2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Raiders offense just sucks. Every pass attempt was either in between the numbers or to the flats. DMC could have easily been lit up 5 times because of those plays to the flats.

who do you all think are the top waiver adds of the week? And in what order?

IMO

1. Morris

2. R. Cobb

3. McCluster

4. Ogletree

5. S. Hill

Raiders offense just sucks. Every pass attempt was either in between the numbers or to the flats. DMC could have easily been lit up 5 times because of those plays to the flats.

one thing was made crystal clear to me after this game.

Denarius Moore is the Oakland receiver to own, DHB's upside is directly connected to Moore's presence.

When Moore is in the game, opposing defenses cannot just hone in on DHB.

Even Streater's preseason ascension was a result of defenses respecting Moore.

Also his presence makes it harder for opposing defenses to stack the box against DMC. I fully expect this Oakland offense to improve over the course of the season, they simply did not look to be on the same page. I saw Palmer literally grabbing DHB like a child between plays, yelling at the kid. Moore comes back I expect DMC to start breaking off even bigger plays (scary, right?) and I expect DHB to start finding himself in single-coverage situations (where he excels).

He faced a lot of bracket coverage tonight.

Last edited:
who do you all think are the top waiver adds of the week? And in what order?

IMO

1. Morris
2. R. Cobb
3. McCluster
4. Ogletree
5. S. Hill

I'd help you, but you're in my league.

>D

you got it right

Last edited:
BTW...

The Associated Press reports that Greg Jennings' status for Thursday night's game against the Bears is "unclear" due to a groin injury.
The short week really isn't going to help. Coach Mike McCarthy revealed in his Monday presser that Jennings exited Sunday's loss late in the fourth quarter with the injury and "didn't feel very good" afterwards. McCarthy did say Jennings felt better on Monday, but there are no guarantees for banged-up players on four-day weeks. Keep an eye on Jennings' practice workloads, if he even gets any before Thursday Night Football. If Jennings missed the game, the Packers would turn to James Jones as the starter opposite Jordy Nelson. Randall Cobb would continue to play a prominent role as a slot receiver and third-down back.

James Jones is looking like a nice spot start if Jennings can't play.

That said, Cobb IMO, is the WW WR flavor of the week. Ogletree, Hill, McCluster are better deep-league PPR pick-ups more-so than standard 10-team fliers.

I'd help you, but you're in my league.
grin.gif

you got it right
hahaha and i got dibs on waivers 

hahaha and i got dibs on waivers 

My silly *** dropped Morris for Dwyer in our league, lol. All along I believed in the kid, I just felt that Shanny was going to get me.

That said, he seems to really like this kid. Congrats to you if you land him. I honestly believe he has potential to be the WW pick-up of the season, if he was coming from a bigger program, this kid would've been a highly touted prospect coming out of college.

Glad I do own him in my big money keeper league, pretty shallow pickings over there. Whew....

lol i feel u. i dropped McCluster in my big money ppr league, knowing he would have a big role in that offense. IDK too much about this Alfred guy. But im hearing he's the right fit for Shannys one cut scheme. And Shanny has turned late round picks like Terrell Davis, and Mike Anderson into studs in year one... so we'll have to wait and see. 

lol i feel u. i dropped McCluster in my big money ppr league, knowing he would have a big role in that offense. IDK too much about this Alfred guy. But im hearing he's the right fit for Shannys one cut scheme. And Shanny has turned late round picks like Terrell Davis, and Mike Anderson into studs in year one... so we'll have to wait and see. 

Trust me, if Shanny sticks with him you'll get solid production. He's no RB1, but he's a solid RB2 in that system. I was high on the kid all pre-season, had him in all my leagues but as the season approached I dropped him in a couple after news broke that Royster was starting.

The thing is, it's one thing to own a 'Skins RB, it's another to actually have the courage to start a 'Skins RB. But like I said, it's rare that Shanny gives a clear-cut endorsement like....

******** coach Mike Shanahan endorsed Alfred Morris as his starting running back Monday.
"Alfred right now is our starting running back," Shanahan said. In Shanny-speak, that means Morris is in line for zero carries in Week 2. Kidding aside, not even Shanahan will be able to pull a fast one after Morris rushed for 96 yards on 28 carries in Sunday's win, and generally looked at home in the ********' zone-blocking scheme. With Roy Helu and Evan Royster both waiting in the wings, Morris remains a tenuous long-term investment, but he seems likely to lead Washington's backfield n carries in Week 2 against the Rams. Sep 10 - 3:26 PM

I gotta stop talking to you about this or else I'll have to ban myself from the league for collusion.

Last edited:
Joe Flacco....

Might ascend to QB1 territory. This is coming from a Flacco detractor.

10-team leaguers, if he's on your wire, he shouldn't be (I'm looking at YOU Vick owners.....say hello to your contingency plan if you don't already have one).

Last edited:
Morris - RB1, he had 28 carries including all of the goal line work, Helu and Royster did nothing
Ogletree - Romo likes to spread the ball around.not really sold on him yet but his production in week one is hard to ignore, a great sell high if you manage to claim him
Hill - starting WR, he'll have inconsistent yardage game to game but will have some TD's just based on size and athleticism
Cobb - not sold yet, I think the 49ers' D had a lot to do with his # of targets by taking away looks from Jennings/Nelson
McCluster - more of a PPR league pick up, he won't have many TD's, maybe match his career total of 3?

i won by two points no thanks to the bills defense and david wilson bringing in a womping -4 points ...........................

in better news i have c.j spiller on the bench very happy to replace david wilson.

malcom floyd , alshon jeffreys and albert morris are free agents so i put in for all of them would be happy if i get any

game ball goes to my four headed monster tony romo , julio jones , lesean mccoy and jimmy graham

Last edited:
should i drop d.moore and pick up cobb? the only reason why im thinking this is because of the QB situation

I know the Bengals have a light schedule the next few games but their defense looked putrid last night.

Should I pick up Browns defense (they play toucher schedule but they are better defensively) or Bengals defense?

I also need a RB to replace someone.....availables on waiver are:

Alfred Morris
CJ Spiller
Kevin Smitgh
Michael Bush
Marcus Thigpen
Donald Brown

Last edited:
Fred Jackson getting hurt really killed my team. My other RB's are McGahee, Beanie Wells, Issac Redman, Kendall Hunter :x:x

Should I pick up Dwyer off waivers? I got #4 in waiver claims.. Not sure if I should wait it out or pick him up. There are literally no other RB's in free agency.

I know the Bengals have a light schedule the next few games but their defense looked putrid last night.

Should I pick up Browns defense (they play toucher schedule but they are better defensively) or Bengals defense?

I also need a RB to replace someone.....availables on waiver are:

Alfred Morris
CJ Spiller
Kevin Smitgh
Michael Bush
Marcus Thigpen
Donald Brown

Spiller
bush
Morris

In that order

Fred is done for the next 3 Weeks, if you can get Spiller / Bush that would be great, Bush is the TD machine in the end zone

should i drop d.moore and pick up cobb? the only reason why im thinking this is because of the QB situation
Whats your WR corp looking like? I believe you mentioned earlier that your in a 10-team league - You should have decent depth if thats the case, and I would only look to DMo or Cobb as matchup/flex options.

But if your hell bent on choosing between the two - I'd rather have DMo in a standard scoring league and Cobb in PPR. Also, if return yards count definitely consider Cobb.

Vernon Davis vs Denver or Tony Gonzalez vs Lions?

Leaning more towards Tony since Falcons play at home again and Matty Ice is more accurate

Back
Top Bottom