2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

James Jones (GB) COULD be on his way to Miami... He'd be a possible #1 WR in that offense and his Fantasy stock will rise greatly if that trade happens IMO.

Thanks for all of the advice on my other league from a couple pages back.

I just drafted my 2nd money league last night, we've had this league going on for 12 years now and this is by far the best draft I think I've ever had.

All the owners showed up to the live draft, but some of their picks were just ridiculous....smh Andy Dalton in the 3rd round?!?

I consider more than half the league to have a decent understanding of FF, but a couple of these guys were reaching HARD....another one was Victor Cruz in the 1st round, 9th pick overall...smh...

Anyways, tell me what you think, here's who I ended up with:

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos

Bench -

QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery

Just like my other league from a couple pages back, I waited to grab a QB - ended up with Romo and Cutler again. But I think that might be my only weakness, that and Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardsons health being up in the air. Hopefully they are ready to go week one but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Fraij, what are you hearing on that deal? I'm praying it's wrong and doesn't happen. I don't give a damn about fantasy stuff, I don't want to give REAL picks away to go from 3 wins to 3 wins, know what I mean? :lol: :\

Fraij, what are you hearing on that deal? I'm praying it's wrong and doesn't happen. I don't give a damn about fantasy stuff, I don't want to give REAL picks away to go from 3 wins to 3 wins, know what I mean?
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
Yea I mean I think JJ is a nice WR but his drops devalue big time in "real life"... I read that it was on NFLN but haven't seen any online source confirmation.

He'd sure get some targets in MIA though.

If I see a source pop up ill post it.

I just drafted my 2nd money league last night, we've had this league going on for 12 years now and this is by far the best draft I think I've ever had.
All the owners showed up to the live draft, but some of their picks were just ridiculous....smh Andy Dalton in the 3rd round?!?
I consider more than half the league to have a decent understanding of FF, but a couple of these guys were reaching HARD....another one was Victor Cruz in the 1st round, 9th pick overall...smh...
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery
Just like my other league from a couple pages back, I waited to grab a QB - ended up with Romo and Cutler again. But I think that might be my only weakness, that and Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardsons health being up in the air. Hopefully they are ready to go week one but I doubt it.

:wow: :wow: :smokin :lol: You have an AWESOME team man. Did everyone else in the draft not know what they were doing? Haha

Let me know what u think 10 team money league I had first pick

Aaron Rodgers qb
Trent Richardson rb
AdrIan Peterson rb
MIke Wallace wr
Percy harvin wr
Shonn Greene w/r
Vernon Davis te
Green bay def
Mike pratter k

Pierre Thomas Ben rb
Malcolm Floyd Ben wr
santonio Holmes Ben wr
Jared cook Ben te
M Williams Ben wr
Carson Palmer Ben qb

Last edited:
just drafted this, thoughts?
14 team h2h WR/TE instead of flex 1 defensive player
Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Cedric Benson, Rashad Jennings, Rashard Mendenhall (trying to get Javid Best for IR, #2 waiver order)
Larry Fitzgerald, Torrey Smith, Sidney Rice, Steve Breaston, James Jones, Brian Quick
Aaron Hernandez, Martellus Bennett
London Fletcher
Packers D
Tynes

IMASOLEMAN18: Could scoop Matty Stafford or Cam, then Forte on the way back.
7.5/10. Did pretty well for a deeper draft. Can you get anything better than Sid at WR3? Lance Moore maybe or Titus Young. Nate Washington.

champ, not sure what you mean in your first comment but other than that, washington got taken just a couple picks before i could get him and moore, and young are taken, only decent person i see that im sure will play is collie but hes injured

IMASOLEMAN18: I've typed up a lot of fantasy advice the last couple days. Do me a favor and refresh my memory, which comment needs clarifying? Be more than happy to reiterate my point.

:D

Thoughts on my squad?

14 team league

Waited way too long to grab a QB and got screwed, however, passing TD's are only worth 4 pts. I won my 12 team last year with Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez as my QB's :rofl:

Also got screwed with MJD holding out. I got his backup who is starting week one

QB: Jake Locker :smh:
RB: Rashad Jennings
RB: Frank Gore
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Dwane Bowe
WR: Stevie Johnson
TE: Fred Davis
K: Jason Hanson (DET)
DEF: 49ers

Bench:
QB: Sam Bradford
QB: Brandon Weeden
WR: Mario Manningham
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB: Michael Bush
DEF: NY Jets

Last edited:
12 team league ... any feedback?

QB - Stafford
WR - AJ Green
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Heyward-Bey
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Deangelo Williams
TE - Jason Witten
W/R - Nate Washington
K - Bironas
D/ST - Packers
B - Cedric Benson
B - Andrew Luck
B - Mike Williams
B - Mario Manningham
B - Dustin Keller
B - Devin Hester

I know that feel..

makes a bad organization look worse lettin ur best player n NFL rushing champ rot away on the bench

Which is y im optimistic somethin will get done

12 team league ... any feedback?

QB - Stafford
WR - AJ Green
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Heyward-Bey
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Deangelo Williams
TE - Jason Witten
W/R - Nate Washington
K - Bironas
D/ST - Packers
B - Cedric Benson
B - Andrew Luck
B - Mike Williams
B - Mario Manningham
B - Dustin Keller
B - Devin Hester

I like your team. I would swap Deangelo with Benson if it were me though...

I know that feel..
makes a bad organization look worse lettin ur best player n NFL rushing champ rot away on the bench

Nah I think the opposite. It shows the new owner got ballz to stand up to these prima donna players! He doesn't care if you're the league leading rusher, you either play with the contract you have or you watch on the sidelines. He did what last year? 1600+ yards, a mere 8 TD's while the team finished 5-11, and he wants to be the league highest paid RB?:lol:

Offered Donald Brown & Stevie Johnson for MJD. Needless to say, his owner was pretty offended. :rolleyes

ok this is my team in a standard , none ppr 10 team league two starting recievers btw and a flex

instead of the usual 3 receivers

tony romo/michael vick

lesean mccoy/cj spiller/david wilson/kevin smith/mark ingrim

julio jones/antonio brown/brandon lloyd/leonard hankerson

jimmy graham/coby fleener

bills

dan bailey

we did a offline draft at my boys crib and he had a friend of his

do his draft because he was work and got this

joe flacco

chris johnson/michael turner/fred jackson/deangelo williams/ryan williams

calvin johnson/wes welkers/torrey smith/percy harvin

jared cook

lions

david akers

i figure michael vick will get himself hurt eventually so i wanna give him vick/hankerson for brandon marshall and ry williams

i can just pick up fitzpatrick as my back up ad go to war with tony .....

good trade? it seems low risk for him , he keeps garbage flacco and he still loaded at receiver .....and he has harvin and smith on the bench

my line up would be

tony romo

lesean mccoy

c.j spiller

julio jones

brandon marshall

jimmy graham

antonio brown

dan bailey

bills defense

Last edited:
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery
This team is :smokin.

I know that feel..

his knee was bone on bone a couple years ago,

he signed a front-loaded contract, HE DID...HE...HE GOT PAID. He has TWO years on his contract, HONOR IT.

with or without MJD the Jags are going NOWHERE, HE HAS NO LEVERAGE.

NONE!!! For a guy I consider a consummate professional, a solid guy, he's losing a TON of my respect. He's becoming a bit of a diva.

Just sent the following 3 trade offers...hopefully one of them bites.

Receive Doug Martin, TB RB from LIU to Bench
Send DeAngelo Williams, Car RB from FLEX to LIU
Send Nate Washington, Ten WR from Bench to LIU

Receive Wes Welker, NE WR from KOTZ to Bench
Send Brandon Lloyd, NE WR from WR to KOTZ
Send Denarius Moore, Oak WR from Bench to KOTZ

Receive Julio Jones, Atl WR from HUFF to Bench
Send Brandon Marshall, Chi WR from WR to HUFF
Send Pierre Thomas, NO RB from Bench to HUFF
Send Kellen Winslow, Sea TE from Bench to HUFF

Let me know what you guys think.

Quarterback
Peyton Manning (4)
Andy Dalton
Running Backs
Matt Forte (2)
Darren McFadden (1)
Donald Brown (8)
Pierre Thomas
Kendall Hunter
Wide Receivers
Steve Smith (3)
Steve Johnson (5)
Pierre Garcon (7)
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jon Baldwin
Alshon Jeffery
Tight Ends
Jermichael Finley (6)
Tony Moeaki
Kicker
Matt Prater
D/ST
Giants

You guys told me not to go back to back RB's...I didn't listen.

Now I feel like I need to make a move. Should I move one of them for a WR1...thoughts?

You guys told me not to go back to back RB's...I didn't listen.

Now I feel like I need to make a move. Should I move one of them for a WR1...thoughts?

There isn't a WR in the league I would trade either of your RB's for outside of Calvin Johnson. Neither Steve Smith or Stevie Johnson are bad enough to panic trade.

Anyone have a good league I can join? Missed out on my usual money league. I will be an active team all year!

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery
This team is :smokin.

how the hell did you both johnsons receiver? you will either win your league or come in a close second

There isn't a WR in the league I would trade either of your RB's for outside of Calvin Johnson. Neither Steve Smith or Stevie Johnson are bad enough to panic trade.

Thanks for the reassurance. And thanks Champ for all the advice.

Good luck to you all!

Post the rest of your team so I can get a feel for this. I'm not high on Beanie at all...thinking Ryan Williams is stealing that starting spot sooner than later. Fitz will get his catches, but after owning him last year, he can be frustrating to start...you just never know what kind of performance he will have.

292qoee.png

Back
Top Bottom