2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

651 I understand that but when a guy is thin at RB has a glut at WR and I offer a trade that helps both teams and he doesn't at least counter offer or even make a comment it bores me to tears. nO one posts any smack talk whatsoever even when I disrespect their mother. This is Nt I thought we knew how to have fun?? Let's make this interesting man this is terrible seriously

Browns are better defensive but Cincy has a very light schedule next few games, who should I stick with?

Browns are better defensive but Cincy has a very light schedule next few games, who should I stick with?

dont use last nights game as a measuring stick. Cincy had a top 10 defense last year and will again this year. Flacco was just on fire.

dont use last nights game as a measuring stick. Cincy had a top 10 defense last year and will again this year. Flacco was just on fire.

I can't go wrong with either defense, both are paying very well, but Browns are better club defensively imo (and they face off this week). Should I pick up Cincy instead, their schedule is very light next 4games.

Last edited:
Pick 1.

MJD vs Houston.
Alfred Morris @ STL.

Only reason I ask is because I feel Houston will get up early... and while I know MJD is a pass-catching back, it'll stay take away from his touches on the ground if they fall behind.

This
In the first few weeks I'm not trading anybody.

See this is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. It's got dang fantasy football what are you scared for. unless its a money league you have nothing to lose. There's only one winner so odds are ur gonna lose anyway might as well make it interesting. I offered a guy spiller for Vick he starts stafford and Fred Jackson with rg3 on the bench bet he regrets that one. The nt basketball league was the same way I don't think there were any trades the whole season and guys were scared to drop their players so I was the main one active on waivers. I won the league I did have first pick in the draft but at least 60 percent of my team was from waivers by the time it was said and done. I would have lost if anybody would have accepted my boneheaded trade proposals I tried to trade tony Parker like 5 times:lol: at least post some smack talk that's all I ask I'm starting to get heated now :lol:

Last edited:
MJD. I couldn't sit him for Alfred Morris, regardless of the matchup.

This and Texas run defense was a little shaky against the Phins, MJD is gonna get his yards, Gabbert heads gonna be spinning

I can't go wrong with either defense, both are paying very well, but Browns are better club defensively imo (and they face off this week). Should I pick up Cincy instead, their schedule is very light next 4games.

Browns may have good defense but I wouldn't trust them just because their offense is so terrible. They worked vick because his line is awful did you hear him try to motivate them on the sidelines it was both funny and sad at once :lol: Give the other team enough chances and field position and they'll make any defense look bad and don't forget Haden is gone for 4 weeks plus off that adder all so he might Not be the same caliber of player

Last edited:
I have waiver priority I'm eyeing Morris and R.Matthews not sure what to go with.

As said before, Shany rotates RB like we change sneakers, Mathews is the clear number 1 guy and provides receps out the backfield.... matthews

This
In the first few weeks I'm not trading anybody.

See this is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. It's got dang fantasy football what are you scared for. unless its a money league you have nothing to lose. There's only one winner so odds are ur gonna lose anyway might as well make it interesting. The nt basketball league was the same way I don't think there were any trades the whole season and guys were scared to drop their players so I was the main one active on waivers. I won the league I did have first pick in the draft but at least 60 percent of my team was from waivers by the time it was said and done. I would have lost if anybody would have accepted my boneheaded trade proposals I tried to trade tony Parker like 5 times:lol: at least post some smack talk that's all I ask I'm starting to get heated now :lol:

I don't play unless money is on the line.

I'm really confident in how I draft so until someone proves they suck I ain't trading them unless I have a surplus. Last year I had Rodgers and Stafford tried to trade Stafford after week 2 and nobody bit all year.

The number 4 player in our league sat on my bench all year because folks were scared.

A guy in my league wants to trade for rg3. Any one has a price he said except rice. Any advice would be appreciated.

His original thoughs were eli and owen daniels

His team

Eli Manning
Victor Cruz
Steve Smith
Ray Rice
Kevin Smith
Vernon Davis
Ronnie Brown
Darren Sproles
Toby Gerhart
Reggie Wayne
Matt Schaub
Santana Moss
Owen Daniels

My Team

Tony Romo
Jordy Nelson
Stevie Johnson
Darren McFadden
Reggie Bush
Greg Olsen
Marshawn Lynch
Kenny Britt
Robert Griffin III
Jacquizz Rodgers
Robert Meachem
Randall Cobb
Randy Moss

My weakness is TE i guess but to give up RG3 i would want more than a TE.

League rules

Offense League Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Sacks -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns 3
40+ Yard Rushing Touchdowns 3
40+ Yard Reception Touchdowns 3

Kickers League Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams League Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Timeless Flight: I'm a bit surprised Torrey only had two receptions last night. Even more so that Q and Pitta got the TDs. Smith should be fine rest of the season as Flacco's down-field deep-threat.

diewitsjames: Don't get down on Fitz. He has top-2 WR potential right after Megatron even with Kolb and Skelton. Julio is pushing him in fantasy though.

SneakerHeathen: Had a feeling Denarius wouldn't be ready for Week 1. He kept downplaying the injury which led me to believe it was worse than he (Moore) was leading on to the public.

THE SAUNA: Moreno or Kendall Hunter. I like Hunter better. He's a change-of-pace back for SF, value higher with Jacobs out.

SneakerPro: I feel bad if you trusted my admittedly risky recommendation for Nate over Demaryius. Washington still even got a TD, but the 71-yard Thomas touchdown made the difference.

michael0360: That kind of bench depth will help you win the league when injuries amass and bye weeks hit.

Mez One: Look at that. Worked out perfectly then, bro. Shocked he got a rushing TD on Baltimore's D.

kinda wanna flip WR. Larry Fitzgerald...

would you guyz recommend hanging on to him for a few games.. see if offense picks up over in AZ.

mikejs210: I like the Denver match-up better at the Georgia Dome for Matty Ice better. SF contained Aaron Rodgers somewhat, arguably the best Q in the league.

SneakerHeathen: I'm surprised by Pitta's targets, in the red-zone as well. I need another week before Pitta proves he's the TE favorite over Dickson in Cam's new uptempo offense.

Casey was a good player at Rice. I believe Houston sometimes utilizes him as a H-back.

EAGLE 0N: Take that deal, mainly because of D. Bowe. He has top-30 PPR potential even with Cassel leading the KC offense. Technically Bowe had no camp or practice leading up to the regular season, so Week 1 was a pass for him.

Illonaire2006: CJ2K, Spiller, Sproles, Law Firm, DeAngelo in that order for me. Sproles isn't fully healthy, I don't care what he tells the public (media).

I don't think Matthews plays. If so, very limited. So take him out of the equation. Charles, MJD, Bradshaw, Martin, Law Firm.

airblaster503: Tried my best to warn you guys that Ronnie Brown isn't a reliable fantasy option even as a temporary starter. Didn't show me enough in his short time in Philly as a backup.

YoungTriz: Moore could have more value once he's fully healthy, but you could be proactive and drop him for Cobb now. Then add Moore once he's 100% and performing again. Wouldn't start him over Lloyd though. Don't trust his numbers that much despite the targets in Week 1.

Michael Bush has goal-line value, Alfred Morris temporary value in Washington, Pierre Thomas/Mark Ingram can be had cheaply, Dwyer a potential handcuff to Redman that could eventually steal the starting job.

GSDOUBLEU: That'd be fine. I prefer Ogletree to Amendola. Amendola only has considerable value in PPR formats. He doesn't rack up yards or TDs.

Elpablo21: Went to bed early, but heard Gates had a couple golden TD opportunities. True?

Back
Top Bottom