Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver Broncos

• Kansas City Chiefs

• San Diego Chargers

• Total voters
Man, that swoosh looks extremely good on NFL jerseys. I need me one of those Nike Jamaal Charles jerseys.

What do you guys think?

The Raiders didn't change anything I don't even think they use the new material.

Last edited:
Well you havent seen the Raider jersey changes in action yet because they're first pre-season game is tomorrow. :lol:

Last edited:
nice bay support but its def between Raiders and Broncos

Not gonna get far from what i saw in preseason Defense **** needs to pick up idc what time of year it is

As a broncos fan I am extremely excitied to see Peyton this year. But our Defense still concerns me! The offense looks like it will be ready come week 1. But the Defense I just dont know. Peyton will get us into the playoffs, but for us to make a run the defense will have to step up. But this will be a great season. My Von Miller jersey is on the way!!!

I'm sure others would disagree but the West is one of the most intriguing divisions in the NFL this year, all bias aside.  The entire division is shaping up to be highly competitive with each team having a legitimate chance of winning the division crown.

Even with my guys getting Manning under center, there is no clear cut favorite.

The Broncos are (still) under a microscope because of their quarterback, although now the focus is on his neck instead of his arm.  The defense played well down the stretch last year but that was against mediocre-to-downright bad quarterbacks.  It will be interesting to see if they can repeat that success with a re-tooled defensive line and JDR running the defense.  I think Derek Wolfe will make a name for himself by mid-season although not to the extent that Von did, offensive lines will have to account for him when he's on the field once he begins to kick inside on a regular basis.

I'm actually more concerned with the offense.  I'm not convinced Bey Bey can stay healthy for 16 games.  How effective will they be out of the slot with Stokley/Caldwell?  Many think Tamme will be Manning's go-to target early but Fox has stated he wants to establish a strong running presence and he doesn't block well which leads me to believe the more balanced/well-rounded Dreessen will take away snaps unless they split one of them out.  Definitely a lot of question marks.

Kansas City scares me the most since they are returning big, game changing pieces in Charles, Moeaki, and Berry but Oakland and San Diego most certainly have the talent and potential to take the West.  This will be an exciting season.

Can't wait to start division play in Week 4.
pimp.gif

EDIT:  Just found out Kuper will miss 6 weeks with a broken forearm.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Chargers

Broncos
Chiefs

Raiders

Ok....I am biased.  Thats how I want it to end up.  How it will end up is basically some combination of the top 3, with the Raiders at the bottom.

My attempt to be unbiased on the West:

DENVER
Peyton is Peyton, but all eyes are gonna be on his neck. He hasn't played for a year, so the physical aspects will be rusty. Also, weather it was the neck or just his age, there's no denying that Peyton started to decline his last years in Indy. But even in decline, he's always gonna be one of the best based on pure intellect and reading of the defense alone. He makes Denver a better team on offense. The team at wideout is talented, but D. Thomas only started doin it at the end of last year, and needs to carry it through to this season be great. E. Decker is gonna explode this year, guy is real good, and is a much better fit with Manning than Thomas. Mcgahee is old, and will decline from last year, and much of his production came from Tebow's mis-direction and threat to run. He is a terrible fit with Manning too because Manning needs a guy out of the backfield who can catch. McGahee can not. The O-line is alright. The OT's are okay, letting up 17 sacks last year between em. And Denver led the L in sacks allowed last year, but a LOT of that was Tebow being stupid. Peyton doesn't get sacked nearly that often.

The defense is what really is gonna get this team into the playoffs or out of em. Denver lost their D. Coord from last year to Oak, but brought in JDR who is a solid replacement. Let's not be fooled by their performance last year. They played good D against terrible offenses. In a lot of those games, teams easily marched down the field at will on Denver, but then Denver would come up with an incredibly timely turnover of some sort or the other team would miss a field goal, etc. Some of the endings were nothing short of miraculous. The D has to step up and not count on miracles anymore. The talent is there, Doom, Miller, and Williams are a great trio, but there are some replacement level players in there that need to be accounted for: J. Bannan, J. Hunter, Joe Mays. Let's see if Champ ages this year too, or if he plays great again. In my opinion, if Champ stays healthy and doesn't age badly, Denver's secondary is one of the deepest in the league. Porter, Harris, Florence, and Bolden are a solid 2-5 CBs. With all the pass rushers and DBs and solid safeties on the team, the real challenge for Denver will be to stop the run. Williams and Doom and notoriously not very good when run at, V. Miller was subbed out against the run last year at times, and relying on Bannan and an aging Ty Warren to anchor the line isn't gonna get you much. Denver was in the bottom half of the league against the run, and they will get run at again this year. Maybe JDR has a plan to stop it.

I'll do the rest of the teams later.

Chargers
Broncos

Chiefs
Raiders

Ok....I am biased.  Thats how I want it to end up.  How it will end up is basically some combination of the top 3, with the Raiders at the bottom.

Honestly, however you mix and match could be very well be argued to be right. Anyone truly can win this division.

Hot damn, I'm the only Chiefs fan in here!
I say the Chiefs take the division with a 9-7 record. Charles, Moeaki, and Berry are all coming back. All three are key on their respective sides of the ball. The addition of Hillis will be great. That running game will carry the Chiefs in a handful of games. This new lightning and thunder combo will have defenses worrying. Cassel is average at best. But even an average QB will perform well in this offense. Expect 2010 Cassel numbers because of the ease he will have throwing in the play action. The O-line is always something to worry about. Lol.
It hurt to see Brandon Carr go, it reallly did. I thought the Chiefs would keep Carr and have the Flowers/Carr combo for a long time. I'm just hoping Routt can repeat what he did last year in Oakland. It is really satisfying to know how good the Chiefs defense already is, even though they are a very young squad.This will be the year the Chiefs figure out whether or not to replace Dorsey and/or Jackson.
i'm here man so we 2 deep now ahah

i think that any team could take the division but i honestly see us taking it. with a 4th place schedule and the ACL crew returning plus the addition of peyton hillis to our run game i think we should be able to pull off 9 to 11 wins and win the division. if matt cassel can avoid playin like absolute **** then we could prolly do that. the afc west is the most competitive division in the nfl though. not the most best, but definitely the most evenly matched.

i'm here man so we 2 deep now ahah

i think that any team could take the division but i honestly see us taking it. with a 4th place schedule and the ACL crew returning plus the addition of peyton hillis to our run game i think we should be able to pull off 9 to 11 wins and win the division. if matt cassel can avoid playin like absolute **** then we could prolly do that. the afc west is the most competitive division in the nfl though. not the most best, but definitely the most evenly matched.

Awesome, another Chiefs fan! Hopefully more come out the wood-works when the season starts (or when the Chiefs take a strangle-hold on the division :lol:)

Cassel needs to stop thinking he is Brett Favre with the whole gunslinger mentality. He just isn't there skill-wise. He works hard on his technique but he just doesn't have it. He should feast of play actions though. Deja vu 2010 season :smokin.

Add not the most entertaining to the list. But I definitely agree.

Ill be starting another official chargers thread tomorrow before the cowboys game. Our last one made it to 10+ pages (on yuku :lol: ) lets hope we can do better. Im excited as to how competitive the division has been looking before the first game of the season.

So Richard Seymour said that he wants to see our defense become top five in the league...

Y'ALL READY?! :lol:

Sucks to be a Chargers fan. Still looking forward to this season.

My prediction...
Broncos (10-6) Division winner
Chargers (10-6) AFC Wildcard
Raiders (8-8)
Chiefs (4-12)

I cant wait for the regular season to start. I'm ready for the heart brake.

Sucks to be a Chargers fan. Still looking forward to this season.
My prediction...
Broncos (10-6) Division winner
Chargers (10-6) AFC Wildcard
Raiders (8-8)
Chiefs (4-12)
I cant wait for the regular season to start. I'm ready for the heart brake.

One facial expression sums up my initial reaction......:x

No way the Chiefs are going 4-12, not unless everyone gets injured for them again.

Exactly this! Only if this happened.

Then again, I'm presently watching the Rams/Chiefs game, and the Rams just scored a TD on their first drive in four plays. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. Chiefs still aren't going 4-12.

From what I've read on twitter Peyton still can't throw the deep ball well.

Last edited:
Charger fan checking in. Not gonna make any assumptions or predictions. Just want this season to start already.

- AFCW is gonna be crazy with #18 in Denver and Charles back in KC. :rolleyes

- I'm also curious to see how the O-line holds up and if Rivers can get protection this year.

- I hope that Vincent Brown's injury isn't too bad... :\

- Mathews... srsly?

- Melvin Ingram: ROBB tonite :pimp:

on a side note, if any of you SD/KC fans are in here... My cousins/I are gonna hit up the Thursday Night game on November 1. Forgot what section it is, but it's one row back of the Chiefs bench.

Get at me!

From what I've read on twitter Peyton still can't throw the deep ball well.

I seen the same thing, and it looks like its true given what we've seen in the preseason so far. If that's the case then that makes Peyton a much simpler problem to take on.

San Diego is in trouble with Brown out. They can't afford another slow start to their season, no other team in this division is weak enough to give them the chance to come back. And apparently Rivers is still struggling out there? :x

Feels good to be in here. Raider fan, but I can honestly say this division will be up for grabs again. No clear cut winner, all 4 teams in play.

I'm not sure how many divisions in the NFL can actually say all 4 teams have a legitimate opportunity to win it.

Back
Top Bottom