2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

The thing about the Lions (good or bad) is that to win, they have to throw. They don't have a running game to lean on. No RB of McGahee's caliber. So Stafford will be throwing it at least 35 times a game. Granted, game 1 that didn't workout for Matt, but he does have the best WR in the game.
I think I'd pull the trigger on that one. Especially if it's just for Peyton straight up.

That's the thing...see in this league, even if Manning had the better Week 1, Stafford still racked up more Fantasy Points coz of the 0.5 points per completion.

The only thing that scares me with Stafford are injury concerns (him + Megatron w/ Madden Curse lol)...but as of now, i'm leaning towards pulling the trigger and getting Carson Palmer as my backup QB.

Dude in my league (standard) just offered me Aaron Hernandez and Trent Richardson for Gronk and Michael Bush. I accept no question, right? Gronk and Hernandez will come out with relatively similar stats and Richardson is a pretty nice upgrade at RB.

I've been the question king in the thread today :lol:.

EDIT: No deal. I jumped the gun on myself. I already have Antonio Gates so I'd rather try and get a better RB or WR for Gronk.

Last edited:
Pick a WR and Flex.

Trent Richardson vs. Cin
Jeremy Maclin vs. Bal
Greg Jennings vs. Chi
Randall Cobb vs. Chi
Donald Brown vs. Min
David Wilson vs. TB
Ryan Mathews vs. Ten
Sidney Rice vs. Dal

Standard, non PPR league.

And which one of those guys would you drop for the Pats D? I have the Seahawks but I don't want to start them this week. Just don't know if I should drop anyone, maybe Rice? I'd like to hold on to Wilson if possible.

Thanks guys.

have the niners D, but don't like it against detroit.

thinking of picking up bengals(against weeden), cowboys(against seattle), or chargers(banged up locker and CJ looking weak)

opinions?

Dude in my league (standard) just offered me Aaron Hernandez and Trent Richardson for Gronk and Michael Bush. I accept no question, right? Gronk and Hernandez will come out with relatively similar stats and Richardson is a pretty nice upgrade at RB.

Eh not as sure thing as it may seem. I do think Hernandez is in for a big year, and Gronk will regress, but Gronk is still better of the two. Trent is an upgrade at RB, but he's frail, and Michael Bush could get serious work in the red zone for the Bears (plus Forte is fragile himself). If Trent can stay healthy tho, its a sure thing

Last edited:
I have Brandn Llyod and DeAngelo Williams starting at WR and Flex, should I send them to the bench for Nate Washington and pick up either Stephen Hill / James Jone / Andrew Hawkins? Any advice they didnt give me anything week one.

I also have Jay Cutler on the bench should I see what trade options I have for him?

alright NT fam, i got Sproles@Car, Trent Richardson@Cin and Michael Bush@GB.  pick 2

I'm leaning towards sproles and richardson

About to trade Matt Ryan, Ray Rice and Brandon Lloyd for Stafford, Megatron and Darren Sproles

Its risky but such is life.

flex
brandon lloyd/albert morris/malcom floyd/alshon jeffery

greenbays defense is beyond week and they have a short week + have to
gameplan for brandon marshall because he's a high reception receiver....im 
leaning towards alshon jefferey
Lloyd stands out for me especially if Welker draws PP. Morris is a third or fourth option only because of the way Shanny handles RBs. Jeffery second, see Thursday night being a high-scoring affair (shootout). Floyd I still don't trust to be a consistent fantasy receiver.

i have 2 DEF (NYG & GB) on my team, should i hold onto 2 DEF this season or drop one of them? same with kickers, i have gostowski and hartley in a league, should i just drop one of them?

also, is brandon lafell worth stashing in a PPR league? steve smith is having knee issues
Yes, LaFell is worth stashing in PPR. Second best receiving option behind Smitty.

I'd drop GB DEF. Way too many yards allowed.

I'd keep Gostkowski over Hartley personally. He's top-4 with Jano, Akers, and Crosby.

Was able to take McCluster for david wilson and alfred morris for beanie wells off the waivers.
I'm unsure of who to start at QB this week though: Cam or RG3
Cam for me. RG3 posted numbers against a mediocre New Orleans DEF that Cam is facing this weekend. Cam is the better runner than RG3. RG3 may miss out on Garcon with the foot injury. STL's DEF improved by Fisher.

I'm being offered his Matthew Stafford for my Peyton Manning....i'm 50-50...what do y'all think?
settings are 0.5 per completion, 1 point per 25 yards, 6 per TD, -1 per INT...
and who's a good backup QB to get?? I'm only carrying Manning on my roster at the moment...
Accept that immediately. Stafford is a top-5 fantasy QB, Peyton is not.

Good backups to potentially target are Schaub, Flacco, and Josh Freeman.

The thing about the Lions (good or bad) is that to win, they have to throw. They don't have a running game to lean on. No RB of McGahee's caliber. So Stafford will be throwing it at least 35 times a game. Granted, game 1 that didn't workout for Matt, but he does have the best WR in the game.
I think I'd pull the trigger on that one. Especially if it's just for Peyton straight up.
Not to mention the Megatron factor. Titus Young ready to breakout. Pettigrew a legitimate TE threat. Burleson still has some left in the tank.

EDIT: No deal. I jumped the gun on myself. I already have Antonio Gates so I'd rather try and get a better RB or WR for Gronk.
That's close but not quite enough for Gronk, especially if you selected him second-round. I would move Gronk or Gates though for further value.

Plus Michael Bush has value as a goal-line back now in Chicago.

DHB or Alshon Jeffrey?
I'm taking a chance with Jeffery. DHB didn't really show out for MNF with Moore out. I see Chicago and GB putting up fireworks (lots of points). Could see Jeffery getting another TD like Week 1 especially if the Packers focus in on Marshall. Bennett could have a good game as well, underrated.

Pick a WR and Flex.
Trent Richardson vs. Cin
Jeremy Maclin vs. Bal
Greg Jennings vs. Chi
Randall Cobb vs. Chi
Donald Brown vs. Min
David Wilson vs. TB
Ryan Mathews vs. Ten
Sidney Rice vs. Dal
Standard, non PPR league.
And which one of those guys would you drop for the Pats D? I have the Seahawks but I don't want to start them this week. Just don't know if I should drop anyone, maybe Rice? I'd like to hold on to Wilson if possible.
Thanks guys.
I'd drop Sidney Rice for NE DEF.

Not Maclin or Jennings because of injuries. I'd start Cobb as the WR. Matthews still hurt probably. Trent in the Flex, Donald Brown slightly behind.

have the niners D, but don't like it against detroit.
thinking of picking up bengals(against weeden), cowboys(against seattle), or chargers(banged up locker and CJ looking weak)
opinions?
Cincy the easy choice. Zimmer is a top-tier DC, should have the boys bouncing back from the poor Week 1 start. Weeden an interception machine.

I have Brandn Llyod and DeAngelo Williams starting at WR and Flex, should I send them to the bench for Nate Washington and pick up either Stephen Hill / James Jone / Andrew Hawkins? Any advice they didnt give me anything week one.
I also have Jay Cutler on the bench should I see what trade options I have for him?
Cutler should get you a RB2 or WR3.

I wouldn't pick up Hill, Jones, or Hawkins unless your league is very deep. 12-teams or plus.

Lloyd definitely starts. Washington in the Flex for DeAngelo only if Britt doesn't play.

alright NT fam, i got Sproles@Car, Trent Richardson@Cin and Michael Bush@GB.  pick 2

I'm leaning towards sproles and richardson
I'd actually go Trent and Bush. Goal-line carries means TDs in a high-scoring game. Sproles is fighting his injury and his play shows that.

Who do I start? Mike Vick Vs. Baltimore OR Ben Roethlisberger VS. Jets?
Tough call. I'd give Big Ben a slight edge. He has the weapons to throw on the NYJ even with Revis Island limiting A. Brown or Wallace. I don't think my Eagles do well enough to protect Vick, even with the running ability I don't see Philly posting a lot of points. Maclin possibly out.

Back
Top Bottom