2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

senor chang: 7.5/10. Stacked at receiver. Score improves with a significant trade involving A.J. or Megatron (if you have guts) for a true elite RB1.

and1play5: 7/10. Don't love Floyd as a WR3. Law Firm is decent as RB but not great. Flex option between Hillis and Bush is adequate. WR1 and WR2 strong. Would consider dangling Gronk as trade bait for a premier RB to pair with AP. Something like Fred Davis and Forte for Gronk.

IMASOLEMAN18: No problem, man. Let me know how it goes and if the other managers counter.

NRitsuh: 6.5/10. Brown a better Flex option than RB2. Tate has higher value as a Foster handcuff. Thomas excellent W/T, would consider trading for true RB2. Bench depth below average. Dez worries me with injury and off-the-field trouble. If it's plus-3 for 40+ yard plays, I'd look into moving Gronk for Wallace, DeSean, Charles. Those type home-run players. Those extra points are crucial. Look for special players that can take it to the house every touch. CJ2K. Megatron.

rayray3thousand: I actually liked Jackie's story at KC. But Brown's job to lose. Matthews is pushing for a W3 return date.

OGNTER: 8.5/10. Close to 9 honestly. Purely on combining Shady and Foster. You should have tried getting Tate. Would improve two Flex options. I would probably take that trade as well to pair your elite RBs. Lot of big pieces moving around. Would target reasonably attainable players in the Flex like Titus Young, Lance Moore, Pierre Thomas, Nate Washington, Ridley.

Jerseyjz: 8.5/10. Hinges on a successful MJD return to the field. Decker doesn't play like Welker, only thing is common is their skin color. Decker doesn't rack up receptions like Wes, and he's more of a down-field threat. Love your bench, man.

JJs07: The other manager in your trade actually consulted me in advance. In truth, I recommended he pass at the moment. So that means I favored your side a bit. Wilson is solid on the bench, but just an insurance policy for Bradshaw. Is Rodgers worth Fitz, Cutler, and Beanie? Possibly, if you expect him to be the clear cut #1 fantasy player overall. Cutler is a poised for a monster re-connection with Marshall. Would try to trade for B. Marsh by the way. Fitz is a top-10 option in PPR formats. Beanie is top-75 for me as long as he fends off Ry Williams' competition.

frankl1001: 7/10. Just upgrade RB2. Receivers are fine. Might start Brown at RB2 first couple weeks. Should get lots of touches to settle Luck in. Love Taiwan Jones on the bench as insurance to a DMC injury. Moss potential sleeper if he can rack up red zone TDs.

denni5themenace: Happy to help, brotha. Everyone keep the questions coming. I'll do my best to get to every single one.

leemelone: 8/10. Awesome depth. Don't love V-Jax this year. Won't post same numbers as in SD. Trust Titus as a WR3. Your RBs have high potential barring injury. Would be perfect for NRitsuh's customized extra bonus three points for TDs over 40 yards. Cook, Smith, Helu, and Moss good value on the bench. I also took risk in NE defense in a league of mine. Think they'll be significantly better than last year. I'd offer V-Jax for Antonio Brown straight up.

Baydestrian408: For a 16-team league, 9/10. High potential in Brown and Young. Foster your elite cornerstone. Would have waited longer for Pettigrew and the TE position in a 16-team league. Assuming you took him relatively early, within the first 8 or so rounds. Why have three TEs? Too late to drop Keller or Lewis. Both have too much value in a deep league. Would have drafted RB or WR initially though over Keller.

Proshares: Be careful. Don't get fleeced for MJD. Could be a beast W6 on.

simpliSD: I like ESPN's Cheat Sheets provided on their fantasy website. They split by position and overall board, both for standard and PPR leagues. Yahoo rankings are poor in my opinion. Guys, try your best to stay BPA. But RB is the one position you can't neglect. QB, WR, TE, K, and DEF all deep enough to wait.

This team is :smokin.
I'm not so sure. It could certainly be a great team but LOTS of injury possibilities. DMC, Andre, AP, Trent whooooooah. Good depth though with Reggie, Dwayne and Alshon so I still like it. Just real risky.
DAMNIT I forgot to multiquote :frown:

Last edited:
Oooooooooh Champ do mine do mine!

Team1:
QB: RGIII, R. Wilson
RB: Rice, D. Martin, D. Wilson, Quizz, R. Hillman
WR: Julio, A. Brown, Titus, L. Moore, A. Jeffery, B. Quick
TE: Pettigrew, Fleener

Team2:
QB: Rivers, R. Wilson
RB: DMC, D. Martin, R. Bush, Blount, Gerhart, Royster
WR: Roddy, AJ, Titus, Crabtree, A. Jeffery

Teams are pretty similar, both 12-teamers non-PPR. Experimenting with D/K this year; didn't draft any and plan on streaming all year until someone to has to drop bc of byes

Last edited:
Oooooooooh Champ do mine do mine!
Team1:
QB: RGIII, R. Wilson
RB: Rice, D. Martin, D. Wilson, Quizz, R. Hillman
WR: Julio, A. Brown, Titus, L. Moore, A. Jeffery, B. Quick
Team2:
QB: Rivers, R. Wilson
RB: DMC, D. Martin, R. Bush, Blount, Gerhart, Royster
WR: Roddy, AJ, Titus, Crabtree, A. Jeffery
Teams are pretty similar, both 12-teamers non-PPR. Experimenting with D/K this year; didn't draft any and plan on streaming all year until someone to has to drop bc of byes
Team 1:
Boom-or-bust at QB. I actually like Russell as a backup but don't expect him to play anything close to his preseason form. I think people are buying into the hype a bit too much. RG3 could post Cam-type passing numbers with Davis, Garcon, Hank, and Santana, but definitely not the rushing totals. RG3 is not the runner Cam is. Martin is Ray Rice, Jr. Schiano loves to run the football. Wilson and Quizz good potential backups and handcuffs. Love your first five receivers. Pettigrew and Fleener both solid value at TE. Pettigrew gets significant red zone targets and Fleener is Luck's security blanket. Although my interest in Fleener is cooling a bit. 8.5/10. Weakness is QB.

Team 2: 8/10. Rivers is a better, safer QB option. Bounce back year for him. Takes time to link with Meach and Royal. Gates finally healthy. Matthews out a bit. DMC is more injury prone than Rice but has top-7 fantasy potential. Bush a better RB3 than Wilson or Quizz. Gerhart, valuable AP handcuff. Royster might have a chance as fickle Shanny is with RBs. Roddy and A.J. are far better than Julio and A. Brown, but Julio will take targets and numbers from Roddy. Antonio ready to outperform Wallace as Ben's favorite target. Crabby not half as good as Lance Moore.

I've went that approach before playing weekly match-ups with DEF and K. It works smoother and easier than most think. Only DEF and K worth starting every week are SF, Baltimore, Chicago, Akers, Crosby, Gostkowski, etc. Otherwise playing the FA pool is fun and forces you to be active weekly.

8 team league, 2 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 TE, 2 flex positions.  i had the 6th pick

QB: Tom Brady

QB: Matt Stafford

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Desean Jackson

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Rashad Jennings

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex: Sproles 

Flex: Dwayne Bowe

K: Robbie Gould

Def: Seattle

BN: Trent Richardson

BN: Andrew Luck

BN: Peyton Hillis

BN: Titus Young

BN: Sidney Rice

BN: Michael Bush

feedback appreciated! 

8 team league, 2 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 TE, 2 flex positions.  i had the 6th pick

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Matt Stafford
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Desean Jackson
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Rashad Jennings
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex: Sproles 
Flex: Dwayne Bowe
K: Robbie Gould
Def: Seattle
BN: Trent Richardson
BN: Andrew Luck
BN: Peyton Hillis
BN: Titus Young
BN: Sidney Rice
BN: Michael Bush

feedback appreciated! 
Very hard to judge 8-team leagues because every roster is equally so deep. Brady and Stafford elite for a two-QB league regardless the number of teams. Wise to handcuff Charles with Hillis. Could have a better bench. Is Luck worth a roster spot in a 8-team league? Probably not. Questions surrounding Dez. How much will Jennings really produce with MJD out? 8/10. Close to 8.5.

In comparison: My 8-team hometown NFL.com league.
QB - Rodgers
RB - Forte
RB - Peterson
WR - A.J.
WR - Lloyd
W/R - MJD
TE - Pettigrew
K - Crosby
DEF - Pittsburgh
BN - Law Firm
BN - Doug Martin
BN - DeSean
BN - Garcon
BN - McGahee
BN - Wayne

my 8 team league, PPR
QB - Stafford
RB - McCoy
RB - Mcfadden
W/R - JCharles
WR - Welker
WR - Harvin
TE - Gates
K - Hartley
DEF - Eagles
BN - Sproles
BN - Doug Martin
BN - Torrey Smith
BN - Titus Young
BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Britt
BN- Rashard Jennings

my 8 team league, PPR
QB - Stafford
RB - McCoy
RB - Mcfadden
W/R - JCharles
WR - Welker
WR - Harvin
TE - Gates
K - Hartley
DEF - Eagles
BN - Sproles
BN - Doug Martin
BN - Torrey Smith
BN - Titus Young
BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Britt
BN- Rashard Jennings
9.5/10. Honestly difficult to find anything wrong with this squad, even in a 8-team league. Well done across the board. Three elite RBs. Welker and Harvin are PPR monsters. Gates is finally healthy. Sproles can plug in any week.

thanks man, forgot to mention i also have matt ryan as my back up

i think my WRs are kind of weak compared to others..im not too excited about welker with lloyd on the team, i doubt he'll have another season like last year

was kind of upset i missed julio jones by 1 pick :smh:

Need some advice, helping my friend with his money league so I am taking some caution lol.

10 teams w/ defensive players

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
RB - DeMarco Murray
RB - Jonathan Stewart
W/R - Brandon Marshall
TE - Jason Witten
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - Detroit Lions
D - Sean Lee
D - Patrick Willis

BN- Brandon Pettigrew
BN- Joe Flacco
BN- Beanie Wells
BN- Michael Crabtree
BN- Pittsburgh Steelers
BN- Daryl Washington

Obviously I'm weak at Running Back.

I've been offered Fred Jackson & Maurice Jones Drew for Calvin Johnson

but I would really like to get Ray Rice from another team.
Would me trading Fitzgerald, Murray & Stewart for Ray Rice, Willis McGahee & Santonio Holmes be a good trade?

Champ I won't get fleeced :lol: me and DJ's have worked out some pretty even trades in baseball and football before

Got proposed this:

Getting Calvin Johnson and Ryan Matthews for Julio Jones and Ray Rice. My RB is weak after Rice...MJD, Ingram, Ryan Williams and Kendall Hunter.

12 team Yahoo league, 6pts for all TDs. $100 buy in using leaguesafe.com. League has been running for 4 years now.
ONE spot left...non PPR

QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/R/T,K,DEF,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN

Draft is Sunday sept, 2nd @ 6pm EST. Email me @ [email protected] if interested.

Must make payment to leaguesafe.com IMMEDIATELY after joining league.

12 team Yahoo league and I picked 9th overall, PPR with passing TD's being 4pts and other TD's being 6pts.

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Reggie Wayne
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Darren Sproules
TE - Antonio Gates
W/R - Kenny Britt
K - Garrett Hartley
D/ST - Green Bay

BN - Michael Bush
BN - Greg Little
BN - Fred Davis
BN - Andrew Luck
BN - Kendall Hunter
BN - Seattle

I really like my chances if my players stay healthy. If anyone can help rate my team and see what else I need, I would appreciate it! :smokin

Last edited:
I'm drafting Monday night, 12 team league and I'm in the 8th spot.  We do a keeper league so some players aren't available.

This is the draftable list:

Rice

McCoy

Calvin Johnson

Rodgers

Brady

Chris Johnson

Brees

Forte

Charles

MJD

AP

My keepers are Jimmy Graham in the 6th round, Sproles in the 7th, Vick in the 8th

Do I go with AP if he is available? Jamaal?

12 Team League.  Feedback is appreciated

QB- Phillip Rivers
RB-Arian Foster
RB-Lesean McCoy
WR-Hakeem Nicks
WR-Eric Decker
TE- Tony Gonzalez
WR/RB-Santana Moss
WR/RB-Alshon Jeffery
K-David Akers
DST- NY Jets
B-Mike Tolbert
B-Jacob Tamme
B-Ryan Fitzpatrick

I was able to get McCoy in a trade.  I gave away Julio Jones/Jimmy Ghram/Antonio Brown and Ryan Williams in return for McCoy/Nicks/Gonzalez

I think you trade too much for McCoy. Jimmy Graham is in a Tier of his own. I really think you sold your soul for McCoy. Im very high on Brown and Julio this year too. You also have no depth at any position.

I have Matt Ryan he wants to trade me for Phillip Rivers straight up, what do you all think?

12 Team League, what y'all think? I'm week at RB for sure...

QB Matt Ryan

WR Victor Cruz

WR Marques Colston

WR Pierre Garcon

RB Ray Rice

RB Peyton Hillis

TE Rob Gronkowski

BN C.J. Spiller

BN Justin Blackmon

BN Andy Dalton

BN Pierre Thomas

BN Doug Baldwin

BN Kellen Winslow

K Mason Crosby

DEF Seattle

thats a 12 teamer... yikes, took a mistep somewhere. those RB prolly arnt gunna get it done unless Charles goes down and Hillis reactivates beast mode

im not high on Cruz id ship him out for a RB 2 and maybe trade Gronk for like a Jeremichael Finley caliber te and decent 3rd WR like eric decker or sumthin

also backup TE is a waste of a roster spot

Last edited:
^Cruz was a monster last year I wouldn't trade him definitely not for RB2. Cruz will win some games for you by himself, same thing with Gronk those two have a ton of value if you're gonna trade em make your price high

Back
Top Bottom