2012 Lexus LFA vs. 2012 Nissan GT-R Vol. 1320

LFA is wack. I don't care how fast it is. Car is straight geek status and I hate everything about it

I'll admit I'm kind of a geek then, because this is awesome to me:

And that sound...
eek.gif

317k50k.jpg

Fellow geek:

LFA is wack. I don't care how fast it is. Car is straight geek status and I hate everything about it

I'll admit I'm kind of a geek then, because this is awesome to me:

And that sound...
eek.gif

317k50k.jpg

Fellow geek:

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

and you think this collector of super cars is gonna take this overpriced japanese toyota serious when it can't beat something so many monies cheaper?

I mean look at the folks who cop Bentleys.... I could cop a 7-series or an S-class and be just as comfortable in it....like others and myself have said....its all about exclusivity fam'
bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.
The Lexus LFA is made of %65 Carbon Fiber (composites), now that is some of the finest "materials" on earth. So fine that most of the 5th generation low observable (stealth)  fighter jets  (F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning, Russian PAK-FA T-50) are using it increasingly. The latest and greatest vehicles whether it be ground or air, and even the newest warships are using it increasingly.

And like the Bentley the LFA is handbuilt. Not mass produced on an assembly line.

No offense, but I can understand your focus on value, but you are looking at it from the perspective of a dude with a small apartment (
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I couldn't resist) in "Da Heightz". But a dude that is stupid rich, not even pro athlete rich, but oil magnate status, will tend to look past the everyman "supercar" like the GTR and go for the LFA's of the world.

Speed is secondary to exclusivity when speaking of the extremely well off. And it's not even like the LFA is slow. Since when is 202 MPH slow? Please explain that to me.

Why is this even a discussion.

Sidenote: Give me a Porsche GT2 over a GTR anyday of the week. Besides Interstate 40 in Arizona and New Mexico, and a few other places where can you sustain such high speeds anyway...besides a racetrack???

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

and you think this collector of super cars is gonna take this overpriced japanese toyota serious when it can't beat something so many monies cheaper?

I mean look at the folks who cop Bentleys.... I could cop a 7-series or an S-class and be just as comfortable in it....like others and myself have said....its all about exclusivity fam'
bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.
The Lexus LFA is made of %65 Carbon Fiber (composites), now that is some of the finest "materials" on earth. So fine that most of the 5th generation low observable (stealth)  fighter jets  (F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning, Russian PAK-FA T-50) are using it increasingly. The latest and greatest vehicles whether it be ground or air, and even the newest warships are using it increasingly.

And like the Bentley the LFA is handbuilt. Not mass produced on an assembly line.

No offense, but I can understand your focus on value, but you are looking at it from the perspective of a dude with a small apartment (
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I couldn't resist) in "Da Heightz". But a dude that is stupid rich, not even pro athlete rich, but oil magnate status, will tend to look past the everyman "supercar" like the GTR and go for the LFA's of the world.

Speed is secondary to exclusivity when speaking of the extremely well off. And it's not even like the LFA is slow. Since when is 202 MPH slow? Please explain that to me.

Why is this even a discussion.

Sidenote: Give me a Porsche GT2 over a GTR anyday of the week. Besides Interstate 40 in Arizona and New Mexico, and a few other places where can you sustain such high speeds anyway...besides a racetrack???

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

How anyone would choose a mass produced car over 1/299 is beyond me.

its called: buying what you like..
yea, sounds crazy right?
ZING!
With all the facts a stats posted.... Now you wanna change your argument and go the "conservative/opinionated" route...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

How anyone would choose a mass produced car over 1/299 is beyond me.

its called: buying what you like..
yea, sounds crazy right?
ZING!
With all the facts a stats posted.... Now you wanna change your argument and go the "conservative/opinionated" route...
laugh.gif

GTR production numbers: 12,000 per year. 12,000 = Somewhat limited, but a dude with a decent combined income, trust fund kids, or a dude skimming funds from a 501c business can attain one.

LFA's production numbers: Less than 300 per year. = Somewhat rare. Sheiks, dudes from the UAE, that super rich guy that made a multi-million dollar fortune from his bathroom soap dispenser business.

motivator7ab33b41c5ab295464c6b2a3c96cd74acccd3961.jpg

GTR production numbers: 12,000 per year. 12,000 = Somewhat limited, but a dude with a decent combined income, trust fund kids, or a dude skimming funds from a 501c business can attain one.

LFA's production numbers: Less than 300 per year. = Somewhat rare. Sheiks, dudes from the UAE, that super rich guy that made a multi-million dollar fortune from his bathroom soap dispenser business.

motivator7ab33b41c5ab295464c6b2a3c96cd74acccd3961.jpg

exclusivity is SOOOO overated to me..i mean da damn thing can't beat a car pennies to da dollar cheaper, and its way too

designed for it to lose like that, but because its not over produced like that its "better"?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

exclusivity is SOOOO overated to me..i mean da damn thing can't beat a car pennies to da dollar cheaper, and its way too

designed for it to lose like that, but because its not over produced like that its "better"?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Theres at least 4 GT-Rs here at my school, and I see at least one of em daily - this is strictly on campus. Theyre a dime a dozen down here. Great car, but if I had the money for either, LF-A without question. Funny how people complain about 400k for a "lexus" is ridiculous (even though its a limited car that Lexus is losing money on) when a couple years back people were laughing at the thought of 80 for a Nissan. Different rungs on the ladder.

Back
Top Bottom