Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver Broncos

• Kansas City Chiefs

• San Diego Chargers

• Total voters
Gotta stand up for my Chiefs up in here. Excited to see Stevie, Jon and D-Bowe. Throw in Tony, Boss, a healthy Charles and Hillis I'm really liking how this offense is shaping up. Of course that is all dependent on Cassel but if his preseason play is any indication of what the regular season is going to be I think we will be okay.

Biggest question is corner for me. If Flowers isn't healthy we are looking poor opposite of Rout. Hurts losing Tamba for the first game and Lewis for maybe for the season.

AUG 22
8:00
AM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

It appears that one of the biggest challenges for Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning as he comes back from a serious neck injury is throwing to his right.

ESPN guru John Clayton pointed it out to me this summer. While he thought Manning was his usual self throwing to his left, he had issues throwing to the opposite side. After two preseason games Clayton explained to me that he thinks Manning has improved in the area but that he still has problems when the passes are more than 10 yards. He believes Manning will continue to improve, and more importantly, will have overall success.

I talked to Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. and he said he too has noticed that Manning seems more comfortable throwing to his left. I asked if he thinks opposing defenses can close up that side of the field and force Manning to throw to his right on a regular basis during the season.

Williamson said it could be an issue for Denver, but because Manning’s game is predicated on adjustments and on the mental side of the game, he will work through the issues.

“If anyone can do what is needed to get away with throwing with field limitations, it is No. 18,” Williamson said.

Manning has been upfront this summer that he is a work in progress and that he is not 100 percent. His imperfections throwing to his right is an example of the challenges he faces as he embarks on this comeback.

Interesting

If Peyton is going to struggle with one side of the field all season (or even just part of the season) I think that the Broncos are in huge trouble. Defenses press his good throwing side, force him to make opposite throws throughout the game, reap the rewards.

The Chiefs have looked atrocious these last two pre-season games.

How the hell did they start off their first few drives with 3-and-outs in yesterdays Seahawks game. Hillis as the RB for the first drive was a head-scratcher.

That defense is looking unbelievably soft. Jaleel brown is looking like he belongs here in the CFL. Boy do we need a healthy Flowers back. Berry looked like he was really hurt after being on the receiving end of that major block. The Seahawks player hit his helmet right into Berry's right knee. Right after that major block, Berry get's burnt for a long TD pass.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Taking any and all bets about the Broncos taking the division. (only money bets will be accepted with other NT references)

Looks like the broncs got the afc west locked up! I can't believe the colts released manning!!

Looks like the broncs got the afc west locked up! I can't believe the colts released manning!!

Don't you just love 1-game analysis?

I admit, Manning looked like the same old Manning... but let's discuss this midway through the season when they've played a few more games.

I'm still between the Chargers and the Broncos for the division. Would give the Chiefs an outside chance if not for Matt Cassel.

I'm still between the Chargers and the Broncos for the division. Would give the Chiefs an outside chance if not for Matt Cassel.

Chiefs have the talent, but they also have Matt Cassel. haha

Chargers have a good shot I think...their defense looks a lot better but they need to tune up their offense a lot.

Chiefs have the talent, but they also have Matt Cassel. haha
Chargers have a good shot I think...their defense looks a lot better but they need to tune up their offense a lot.
Ryan Matthews' return should bolster the offensive attack. Brinkley will contribute. Takes time for Rivers to become acclimated with Meach and Royal. Losing V-Jax was a significant loss, but the right decision IMO.

love how everyone is counting us out :lol: not like everyone was giving us a chance before the season started but still

Last edited:

I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe that's better than drafting Luck. You're probably a Chiefs fan so I'm not really surprised.

I've got KC over Buffalo, Oakland over Miami, SD over Tennessee (minor potential for a Titans upset), and Denver over Atlanta in a nail-biter. I see Peyton leading a game-winning drive late in the fourth at the Georgia Dome.

I've got KC over Buffalo, Oakland over Miami, SD over Tennessee (minor potential for a Titans upset), and Denver over Atlanta in a nail-biter. I see Peyton leading a game-winning drive late in the fourth at the Georgia Dome.

I'm hoping KC gets over on Buffalo, I've got Jamaal and Dexter starting (should have put Cedric Benson over Dexter SMH). That Denver one is going to be tricky, but I think you're right that Peyton is fully capable of a late drive.

I hope Buffalo, Tennessee and Atlanta win.

:lol: of course...

- I think KC rebounds vs. Buffalo... they're slated to get Brandon Flowers back this weekend, I believe.

- Oakland's defense is gonna overwhelm and swarm Tannehill. That'll be fun for him. :lol:

- I'm expecting a shootout on MNF and I think Manning's gonna have a field day back in a dome.

- I hope we take care of Tennessee. CJ(2k) hasn't been himself and i hope he doesn't get kick-started vs. our defense (could be very likely) :lol: :smh:

I have a feeling the MNF match-up will be a great game to watch start to finish. Potential fireworks and points in bunches. Turf at Georgia Dome could play fast.

Brandon Flowers is my dude, glad he was finally able to go through a full practice for the first time in over a month.

Back
Top Bottom