roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Just finished one draft this morning. I'm liking my squad a lot. Got another one tonight, but its offline. 
First squad. Thoughts or comments?

w7irud.jpg
Pretty good team but you definitely have some flaws. You'll probably lose turnovers every week, no reliable 3PM guys outside of Williams and Gordon if he bounces back this year, and no one in the top 30 in RPG. Blocks might also be a problem as all of your PFs aren't reliable there. Points, FT% and steals are very strong and you should win those almost every week.

I'd try to package maybe Beasley and West for a big man that can get you more rebounds and blocks per game and a guy that can get you more threes. Maybe a big man like Tim Duncan or Elton Brand and a shooter like Turkoglu or Gary Neal.

the team is very solid. i think brook will bounce back this year and have a great season (8+ reb/game) so you don't necessarily need another big. iggy and dwade will supply a lot of rebounds for you as well. but i wouldn't trade for turk, neal, or duncan (SA players will be very limited this season). how many people are in your league? also can i get a list of who's in your FA? if i were you i'd look for more solid contributor's to replace gordon and crawford
Thanks for the input guys. Rebs are a concern and so are blocks. I can find 3s on the wire so that shouldn't be too hard to fill up. I want to trade David and Blatche as a package for someone but I'm not sure who to target just yet. 

Drafted in my 3rd league last night:
Deron, rondo, holiday, felton
Wes matthews, s.jax, marcus thornton
Durant, gallinari
Amare, bosh
Ibaka, mcgee, jordan

Trying to trade deron and jrue for cp3 and felton and s.jax for kevin martin

Originally Posted by RFX45

Not very confident in my team, feel like I should just ignore assists.
Was going to drop Daye but who do you think I can trade for one of those guards?
HYs2G.png
if you're going to punt assists all-together i would trade westbrook for guys like lowry, collison, jason terry, jamal crawford, and pick up lou williams. they are all pg eligible and provide pg stats other than assists
Don't really want to give up Westbrook, his my first pick.
Is Bayless a better choice, drop Daye and pick him up? Looks like he'll split minutes with Calderon.

yeah thats not a bad pickup

Originally Posted by wohcttank

Durant, gallinari
Amare, bosh
Ibaka, mcgee, jordan

wow that is a great team, if you can get either gordon or kmart at your sg you will be hard to beat. i wouldnt trade dwill AND jrue for cp3 though, thats just too much. also i might bring in another big man becaue mcgee and jordan are too raw and they might give you 5 pts 5 reb nights due to foul troubles

Durant, gallinari
Amare, bosh
Ibaka, mcgee, jordan

wow that is a great team, if you can get either gordon or kmart at your sg you will be hard to beat. i wouldnt trade dwill AND jrue for cp3 though, thats just too much. also i might bring in another big man becaue mcgee and jordan are too raw and they might give you 5 pts 5 reb nights due to foul troubles
how many team in that league?  How did you get KD, D will, and Amare 
laugh.gif
?  Would trading Monta and Derrick Williams or Monta and Affallo be too much for Lebron? I could then get Humphries or salmons off the wire. 

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Durant, gallinari
Amare, bosh
Ibaka, mcgee, jordan

how many team in that league?  How did you get KD, D will, and Amare 
laugh.gif
?  Would trading Monta and Derrick Williams or Monta and Affallo be too much for Lebron? I could then get Humphries or salmons off the wire. 

not at all. if i could give monta and either of them for lebron i'd do it immediately. lebron is lebron, he will never be any lower than top 5

Thanks man.  diew its james your team is really deep.  I think I need to scrap Diaw and trade for Batum; trade Dorell for Manu (inj risk though).  you got me a little concerned, pointing out my team doesn't compliment cp3 as well as it could.  Don't know about Nene either.  Im waiting for waivers to clear so I can get Derrick WIlliams  

2retnk5.jpg

^who is in your FA? i'd try to trade for kmart or gordon, i wouldn't trust any spurs players this year cause they want to be fresh for the playoffs. i like diaw this year because charlotte is running diaw/thomas/bismack in the 4 and 5 so they will all probably get decent numbers. i would hold onto nene until the season starts since he is playing the PF this season and might actually be better offensively. his defensive numbers are always good (1stl/1blk) so you can always trade him if his value goes up throughout the season and sell high

FA List 
6odapg.png

Salmons is on there too.  Just offered Dorell Wright (5th round pick; couldn't pass on em in this round) for K Martin.  Don't think I'll be able to get Eric Gordon in a trade.  Maybe offer D Wright for Granger?

are guys down for another NT league I'll make one to draft sometime this week at night.
yahoo lg (espn blows)

id pick up dj, allen, thomas asap. if you see paul george/jeff teague producing as starters i'd take them too. definitely drop afflalo and cj miles for now, they can be re picked up. package nene, okafor, tyreke for guys like jrue holiday, kmart, granger, or brook lopez

Tyrus and DJ aren't even starting though. are you sure? I'm aiming for Derrick Williams and dropping CJ; dropping Affalo for Tony Allen.  Nene for Brook a good fit for my team?

tyrus is starting at PF and diaw is starting at center to start the season, im thinking tyrus will have a break out season. dj im not sure but as of now he is projected to start. you can hold off on dj i guess since jose and dj are in the FA

even if tyrus thomas doesn't start he still gives you good fg, good ft(78% for a big), reb, points, 1+ blocks, and almost a steal. if he doesn't produce then just throw him away, not losing much anyway with such a big FA pool
laugh.gif

Ok, just looking to get ya opinion. Ive kinda already made up my mind but.........

I Give
Deron
Manu
Bynum

I Get
Bron
Bosh
Calderon
Edit:  Heres my squad just so you can see for reference. 

2mcss43.jpg

I mean I kinda have to do it. Dont I?

^accept instantly. manu is going to be limited, bynum suspended first 5 game, deron...well he's pretty good... but lebron/calderon will make up the assists

also you probably should try to get better players than iman and farried since they aren't starting

Yea Shump was more of a homer pick up. Plus I feel like hes gonna start eventually unless Landry can stay consistent. 
Faried I thought was starting since they have no Kmart for PF right now. But someone just dropped Carl Landry. 

So im def lookin at him once he clears waivers since im not gonna use my #1 waiver position on him before the season even starts.

Edit: 
laugh.gif
 Damn PatentBoy F'ed up the whole page. 

Yea that makes sense. Thought I read Mosgov wasnt looking as good as they wanted. But yea ill prolly drop him for Carl once he clears.
Im sure I will have a chance to pick Faried back up later on if he starts looking like hes gonna get good minutes.

NT League #2 (yahoo)

LEAGUE ID - 113092

Password - niketalk

10 teams

Draft Date - December 22nd, 2011 - 10:30pm EST

If you join be there for the draft, please do not sign up and drop out, serious players only.

^Joined. That'll be my last league.
It's hard to take any Magic players besides Dwight, they all seem to be inconsistent especially Turkoglu (even though he's my dude).

But i guess in a deep league you gotta take what you gotta take.

If Ryan Anderson starts he would be very nice statistically. 

if you're going to punt assists all-together i would trade westbrook for guys like lowry, collison, jason terry, jamal crawford, and pick up lou williams. they are all pg eligible and provide pg stats other than assists
Don't really want to give up Westbrook, his my first pick.
Is Bayless a better choice, drop Daye and pick him up? Looks like he'll split minutes with Calderon.
yeah thats not a bad pickup

I'll probably go with it. Quick question though, if I pick him up and drop Daye, do I lose my waiver spot? I got the #1 waiver spot right now since I had the last pick from the draft but I am not sure if I am wasting that #1 waiver in this pick-up. Or if no one else is interested my waiver priority stays the same?

Back
Top Bottom