2012 NY Jets Off-Season Thread ( 6-10) Goodbye Tebow ....

Ugh, time to give Tebow a shot or even move McLeroy to starter with Tim in the same role.

This offense is bad. Sanchez has played a BIG part in that. Yes, Hill dropping balls, Kerley, Keller being out, Holmes being out does not help but Sanchez did this with them playing!!!!!!!!!!

This was more of a reason for Schottenheimer should of stayed, that way, Sanchez and him could go together. Now you give Sanchez this money, fire the OC for Sparano. Just not how you do this. UGLY UGLY UGLY.

perhaps im overly positive but i could see them finishing the season 7-2 in the final 9 games. with the exception of the road game in seattle (mainly because seattle is really good at home)and the new england game on thanksgiving, i would favor them in the in the rest of their games and even the seattle and patriot games are winnable, they just gotta go out and take care of business. if the turnovers get minimized 7-2 the rest of the way is possible,

You're not being overly optimistic. If you look at their remaining schedule they've got 2 legitimately difficult games left versus the Seahawks and Patriots, and the rest of the games are versus wishy washy teams who seem to find ways to give games away. Now don't get me wrong, the Jets going 7-2 or 6-3 down the stretch doesn't make them an above average team or even a strong team. Much like 2 or 3 years ago it would just make them an average team that took advantage of a schedule that got easier as the weeks went on. And in an AFC where 90% of the teams look average I like our chances to sneak into the playoffs.

I don't think Rex Ryan is the problem. The problem is our management and how we're running our offense. We have knucklehead players on both the offensive and defensive side and we seem to be trying to force Sanchez to be something he's not.

I really don't know where to start with this team. Def gotta do some of this though...

-Draft a rookie QB
-Get a decent RB if we still want to be run heavy
-Waive or trade Santonio Holmes
-Let Bell and Landry walk
-Let Tebow go as well, or at least figure out how we want to use him
-Develop the pass rush
-Build the offensive line

In terms of management we need to fire Tannenbaum and maybe Sporano.

Rex is still a solid coach and player will still want to play for him.

This loss was highly unacceptable. If nothing shows after the bye week then people will start to lose their jobs :smh:

perhaps im overly positive but i could see them finishing the season 7-2 in the final 9 games. with the exception of the road game in seattle (mainly because seattle is really good at home)and the new england game on thanksgiving, i would favor them in the in the rest of their games and even the seattle and patriot games are winnable, they just gotta go out and take care of business. if the turnovers get minimized 7-2 the rest of the way is possible,

You're not being overly optimistic. If you look at their remaining schedule they've got 2 legitimately difficult games left versus the Seahawks and Patriots, and the rest of the games are versus wishy washy teams who seem to find ways to give games away. Now don't get me wrong, the Jets going 7-2 or 6-3 down the stretch doesn't make them an above average team or even a strong team. Much like 2 or 3 years ago it would just make them an average team that took advantage of a schedule that got easier as the weeks went on. And in an AFC where 90% of the teams look average I like our chances to sneak into the playoffs.

:lol:

well i ate my words from that previous post :lol:

barring a turnaround the rest of the way, i think its in the best interest for both sides for the jets and sanchez to part ways.

when you look back, 2009 and 2010 somewhat covered up potential long term flaws and problems but i doubt anyone envisioned or thought like that at the time.

my question is this though, is the majority of the fanbase willing to accept a legit rebuilding process and patient enough to ride it out if they were to go that route. this is a worse team then the 2009 and 2010 teams and possibly cleaning house except for a few guys would be the best way to go, as this group isn't doing anything anytime soon.

this is the nfl where you can be 3-13 one year and in the playoffs the next with a good draft and smart decision making.

if they come out flat after the bye and crap the bed the rest of the season they should go that route, see what they have on the team and who to keep and develop whatever rookie qb they get and put him in a position to improve and succeed.

i wish woody wouldn't worry about competing with the giants or trying to make headlines even if their negative, or selling psl's and just worry about the jets. cut the poor character guys on the team and rebuild. i could live with a team in rebuilding mode going 6-10 taking their lumps but that shows improvement and development as the season progresses and you know their only going to get better, much more then a team that's ceiling is 8-8 with a bunch of turmoil and problems.

Jets continue to get blown out in games and never give Tebow a chance. I dont understand. If you're down 25 points over and over again, give tebow a quarter at least.

They're do scared he'd succeed and do well. But first and foremost, they're scared of the media.

Last edited:
Damn, bad weekend. Hurricane Sandy, Chelsea FC loss and Jets loss. :smh: I'd like to hear Ryan's comment. Give Tebow a chance.

well i ate my words from that previous post :lol:

barring a turnaround the rest of the way, i think its in the best interest for both sides for the jets and sanchez to part ways.

when you look back, 2009 and 2010 somewhat covered up potential long term flaws and problems but i doubt anyone envisioned or thought like that at the time.

my question is this though, is the majority of the fanbase willing to accept a legit rebuilding process and patient enough to ride it out if they were to go that route. this is a worse team then the 2009 and 2010 teams and possibly cleaning house except for a few guys would be the best way to go, as this group isn't doing anything anytime soon.

this is the nfl where you can be 3-13 one year and in the playoffs the next with a good draft and smart decision making.

if they come out flat after the bye and crap the bed the rest of the season they should go that route, see what they have on the team and who to keep and develop whatever rookie qb they get and put him in a position to improve and succeed.

i wish woody wouldn't worry about competing with the giants or trying to make headlines even if their negative, or selling psl's and just worry about the jets. cut the poor character guys on the team and rebuild. i could live with a team in rebuilding mode going 6-10 taking their lumps but that shows improvement and development as the season progresses and you know their only going to get better, much more then a team that's ceiling is 8-8 with a bunch of turmoil and problems.

The funny thing is that we have a very decent defense out there. We just need to fix our offensive issues more so. We just need to get younger linebackers and secondary. In terms of the offense--we need a new QB, RB and tweak the offensive line.

If we can somehow draft well and make smart decisions, we'll be in a good shape.

instead of practice rex sends em on vacation :smh:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/je...off?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

can't make this **** up :smh:
Hurricane homie. ****ttt i would want to rest too.
To the guy who said get rid od landry and bell no way. Hell i think landry has been the best pick up this offseason. our safeties arent the issues, its our DLINE LB core and offense right now. As far as our secondary go were doing the best we can in a world without revis :frown:.
What do you guys think about making a move for vick?
In b4 new york media this new york media that. If we make a move for him , its after we dump mark and tebow. Main reason,vick is paying terrible is cause their O-line is WORSE than ours. Im confident with a better o line like ours he can do work like last season.

I was never more embarrassed watching a Jets game than I was yesterday, especially after all the nonsense Maybin and Landry were spewing all week :smh:.

We are Godawful. The team needs revamping; a gutting from top to bottom except for guys like Kerley, Revis, Mangold, and Pouha.

I'm done with Sanchez. Early on this season, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt by saying he doesn't have any/many weapons to work with. However, it's at the point where he needs to make due of what he has. He is still making bonehead throws, has no pocket awareness, and shows no (real) sign of leadership.

The Coaching Staff has NO idea how to use Tebow other than a run up the middle. I'm not saying he is starting QB material, because I don't think he is at all, but it's just pathetic to use him the same way over and over and over. Mark my words, Tebow is NOT going to start at QB unless he gets a few series' in a game prior to the one he would start. Not that he is going to do any better or anything :smh: .

So painful to watch this team. Cannot believe we didn't win a SB in 2009 or 2010 >: .

Die hard Fan but i Blame tannanbaum and Sparano not helping Sanchez out at all lack of decent receivers I'm a Tebow fan as well but Sanchez is the better QB and jets are not using Tebow right at all no run game that's consistent D-Line is Bad 3-5 doesn't mean were done but they need to get it together in Seattle and St Louis Hopefully they Get to 5-5 than a date with New England again then the season can be all on the line the line thanks-giving Night

The funny thing is that we have a very decent defense out there. We just need to fix our offensive issues more so. We just need to get younger linebackers and secondary. In terms of the offense--we need a new QB, RB and tweak the offensive line.
If we can somehow draft well and make smart decisions, we'll be in a good shape.

Sadly the thing is the words "Jets and drafting well" haven't gone together for the most part

Qb wise, if they don't improve offensively, the new guy is going to be Sanchez 2.0 and have the same problems if he isn't developed right. There is no for sure, sure thing Andrew luck type qb in this years draft. If the receivers are trash next year and the offensive line is the same I would draft a qb but start Sanchez in the lame duck role initially rather then throw him to the wolves from the get go with the crappy offense they currently have

Back
Top Bottom