2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

So Calvin Johnson has a bye week this upcoming week & I'm not too confident in Crabtree seeing as how he has 0 TDs with all the targets he has this year.

Any recommended waiver wire pick ups for this week 5? If it matters my current WRs are Megatron, Fitzgerald, Marshall & Crabtree.

Ogletree, LaFell, Andre Roberts, Mike Williams, Brian Hartline & Randoll Cobb are some of the top available receivers.
Why are these people in the pool? Ogletree and LaFell are good options, but you should mostly use them as trade bait.

up by 3 with my brandon marshall against demarco murray.

had a bigger lead but i had giants K vs eagles K :smh:

Got 2 wins and I'm down 21.3 with Brandon Marshall to go in one of my leagues (PPR). I'm not done yet but I'm not expecting Marshall to have enough to get me the win. Looks like I'll be 2-1 for this week. That puts me at 3-1, 1-3, 1-3 in my three leagues. :smh: :\

Last edited:

Two different owners in my league picked up Hartline and didn't start him lol. Both are killing themselves.

I wouldn't give up on Ryan Williams just yet. He is the best they have. Plus Miami's run defense is legit.

Horrible week, Megatron, Stevie Johnson, Steve Smith, Fred Jackson, and Reggie Bush all :smh:

I am going to try to trade Stevie Johnson/Steve Smith for AP

Lost in 1 of my leagues because Eli manning had a huge case of "Receiver Tunnel Vision" last night. If only he was half as talented as his brother :smh: , could of seen Bennett up the seam deep (Like they did the first 3 weeks with huge success). But instead he focuses on throwing the ball to Cruz , Hixon and Bradshaw(who by the way both are pathetic players). They were asking to lose and also made me lose also, was down 14 going into the game with Bennett and Barden. Got 6 points. I'm done with anybody on the giants.

Lost in 1 of my leagues because Eli manning had a huge case of "Receiver Tunnel Vision" last night. If only he was half as talented as his brother :smh: , could of seen Bennett up the seam deep (Like they did the first 3 weeks with huge success). But instead he focuses on throwing the ball to Cruz , Hixon and Bradshaw(who by the way both are pathetic players). They were asking to lose and also made me lose also, was down 14 going into the game with Bennett and Barden. Got 6 points. I'm done with anybody on the giants.

Bennett was used mainly for blocking situations vs that Eagles pass rush and he did an excellent job. Hixon had 114 yards, and Barden was unable to get open.

You can't really pick too many players from either team knowing going in it'll be a defensive divisional game, which is exactly the way it played out.

:smh: First L of the year this week.

My team was solid but I went up against Matt Ryan, Roddy, V-Jax, Gronkowski, Bowe, Texans D.

Bennett was used mainly for blocking situations vs that Eagles pass rush and he did an excellent job. Hixon had 114 yards, and Barden was unable to get open.
You can't really pick too many players from either team knowing going in it'll be a defensive divisional game, which is exactly the way it played out.

You dont use your 2nd best after the catch player (1st being Cruz obviously) to stay in and block in 2 tight end sets or bunch sets. You let the bum tight ends (Pascoe and Robinson) stay in and block while you try to establish an offense while using the little bit of talent your offense has. Eli could of easily audibled while Kurt Coleman played box defense help and sent Bennett up the seam REPEATEDLY all night long while rotating the RB to help block on his side to make up for it. Unfortunately, as "Great" as Eli is at times, his poor decision making still pops up once in a while.

You dont use your 2nd best after the catch player (1st being Cruz obviously) to stay in and block in 2 tight end sets or bunch sets. You let the bum tight ends (Pascoe and Robinson) stay in and block while you try to establish an offense while using the little bit of talent your offense has. Eli could of easily audibled while Kurt Coleman played box defense help and sent Bennett up the seam REPEATEDLY all night long while rotating the RB to help block on his side to make up for it. Unfortunately, as "Great" as Eli is at times, his poor decision making still pops up once in a while.

Bennett has been one of their best blockers and he was needed all night, how does that equate to poor decision making by Eli? That's whats being called by Gilbride, and the Giants played well enough to win the game but lost a tough football game.

Only poor decision Eli made was the INT in the endzone, and he still drove them down for 7 afterwards

Last edited:
Need 20 PPR points from Miles tonight to win or I'll be 1-3 in my money league
mean.gif

Just got a trade proposed to me, wanted to get some opinions.

I would receive Stevan Ridley & Torrey Smith for giving up Darren McFadden. Its a 3 wr and 2 rb league. So far my starters are AJ Green, Colston & Vincent Jackson, and my rbs are Lesean McCoy and McFadden. Also got Alfred Morris on the bench

Last edited:
You got Morris on the bench? Pull it. NOW! I'm a Raider fan and I'm afraid our new scheme will just take the bulk of the season for McFadden to excel in it. Ridley is no slouch, he's been putting up numbers and with the Pats focused on running and being more balances, he'll continue to get his touches. Torrey Smith is no aberration. He is the Ravens deep threat and will get his targets. McCoy, Ridley, Morris is a very solid trio of RBs. I think it's a great move for you.

Do I start Forte tonight or Michael Bush? Also I have Matty Ice sitting on my bench because I have Rodgers...should I put him on the block to see if I can get something in return?

AG 47 Good looks man. I had some high hopes for McFadden coming into the year but so far he's been so inconsistent! Plus it couldn't come at a better time with the Raiders having their bye this week.

Heres my current week 5 Roster, hope to get some advice from the NT fam:

Starters

D. Brees @ SD

V. Cruz @ CLE

D. Amendola @ ARI

M. Forte @ JAC

T. Richardson @ NYG

V. Davis @ BUF

B. Lloyd @ DEN

G. Hartley @ SD

Cincy D @ MIA

Bench

C. Johnson @ MIN

A. Hawkins @ MIA

J. Simpson @ TEN

D. Brown @ GB

Big Ben @ PHI

D. Moore BYE

I am 85% sure I will drop Cincy's D for the Minn. D up against the Titans.  The only reason I'm torn is because CJ looked so good this week against the Texans, I want to have faith in him despite the bad matchup.  Other Denfenses available are Miami and a high projection for St. Louis @ ARI (Not sure why)  I'm also in the works on moving Big Ben for Dalton and Mendenhall, trying to get that done soon.

Thoughts on the starters/ Defense options??

got my first win!

Torrey smith
Cruz
Vince Jax
Cam

ALL put in work. My rb situation sucks. I started Daniel Thomas and andre brown....yeah not doing that again.

bears D & miles austin better not top 20 points...if i break my undefeated streak because of those 2 ima be pissed

Last edited:
lynch & mcoy are my only other rb's
wr's i have garcon,nicks,boldin,crabtree, & andrew hawkins
I would do it.  Garcon and nicks are still nursing injuries, and you'd have Boldin or Hawkins to use as capable backups.  Fitz should put up good numbers more often than not.  He is always the first read.  Good luck.

Who do I start tonight, Bush or Forte? I think they're gonna play Forte tonight, but I don't know how many carries they're gonna give him. My opponent is down by 40, but still has Murray and Bryant playing tonight. I don't want this to be one of those games where I lose by a few points because I was too indecisive. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom