2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

This team is :smokin.

Thanks for the reassurance. And thanks Champ for all the advice.
Good luck to you all!

Bro that is a solid team.

I'm really high on Forte and McFadden especially in PPRs.

Stevie Johnson just got paid on team that wants to throw a lot. Steve Smith is still Cam's only decent receiving threat that isn't a running back.

Am I the only person totally out on Adrian Peterson? Like I wouldn't draft him in the first 6 rounds.

Last edited:
SunDOOBIE: 7.5/10. Rodgers is obviously the money maker. You went high-risk, high-reward at RB with Matthews and Trent. I'm not high on Richardson as most fantasy gurus. Smith and Decker is solid, not the best I've seen (Ex. Julio and A.J.). Smitty should have a slight dip in numbers IMO. Liking Ridley's value on the bench, just track Vereen as well in case Bill pulls a switch. RG3 could be a potential sleeper for trade bait if he cooks anywhere close to Cam.

rck2sactown: Abbreviation for my username. Not to be confused with Deuce's excessive and sarcastic use of the word in every single thread involving 49ers or ******** conflict.

fraij: Wouldn't be surprised if Philbin moved for Jones. Who knows him better than the former OC. Jones is the goods, minus the excessive drops. Is it concentration, lack of focus? Get that fixed and he's a serious potential top-20 WR in the league.

JordanXI45: 9/10. Excellent squad top to bottom. Why the deduction? Trent's overvalue even with the injury and Dre's injury history. Why the 9-rating? I believe in Romo for fantasy more than most. Megatron is a beast. Bowe on the bench for Dre insurance. Bush excellent RB3. AP is money after Week 3 or so, once Frazier lets him loose. Hope you didn't reach for VD. Think Finley has a better year than him.

atransta: Depends where you got him. MJD is a steal in R3. R2 is still somewhat high value. R1 not so much. He likely won't be traded. A Jennings handcuff is appropriate. Don't get fleeced selling him low to aggressive, shark in the water-type managers.

TennHouse2: 8.5/10. Don't love Malcolm. Wouldn't hold Palmer as a backup QB. Thomas is versatile. Like the Wallace and Harvin combination, especially in PPR formats. Percy is vastly underrated. Also gets rushing stats. I would try to move VD for a RB2 like Gore or Turner. Start Cook at TE. I believe in him in Tennessee.

IMASOLEMAN18: Thanks for refreshing and clarifying. I just meant moving Sid for one of those guys if the manager will bite. I prefer the value of Titus, Moore, and Washington at WR3 for your 14-team squad over Sidney Rice. James Jones might be your sleeper. Could move Jennings to the MJD owner for significantly higher worth.

HybridSoldier23: 6.5/10. 14 teams is pretty deep. MJD will be fine, hopefully by Week 3 or so. QB is a major weakness. Locker is feast or famine but the running numbers should be nice. Receivers solid. Trade Bush to the Forte owner for a QB or RB2. Drop Weeden for a RB/WR.

bhzmafia14: 6/10. I've seen better at WR3 than DHB. If he starts hot, sell him quick while the market strikes. Before Ford and Moore get more targets. Your RB pairing is what has me unconvinced. Burner Turner is on the decline and DeAngelo falls victim to RBBC. Love Washington in the Flex though.

AG 47: Not a horrible offer for MJD, it's expected managers are going to prey on his holdout status to buy him low.

I think your squad posted is fine. I like the back-to-back RB picks actually. Less managers do it nowadays. If DMC stays healthy, that's top-7 talent. Forte top-15. Finley in the sixth was a bit early. Your receivers are above average. Take a deal if the right move presents itself. Staying put isn't the worst option.

JordanShorts23: First squad is 7.5/10. Lots of depth. Could move Vick or Romo. Could upgrade at RB2 over K. Smith who may lose touches as the season progresses. Like your receivers and Fleener as backup TE.

Second squad is 8.5/10. Crazy RB and WR depth but QB is a significant weakness.

The potential trade offer confuses me because I don't see Brandon Marshall on either initial roster for the two teams. Typo?

SuNiversal: I like the first two trade offers for you, but not the third. Marshall for Julio is already close enough. Throwing in Pierre and Winslow is slaughter. Winslow is predicted to be a top-100 fantasy producer. Pierre also. As a Flex, RB3. Could be a patchwork RB2 if needed for bye or injuries.

JJs07: Not loving Santonio as a WR3. I blame Sanchez and Tebow mostly for that. I'd try to move Schaub to a manager that's desperate for QB (Flacco owner). Wilson to the Bradshaw owner at higher value.

damn just did my 3rd draft but this one was on cbssports with friends. 12 team league and Pass TD=6. Got the 10th pick and I think I screwed up by not picking an elite rb. Might have to trade one of my wr for a rb. With 4 rounds left, the website froze and had technical difficulties. They auto draft my last 4 picks :smh:

What up man?
Did you pre-ranked prior? Just wondering how auto pick didn't draft any solid RB's for you? I too couldn't make the draft but I came out OK I think?
)

Yeah man I had everything pre ranked and all and still wasn't able to get anything :x Hopefully I can get lucky and pick up a starting running back.

Finley in the sixth was a bit early.

Agreed, but Finley didn't last until the 7th in any of my mocks.

senor chang,

Your WR's are clearly a strength. Enough so that I think you have a solid team for a 12 team league. As far as your RB's, I like both McGahee and Bush, especially for his value near the goaline. I'm not really sure what you can expect for Doug Martin aside from the fact I think the Bucs are going to run and run alot this year. If anything will be a problem, it will be your depth

Thoughts on to improve my roster? I got 9th pick. 12 teams non-ppr.

Pass yards - 20 yards per point

Passing Touchdowns - 5 points

40+ yard passing/rushing/reception touchdowns - 3 points

neg points for field goals missed

Thanks for all of the advice on my other league from a couple pages back.
I just drafted my 2nd money league last night, we've had this league going on for 12 years now and this is by far the best draft I think I've ever had.
All the owners showed up to the live draft, but some of their picks were just ridiculous....smh Andy Dalton in the 3rd round?!?
I consider more than half the league to have a decent understanding of FF, but a couple of these guys were reaching HARD....another one was Victor Cruz in the 1st round, 9th pick overall...smh...
Anyways, tell me what you think, here's who I ended up with:
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery
Just like my other league from a couple pages back, I waited to grab a QB - ended up with Romo and Cutler again. But I think that might be my only weakness, that and Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardsons health being up in the air. Hopefully they are ready to go week one but I doubt it.
This team is :smokin.

how the hell did you both johnsons receiver? you will either win your league or come in a close second

what on earth? that team is ridiculous

12 Team League.  Feedback is appreciated

QB- Phillip Rivers

RB-Arian Foster

RB-Lesean McCoy

WR-Hakeem Nicks

WR-Eric Decker

TE- Tony Gonzalez

WR/RB-Santana Moss

WR/RB-Alshon Jeffery

K-David Akers

DST- NY Jets

B-Mike Tolbert

B-Jacob Tamme

B-Ryan Fitzpatrick

I was able to get McCoy in a trade.  I gave away Julio Jones/Jimmy Ghram/Antonio Brown and Ryan Williams in return for McCoy/Nicks/Gonzalez

Last edited:
Gimme some feedback NT
QB-Peyton Manning
RB1-Darren McFadden
RB2-MJD
WR1-Percy Harvin
WR2 Eric Decker (poor mans wes welker)
TE-Fred Davis
Flex-Frank Gore
D/ST- 49ers
K-Mason Crosby

BE-Titus Young
BE-Big ben
BE-Donald Brown
BE-Lance Moore
BE-Coby Fleener
BE-Braylon Edwards
BE-Russel Wilson

i also should add that there is points for return yardage (reason i took harvin)

Thanks for all of the advice on my other league from a couple pages back.
I just drafted my 2nd money league last night, we've had this league going on for 12 years now and this is by far the best draft I think I've ever had.
All the owners showed up to the live draft, but some of their picks were just ridiculous....smh Andy Dalton in the 3rd round?!?
I consider more than half the league to have a decent understanding of FF, but a couple of these guys were reaching HARD....another one was Victor Cruz in the 1st round, 9th pick overall...smh...
Anyways, tell me what you think, here's who I ended up with:
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Adrian Peterson
W/R - Trent Richardson
K - Garrett Hartley
DEF - Denver Broncos
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Alshon Jeffery
Just like my other league from a couple pages back, I waited to grab a QB - ended up with Romo and Cutler again. But I think that might be my only weakness, that and Adrian Peterson and Trent Richardsons health being up in the air. Hopefully they are ready to go week one but I doubt it.

Either you are in a 1 team league, or you drafted with a bunch of chimps - literally. Your team is ridiculously good. If this is a league for $, consider yourself a little richer.

SunDOOBIE: 7.5/10. Rodgers is obviously the money maker. You went high-risk, high-reward at RB with Matthews and Trent. I'm not high on Richardson as most fantasy gurus. Smith and Decker is solid, not the best I've seen (Ex. Julio and A.J.). Smitty should have a slight dip in numbers IMO. Liking Ridley's value on the bench, just track Vereen as well in case Bill pulls a switch. RG3 could be a potential sleeper for trade bait if he cooks anywhere close to Cam.
rck2sactown: Abbreviation for my username. Not to be confused with Deuce's excessive and sarcastic use of the word in every single thread involving 49ers or ******** conflict.
fraij: Wouldn't be surprised if Philbin moved for Jones. Who knows him better than the former OC. Jones is the goods, minus the excessive drops. Is it concentration, lack of focus? Get that fixed and he's a serious potential top-20 WR in the league.
JordanXI45: 9/10. Excellent squad top to bottom. Why the deduction? Trent's overvalue even with the injury and Dre's injury history. Why the 9-rating? I believe in Romo for fantasy more than most. Megatron is a beast. Bowe on the bench for Dre insurance. Bush excellent RB3. AP is money after Week 3 or so, once Frazier lets him loose. Hope you didn't reach for VD. Think Finley has a better year than him.
atransta: Depends where you got him. MJD is a steal in R3. R2 is still somewhat high value. R1 not so much. He likely won't be traded. A Jennings handcuff is appropriate. Don't get fleeced selling him low to aggressive, shark in the water-type managers.
TennHouse2: 8.5/10. Don't love Malcolm. Wouldn't hold Palmer as a backup QB. Thomas is versatile. Like the Wallace and Harvin combination, especially in PPR formats. Percy is vastly underrated. Also gets rushing stats. I would try to move VD for a RB2 like Gore or Turner. Start Cook at TE. I believe in him in Tennessee.
IMASOLEMAN18: Thanks for refreshing and clarifying. I just meant moving Sid for one of those guys if the manager will bite. I prefer the value of Titus, Moore, and Washington at WR3 for your 14-team squad over Sidney Rice. James Jones might be your sleeper. Could move Jennings to the MJD owner for significantly higher worth.
HybridSoldier23: 6.5/10. 14 teams is pretty deep. MJD will be fine, hopefully by Week 3 or so. QB is a major weakness. Locker is feast or famine but the running numbers should be nice. Receivers solid. Trade Bush to the Forte owner for a QB or RB2. Drop Weeden for a RB/WR.
bhzmafia14: 6/10. I've seen better at WR3 than DHB. If he starts hot, sell him quick while the market strikes. Before Ford and Moore get more targets. Your RB pairing is what has me unconvinced. Burner Turner is on the decline and DeAngelo falls victim to RBBC. Love Washington in the Flex though.
AG 47: Not a horrible offer for MJD, it's expected managers are going to prey on his holdout status to buy him low.
I think your squad posted is fine. I like the back-to-back RB picks actually. Less managers do it nowadays. If DMC stays healthy, that's top-7 talent. Forte top-15. Finley in the sixth was a bit early. Your receivers are above average. Take a deal if the right move presents itself. Staying put isn't the worst option.
JordanShorts23: First squad is 7.5/10. Lots of depth. Could move Vick or Romo. Could upgrade at RB2 over K. Smith who may lose touches as the season progresses. Like your receivers and Fleener as backup TE.
Second squad is 8.5/10. Crazy RB and WR depth but QB is a significant weakness.
The potential trade offer confuses me because I don't see Brandon Marshall on either initial roster for the two teams. Typo?
SuNiversal: I like the first two trade offers for you, but not the third. Marshall for Julio is already close enough. Throwing in Pierre and Winslow is slaughter. Winslow is predicted to be a top-100 fantasy producer. Pierre also. As a Flex, RB3. Could be a patchwork RB2 if needed for bye or injuries.
JJs07: Not loving Santonio as a WR3. I blame Sanchez and Tebow mostly for that. I'd try to move Schaub to a manager that's desperate for QB (Flacco owner). Wilson to the Bradshaw owner at higher value.

Cru - I traded Rodger/Wilson for Cutler/Fitzgerald/Wells

High risk, high reward. Love rolling the dice.

12 Team Auction League, 6pts for all tds (passing, rec, rush)

QB Aaron Rodgers - 57
RB Chris Johnson -49
RB Peyton Hillis - 13
WR A.J. Green - 28
WR DeSean Jackson -7
TE Jermichael Finley -11
FLEX Pierre Garcon - 8
D/ST Patriots D/ST - 1
K Dan Bailey - 1
BE Donald Brown - 8
BE Mikel Leshoure -6
BE Brandon LaFell -2
BE Isaiah Pead -2
BE Taiwan Jones - 1
BE LeGarrette Blount - 5
BE Randy Moss - 1

thoughts?

HE WHO COOKS
QB Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
WR Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
WR Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
WR Titus Young (Det - WR)
RB Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
RB Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
TE Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
W/R Doug Martin (TB - RB)
K Mason Crosby (GB - K)
DEF New England (NE - DEF)
D Javier Arenas (KC - CB)
BN Randy Moss (SF - WR)
BN Roy Helu (Was - RB)
BN Jared Cook (Ten - TE)
BN Laurent Robinson (Jac - WR)
BN Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
BN Earl Bennett (Chi - WR)
BN Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
BN Kansas City (KC - DEF)

I really like my squad when you consider I had 8th pick +autodraft. if Shanahan ever stops dicking around and let the boy Roy cook I think I would have the best backfield. a lot of guys I drafted are getting praised early on in camp and preseason so things are looking good.

16 Team League. PPR. 6 Pts. TD

QB: T.Romo
RB: A. Foster
WR: J. Nelson
WR: A. Brown
TE: B. Pettigrew
FLX: M. Ingram
FLX: T. Young
K: R. Bironas
DEF: Cowboys

Bench:
1. A. Dalton
2. E. Royster
3. M. Lewis
4. D. Keller
5. L. Naanee
6. S.D. Def

What do you guys think? Anyone I should go after or switch? Any feedback is much appreciated

Last edited:
16 Team League. PPR. 6 Pts. TD
QB: T.Romo
RB: A. Foster
WR: J. Nelson
WR: A. Brown
TE: B. Pettigrew
FLX: M. Ingram
FLX: T. Young
K: R. Bironas
DEF: Cowboys
Bench:
1. A. Dalton
2. E. Roysert
3. M. Lewis
4. D. Keller
5. L. Naanee
6. S.D. Def
What do you guys think? Anyone I should go after or switch? Any feedback is much appreciated
Surprisingly good team for a 16-teamer. I can't even tell you where you should look to upgrade. Great job drafting, especially Pettigrew.

10 team league, QB 6pt TDs I picked 5th
How did I do?
I know I'm weak at RB but do you guys think my receivers will make up for it?
Or should I try to trade for a RB (dudes in my league super stingy)
I also went Megatron first instead of Lasean Mccoy and I hope it doesnt come back to haunt me......
QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Megatron
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Benjarvis green ellis
TE: Tony Gonzales
W/R: Wes Welker
K: Gostkowksi
DEF: Detroit
My Bench:
Cedric Benson
Tony Romo
Santanna Moss
Shonn Greene
Justin Blackmon
Greg Olsen
Megaton over an RB was probably a mistake in a ten teamer, but you have good depth at WR so you might be able to work something. Try to flip Andre + Bradshaw for a good RB (good luck if the other managers are stingy like you said). There's plenty of depth at WR you can probably snag someone off the WW after a week or two, especially in a ten teamer, plus like i said I like the depth you already have

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom