2012 New York Jets Off-season thread Vol. LDT reacts to Sanchez/Holmes.. Jets @ Rams in London?

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i reserve judgement on the sanchez extension until i see his performance next season.

i had no problem going into 2012 with him as the starter and developing him while fixing flaws that would give problems to almost any 3rd year qb but why give him an extension right now, i just don't get that.  there has to be some type of reasoning behind the scenes though,  i figured peyton wasn't trying to go to the jets but i'm really curious to the reasoning behind extending him.

i hope and feel he's due for a bounce back season and working with chad pennington to get a feel for tony sporanos offense is a good look on his part.
I cosign this, Pat.. I mean truth is, Sanchez can only get better.. Or I hope at least.. gotta see what moves we make this offseason, as well as how the team plays next year to really determine if this was a major L or not.
ohwell.gif

this deal is more to clean up cap space, remember that when we sign a freeney or mario williams
laugh.gif

sanchez is good, look at the stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/pl.../_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

every year he's gotten better with the exception of the picks . kid can play, ny is tough , takes alot to make it here. i can remember giant fans ready to give up on eli , only got 2 rings now .

patience_grasshopper.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
I was literally flabbergasted when I saw the news. I just don't understand it. Did Peyton let them know something ahead of time? All yall saying Sanchez is good but he is not good enough.

laugh.gif
I never thought of it that way with the Yanks.

I need more time than a couple days for my heart to accept this.
ohwell.gif

I'll be fine by training camp, I guess.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i had no problem going into 2012 with him as the starter and developing him while fixing flaws that would give problems to almost any 3rd year qb but why give him an extension right now, i just don't get that. 

i hope and feel he's due for a bounce back season and working with chad pennington to get a feel for tony sporanos offense is a good look on his part.
The extension helps the Jets more than it does Sanchez. Now his guaranteed money is spread across more years. With his reduction in base salary this year the Jets free'd up about $6.5M in cap space. Tannenbaum is smart. The Jets were limited on cap space and he's just been renegotiating with everybody who's locked in to free space to fix the Jets problems.
Read more here.
laugh.gif
i knew there had to be an ulterior motive behind the sanchez extension that benifited the jets salary cap wise.  now hopefully they can make the most outta that salary cap and bounce back strong in 2012.

im one of the bigger sanchez supporters, i'd be all for him having a good 2012 season and earning an extension but no way in hell did he deserve an extension unless it was to the benifit of the jets.

this year we'll see if it was schotty hindering sanchez's development or if he just doesn't have it.

i really hope he gets it together though, i got respect for him for taking the initative to work with pennington on his own time during the offseason and doing those jets west camps the past 2 offseasons, it just sucks the results haven't shown yet.  he hasn't met expectations but he's not the jamarcus russell type where you know they don't care about improving or winning as long as they get paid.

Originally Posted by onewearz

this deal is more to clean up cap space, remember that when we sign a freeney or mario williams
laugh.gif

sanchez is good, look at the stats

http://espn.go.com/nfl/pl.../_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

every year he's gotten better with the exception of the picks . kid can play, ny is tough , takes alot to make it here. i can remember giant fans ready to give up on eli , only got 2 rings now .

patience_grasshopper.jpg
the new york market is way too fickle and way too much of a "what have you done for me lately" mindset for better or worse.

if the jets start 3-1 and sanchez plays decent and the giants start 1-3, sanchez's 2011 season will be forgotten and eli and the giants will be getting slammed and neither extreme is justified. i wouldn't get too hyped off the jets from a 3-1 start nor would i doubt the giants too much after a 1-3 start. i understand it comes with the territory though.

when eli said he's a top 5 qb last summer everyone laughed, hell people were doubting him after the ******** loss in december,  a few weeks later everyones slurping him and labeling him elite when those same people were doubting him before. i'll give eli his respect and due credit but it took him a while to get there and he barely started being labeled an elite like qb recently.

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on extending Sanchez. Although he may have struggled at times, I do believe he's well on his way to becoming an elite QB in this league.
Unfortunately, his development will continue to move along inch by inch until NY decides to get some real talent at the skill positions. An over the hill LT cannot be your best player on offense outside of your center if you seriously expect to contend. Burress? LOL Holmes? SMH Greene? Don't even get me started.

Sanchez is a rag arm QB who is a shred over 6 feet tall.  The guy is a shrimp behind center and can't make any throws down field.  You don't spend 6-7 years developing a guy who's ceiling is a game manager.  I expect this from the Mets but I thought better of this organzation.  Apparently not.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Sanchez is good look at the stats.  Look at the game tape.  He sucks.  Every body who is not a Jets fans thinks the guy sucks what does that tell you?

laugh.gif
I really still can't believe it. I had no problem letting dude play out his remaining two years but we gave him an extension before he really even proved anything. Is this a joke? Someone wake me up from this nightmare
30t6p3b.gif

The extension is moreso to give the team salary cap flexibility.

Also if he sucks, after 2013 they can cut him loose without taking any type of hit. Hell with rookie contracts being more reasonable now, if Sanchez sucks in 2012 they could probably draft a rookie qb and develop him if Sanchez is that bad this season.

No way would they extend him unless it was some benifit to the team as well.

I like this dude a lot already.. looks like the Jets is exactly where he wanted to go.  Getting down with the J E TS chant early
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rillo561

Not a fan of the first two picks, but I hope they work out.
I came around on em.
And I dunno why, but I got hope in that dude Ganaway, we got in the 6th.

Back
Top Bottom