2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

As a Ben Tate owner I'm wishing horrible things on the knee of Arian Foster

:smh:

:lol:

With that being said...Tate vs MIA or Bush vs Indy as my flex. Originally pegged Bush as my starter but with Foster a GTD I'm thinking Tate might be the better play

Last edited:
@AG 47 who should I replace? I originally had Fred at FLEX but thought DJX would be better.

EDIT: Nevermind, just replaced RB Williams with Fred.

Last edited:
FRESH: Stevie on the bench is super strong, but left you weak at RB3.

Buc Em: Quizz won't be a better option than Burner Turner, but I'd initially try drafting another RB instead of Turner. 1,160 yards with 8-9 TDs, dip from last season.

Quizz's value may be highest in PPR formats. Third-down reps and we know Matty Ice likes to check-down. Perhaps Quizz can be a poor man's Darren Sproles.

LEFTCOASTIN: Gore. I could see Jennings posting 60 rushing yards, no TDs.

djkaos23: DHB, Torrey, Washington, Amendola in that order.

I'd only insert Washington if you're willing to risk Week 1, like I often am.

JC04: MV7 would be a significant, more consistent and predictable option and upgrade at QB for you, but not for DeMarco. Especially after the strong start we saw in the second-half from Murray against the G-Men. Vick has injury concerns because he refuses to give up on plays and often gets hit late (uncalled).

No deal.

SneakerPro: That's exactly what I'm thinking. Locker is not completely trustworthy but if Tennessee is forced to air it out nearly 35 times, Washington and Cook will get the most looks with Wright sprinkled in occasionally. Demaryius is obviously the conventional start, Washington the risky one with potential reward.

Smokey1212: I would also start Demaryius like I just said if I was playing it safe, but Peyton will prefer Decker and target him more. Taking away from Thomas' looks.

BodaDeezDoe: Lloyd. Reunited with McDaniels and will cook with Brady at QB. Welker and Gronk help spread the field.

@AG 47 who should I replace? I originally had Fred at FLEX but thought DJX would be better.
EDIT: Nevermind, just replaced RB Williams with Fred.

Good move, I'm doing the same with Fred in a couple leagues.

FlyerThanDelta: I assume your meaning is to start both Sproles and Trent as your two RBs. Richardson's been practicing and good to go. Philly's run defense is improved but Trent still should get yards. Wouldn't be completely surprised if he touched 100 on the ground. If that's the case, Decker, Young, and Ced in that order for your Flex.

I'd start D-Jax, Garcon, Demaryius, Blackmon in that order.

No way for Randy. He should never start over Torrey Smith. Ry Williams is an interesting one because Beanie is questionable. I'd still start Trent regardless but it's closer if Beanie sits and Ry starts.

I'm low on Demaryius this week but I probably wouldn't start a backup in Michael Bush over him, even against the Colts.

Proshares: Donald Brown. See him getting a large number of touches on the ground and through the air on swing passes, check-downs, etc.

Definitely Torrey. I might take a shot on MJD because Ingram is fairly limited in a PPR. So Ingram for the safe, conventional play. MJD for risk, potential high reward.

Fred Jackson, easily. Ced is not getting yards against GB. I'd be shocked if he posts over 50 on the ground.

JEWSEEJAY: I would take the Ryan and Gonzalez side in a heartbeat. Gonzalez is a very underrated fantasy TE, can be had relatively cheap based on ADP.

No, I don't advocate holding three QBs but do it for trade bait. I wouldn't drop Cutler this year.

diewitsjames: RB should be Ronnie, Tate, MJD, Peterson in that order. Could take a risk and start Tate despite splitting carries with Foster. Brown is starting but he loses reps to Brinkley.

Meachem and Tamme in the Flex positions.

MMG: Perfect to me. Leave it and trust in your team.

JPZx: Not sure if serious.

I'd go Toby, Rashad, and MJD in that order. Don't love either of the first two but you don't really have a choice for Week 1.

You could risk starting Tate over Toby and Rashad.

parada45: Start Harvin for the conventional play. Brown will have other weeks to cook, upon further thought and analysis.

Proshares: Truth. Most managers don't realize Washington's worth. WR sleeper.

AG 47: I'm easily taking Trent over Ahmad this year based on amount of carries Cleveland will put on Richardson and no fear of a backup taking reps (Browns).

parada45: Word from Shurmur is that Trent is fit and ready to go as the starter. Philly defense a fairly favorable run match-up based on last year's atrocities.

Maliz: Aaron Rodgers is a must-start every week regardless of format or match-up. I recognize SF's defensive prowess, but Rodgers is one of maybe three or four fantasy players that can post 25+ fantasy points relatively easily on any given week. Foster, Rice, Megatron, Brady, and Brees the only others within the same realm.

Insert Fred Jackson for DeAngelo immediately.

I would start Jordy (or A. Brown) over D-Jax in the Flex. Wealth of WR options.

Stringer Bell 32: Arian Foster is officially listed as a "game-time decision." Questionable with the knee. Brooks Reed a game-time decision as well.

FlyerThanDelta: I assume your meaning is to start both Sproles and Trent as your two RBs. Richardson's been practicing and good to go. Philly's run defense is improved but Trent still should get yards. Wouldn't be completely surprised if he touched 100 on the ground. If that's the case, Decker, Young, and Ced in that order for your Flex.

I'd start D-Jax, Garcon, Demaryius, Blackmon in that order.

No way for Randy. He should never start over Torrey Smith. Ry Williams is an interesting one because Beanie is questionable. I'd still start Trent regardless but it's closer if Beanie sits and Ry starts.

I'm low on Demaryius this week but I probably wouldn't start a backup in Michael Bush over him, even against the Colts.

Proshares: Donald Brown. See him getting a large number of touches on the ground and through the air on swing passes, check-downs, etc.

Definitely Torrey. I might take a shot on MJD because Ingram is fairly limited in a PPR. So Ingram for the safe, conventional play. MJD for risk, potential high reward.

Fred Jackson, easily. Ced is not getting yards against GB. I'd be shocked if he posts over 50 on the ground.

Aight champ I can dig that

DeAngelo Williams or Darren Sproles at the flex?
Pick two WRs: Wes Welker, Steve Johnson, Eric Decker?

I am trying to decide the same between Williams and Sproles. Think Stewart might see limited action so expecting DeAngelo to take the bulk of the load this week. Probably start him over Sproles.

As for your 2nd I would play Stevie or Wes. Stevie has had good games against the Jets in the past.

J. Stewart listed as doubleful down in CAR for sunday

not only with Clark Missing but Harrison is listed as doubtful for DEN, secondary missin a piece + pass rush denver WRs looking better and better

How much are you guys taking into consideration Arian Foster leaving practice early/not practicing reports?

Just playing it safe or is this last year all over again??

Pick one. Standard league, no PPR.

Trent Richardson vs. Phi
Donald Brown vs. Chi
Bernie Wells vs. Sea

I want to start Richardson but I'm worried how many carries he gets even if he plays. I just don't like my other two options.

Last edited:
How much are you guys taking into consideration Arian Foster leaving practice early/not practicing reports?
Just playing it safe or is this last year all over again??

i think playing it safe, our first 2 games are against a lackluster opponents ( MIA / JAG )

plus we have a very good back up in Tate.

Pick one. Standard league, no PPR.
Trent Richardson vs. Phi
Donald Brown vs. Chi
Bernie Wells vs. Sea
I want to start Richardson but I'm worried how many carries he gets even if he plays. I just don't like my other two options.

Bernie is doubtful / questionable for Sea

Trent hasnt played and is going up againest a revamped Eagles DLine

Honestly i would start Brown, alot of check downs / dump passes

nate washington vs NE

demaryius thomas vs pit
justin blackmon @min

choose 1 for a standard league

D. Thomas at Pit

Clark is out so that leaves a hole in the middle of the field, and Harrison is doubtful, That takes pressure off the rush.

I like Wright and to an extent Hillis cause you know he'll get goal line carries but got the upside with Kendall Wright

Anyone else high on Matt Ryan this season? Julio Jones expected to have a breakout year. You still have Roddy White & Tony Gonzalez. Michael Turner on the downfall.

i don't think anybody is down on Matt Ryan 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom