kaman, Wright, and Brand). That's how you open up outside shots, by getting your bigs involved, and our bigs are more than competent enough on offense. Brand has a low FG%, but that will bounce up, because I've watched the game and am confident enough in the guy to know that he's taking quality shots, he just hasn't gotten into a good rhythm yet.

Vince's FG% may seem deceiving when he's shooting 36% from deep, until you realize that there are four guys that are shooting better from the perimeter than him. OJ shoots 60%, Darren shoots 44%, Marion shoots 50%, and Jae is 39%. That also means that his 2P-FG's are about the same as his 3 pointers, which is horrendous.

Looking at the PER36 numbers in terms of rebounding, I understand that Murphy is one of the better rebounders, but those numbers are swayed by who's playing valuable minutes.

I don't know man, better quality shots, and better rebounding. That's what got us to 4-1.

These turnovers are really what's killing us.

@ LAL- 11, -6 rebounding.. Win.
@ UTAH- 16, -21 rebounding. Loss.
VS CHA- 22, +5 rebounding. Win (Anomaly).
VS POR- 9, -11 rebounding. Win.
VS TOR- 11, +9 rebounding. Win.
@ NYK- 20, +7 rebounding. Loss.
@ CHA- 19, -10 rebounding. Loss.
VS MIN- 8, -14 rebounding. Loss.

What really hurts also is not having Shawn Marion, our single best defender, and probably our best rebounder too.

Last edited:
Didn't see the game but I see a W and 25 for my dude.

Can I get a recap?? :nerd:

In the first half, the bigs really got involved. Kaman was rolling. OJ was rolling and wasn't chucking a bunch of threes, and we cleaned up the boards pretty well. Our bench played pretty well, and even the ****bag Troy Murphy had a pretty decent game. A lot of it was on fast-break and points in the paint, which is something we were sorely missing recently. Jae Crowder was a HUGE spark off the bench. Pesky defense, running out, not settling for outside jumpers.

We let up the lead because we became a perimeter team and didn't keep attacking the paint with our bigs. Wince continued to chuck, and they got hot. Both Kaman and Brand had excellent games tonight. Brand's 4/10 looks a lot worse than it was, because he got 8 offensive boards.

Good looking..

Don't understand why Carlisle allows Vince to feel he has so much freedom :x.

Until Dirk comes back the options should be 1. Juice 2. Kaman 3. DC

I have no tolerance for his crap. He's shooting under 40% from everywhere on the floor. He did have a really good offensive board late that sealed the game, but still. That's the one aspect he's been pretty good at. But still, him taking over 10 FGA a game is far too many.

Those are all shots OJ could be taking.. :lol:

url="/t/507195/official-nba-2012-2013-season-thread-11-15-tnt-bos-bk-mia-den/8760#post_16605458"]

I love how easy it is to post videos on this new site. :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm convinced.

These idiots think there's only one half of basketball to be played.

Seriously. I think in all but one game we lost, we were either tied or very close in the first half.

I didnt get to watch because I took my girl to work, but looks like I didn't miss anything.

At least Marion is back and we didn lose rebounds too bad.

So ain't this some crap.. :lol:

1st loss of the season, at halftime, we were up 8 to the Jazz on the road. We end up losing by 19. A 27 point turn-around in the second half.

2nd loss of the season, at halftime, we were up 2 to the Knicks on the road. We end up losing by 10. A 12 point turn-around in the second half.

3rd loss of the season, at halftime, we were up 11 to the ******g Bobcats on the road. We end up losing by 4 in overtime, a 15 point turn-around in the second half.

4th loss of the season, we were down 6 to the Timberwolves at home. We end up losing by 8 to a depleted Timberwolves team.

5th loss of the season, we were up 1 to the Pacers on the road. We end up losing by 20. A 21 point turn-around in the second half.

I don't care that we don't have Dirk. We are proving that we can play in these games. We played the Knicks very well for two quarters. We were clearly outplaying the Jazz. We were destroying the Bobcats. It just doesn't make sense.

If it's just a case of we need Dirk, maybe that's it, but it's getting sickening.

Our defense and rebounding needs to continue to improve right now man.

Second half defense has been trashy.

58 points allowed against the Jazz on the road. 49 points allowed against the Knicks on the road. 47 points allowed against the Bobcats on the road, another 10 in overtime. 45 points allowed against the Wolves at home. 55 points allowed against the Pacers on the road.

Maybe it's our offense, maybe I'm just venting, but regardless our second half performances has been pisspoor.

Back
Top Bottom