2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Just made a trade I'm pretty happy about:

Mike Wallace + Greg Little for Aaron Hernandez + Jeremy Maclin

(I got Victor Cruz and Wes Welker at WR)

I'm not sure who to start in my flex though, Shonn Greene (vs. Buf) or Jeremy Maclin (@Clev)? (Frank Gore and Matt Forte at my starting RB's).

I'm not sure who to start in my flex though, Shonn Greene (vs. Buf) or Jeremy Maclin (@Clev)? (Frank Gore and Matt Forte at my starting RB's).

You got the better end of the deal IMO, start Maclin, jets online / offense is :x

If Roethlisberger can't play tomorrow I'll need someone to start in the OP slot. It's a choice between Danny Amendola, Kendall Wright, or Cedric Benson. I'm leaning toward Wright since he'll be getting the start with Britt being suspended. He looked good in preseason. Any input (PPR league)?

Last edited:

Maclin has 11 TDs in his last 14 road games.

Icy ESR Two3: Sproles, racks up ridiculous receiving numbers for a RB.

Welker and Decker. I feel Wes is almost a must-start every week. Decker will be Peyton's go-to.

airblaster503: Sproles over DeAngelo, again. Schiano locking down defensively in Tampa. The personnel is good enough. Personally don't see Williams going off.

SJSneakerhead: That's what makes Tate so valuable as a legitimate handcuff/RB2. Foster out of practice is probably precaution. The knee injury is believed to be minor but that's why I had Rice ranked #1 overall on my board. More reliable in my opinion.

diewitsjames: Washington, Demaryius, Blackmon in that order.

bbllplaya: Trent, Brown, Beanie in that order. Start Brown if you're truly worried about Richardson, but he should get the bulk in Cleveland.

rck2sactown: I'd go Young, Hillis, Wright in that order.

Crazy Flip NYC: Matty Ice a very good fantasy QB in terms of value in relation to ADP. Hope he takes more down-field risks with Julio instead of always checking-down short and safely.

Swap DeAngelo for Marshawn until it's confirmed by PC that Lynch is suiting up and playing.

parada45: Richardson, Tate, Ry Williams, Law Firm, Turbin in that order. Ry Williams may start for the questionable Beanie. Tate may get more of a workload because of Foster's knee. Trent still my guy, legitimate RB2, possible RB1. Verdict still out.

batman12481: Insert Jennings until news changes positively on Lynch.

JPZx: I did answer in an earlier post.

Toby, Rashad, MJD. Not thrilled about the first two at all in terms of Week 1 production as temporary starters.

hymen man: Definitely Richardson as RB1. Toby, Jennings, AP in that order for RB2.

BodaDeezDoe: Lloyd the easy start because of McDaniels.

EAGLE 0N: Donald Brown. Much better receiver. Hillman ready to take Willis' spot in the next year or so.

MrSneakerman: BPA. Make sure you get a RB on the double down like Forte or Charles. Could go Stafford if available with one of your picks. Too early for receiver unless Fitz falls.

Mr Brown: Both good options but I'd say DHB because he's a deep-threat and Luck is a rookie QB. DHB taking most targets with Ford and Moore returning back to full-health.

akademikgenius: Reggie even though Houston is a stout defense. Don't like Brown's fantasy numbers as the MNF starter.

Colston's a game-time decision. What other options do you have?

KrazyChino: Big Ben. Sophomore slump for Dalton even with the A.J. connection. Tough Week 1 match-up also. I see the Steelers beating Ben. I think they do so with Redman on the ground and through the air with Brown and Wallace. I know Ben said he would miss a game for the birth of his child but wouldn't put complete stock in that occurring.

The Dauqs: Pierre for me. Severely underrated. Can run and catch.

bobbyphills: I'd start both to be honest. Can you sit someone? K. Smith slightly over Greene against STL match-up.

Raider5: Good trade. I'd do that deal also. I'd start Greene over Gore and Maclin in the Flex.

akademikgenius: If Colston can't go (check back in the morning), conventional wisdom says start V-Jax but I believe in Young despite the risk.

Nickthestick91: You have to go Wright or Amendola. Ced gets nothing in PPR especially against SF. Wright is the sleeper with Britt out but Amendola produces in PPR formats on four-to-five yard short routes. Plus Rams forced to pass against Detroit. Regardless, start Wright.

Buc Em: Garcon unless Foster can't go. Basically wouldn't start Tate over Garcon unless he's the Houston starter.

Jeremy Maclin Owners: Insert him into all your starting lineups. D-Jax is drawing Haden all game. Mac9 going against an aging Sheldon Brown. No excuse for anything short of exceptional numbers.

Don't drop anyone for Blackmon.

If you start Week 2, that's dodging a bullet with Romo and Murray's numbers. Should be a close, good Week 2 match-up.

Champ, when do you think it'll be best to use Foster/Tate in the same lineup? Also Shonn Greene is on waivers...do I pull the trigger?
nerd.gif

Can't wait for tomorrow, almost feels like Christmas! I just set the final touches for my lineup this week...LETS GET IT!!

QB- Roethlisbergere (I like Flacco's matchup vs Cincy, but I'll play it safe I guess)

RB- Foster

RB2- McFadden

FLEX- A. Brown

WR- Jones

WR2- Harvin

TE- Tamme

K- Prater

BN- B. Green Ellis

BN- B. Tate

BN- D. Heyward-Bey

BN- F. Davis

Any last min adjustments I should make?

Track Big Ben's status. He's scaring everyone saying he would miss a SNF game to attend the birth of his son.

Everything else looks good to me.

I would add Greene but the only droppable options on your roster are DHB or Davis, both quality.

Ideally you won't ever have to use Foster and Tate together based on your squad's strength. Unfortunately you may have to use Tate as a RB2 if/when Foster goes down. But that's what the strong handcuff is for. Arian's knee is a minor concern but it could grow as he carries the football more, including wear-and-tear from the regular season grind. You could trade him for a monster package and hold Tate.

Need a lil help, have to pick one of these guys:

Mark Ingram
Reggie Bush
Dwayne Bowe

I was leaning towards Ingram v. the Skins, hoping he gets the goal line carries. I think my second choice would be Bowe.

What do you guys think? who gets the nod? Thx in advance.

Bowe, Bush, Ingram in that order. You can't purely bank on Ingram goal-line TDs as a reason to start because of Jimmy's effectiveness in the red-zone. NO aren't afraid to pass any down, any situation. I mean go with it if that's truly your hunch. I could justify Ingram over Bush based on the Houston match-up, but not Ingram over a WR1 for KC in Bowe.

Both. Can you start one in the Flex?

Charles safer option than Martin, but sharing backfield with Hillis.

Who would you guys start in a flex option S. Ridley, Antonio Brown, Torrey Smith? Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom