2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

mikejs210: First off, drop Toby for a valuable FA. He has no more value with AP back. Dwyer track and flag. Keep Young, don't drop him yet. Britt has the most valuable to pickup for Toby long-term. Crabby had a good W1. Cobb as well. My advice is Cobb for W2 especially if Jennings can't go. Britt from W2 on the better option. Crabby will cool off IMO.

leemelone: Titus' only downside is being hot-headed. The kid can play and I boldly predicted 1,000 receiving yards for him. I mean this guy headbutted Janoris Jenkins out of frustration on Sunday. Schwartz should tone him down though. Much better option than Burleson.

illmatic34: I can't start Britt until I know he's definitely suiting up and ready to play post-suspension with both knees in bad shape. I'd start Jeffery. Dwyer's value will come into play later in the season.

fraij: Greg is far better than Smitty. Hoping the groin injury isn't serious. Probably won't play W2. Take the deal assuming some injury risk.

Just trying to make sure my green and gold shades aren't set on HIGH.

I told the guy proposing that I'd wanna wait til next week to look at it... Looks like I'll get a free week of Smitty before sending him away for hopefully a healthy Greg.

I just know that Greg wants to get paid this year and he's showcasing himself to other teams. In case the packers dont pay him... Which is entirely possible.

This will be the biggest contract of his career so I expect big things.

Swade486: I would drop Quizz for McCluster in a PPR format. Dwyer I'd hold off on. Track and flag until he gets more reps than Redman and Mendy.
omgitswes: Pitta seemed to benefit from the no-huddle much more than Dickson. Could be Cam's guy the rest of the way for Flacco. Let's see.
Ridley's success depends on Bill's willingness to commit to the run.
HighRiser07: Michael Bush, Davis, Britt. Only would change if Garcon doesn't play. Then Davis' targets and value go up Week 2.
Thanks Champ.  James Jones just became available too, I'm still leaning towards McCluster because KC doesnt have many other receiving options, GB has plenty.  You agree?

senor chang: Talk about jumping the gun and panicking. Victor Cruz is a legitimate WR1. Drops will be cured. However, he will continue seeing better and more coverage after last season's numbers.

Allergic2Broke: No, that's slightly too much for Spiller. I'd counter with Bowe. More fair.

bxbadboy90: Ridley would be a huge pickup. Vereen is out so nobody is really challenging the former LSU back.

Buc Em: Long-term, I wouldn't. Seattle is a fairly tough match-up. One week won't cool me on Ry. He's taking that job from Beanie in all likelihood. Been in the fray for a while now. You could still add Cobb for somebody else.

akademikgenuis: Detroit DEF is better on paper, but I might take that chance. NE is a solid start for W2. Bill has them playing better football this year and the division is non-threatening. Worst case scenario if the Pats fail, play the FA pool weekly based on favorable match-ups.

nike4KJA05: I'm seeing 6 weeks out probably for Freddy.

Mr Brown: I wouldn't wait. Ridley is worth the add immediately. Numbers should cool slightly against a better run D in Arizona.

IMASOLEMAN18: Be careful with Hill. I don't think Sanchez and Tebow will get him the football enough consistently for TDs.

FlyerThanDelta: Spiller is a must-start at RB. Sproles sit because of the nagging injury. I'd pair Trent or Marshawn with Spiller at RB.

Maclin likely won't play. Decker a start for me. Bowe as well.

If you start three WRs, I'd go Jeffery. If it's a Flex, Marshawn or Trent so both are in.

SunDOOBIE: RG3 and Sproles is too much for Matthews. I'd offer RG3 straight up and hope the manager bites on the hype. Could help your case if Matthews can't go W2. Manager might get impatient.

If RG3 is rejected, you could offer Sproles straight up for Matthews.

Wayne and Sproles might be closer but I'd still offer less at first. Don't give too much in the first step of negotiating. Gives you less ground on a counter offer.

d5: No, Britt is the better player assuming both his knees aren't trashed post-suspension. He won't factor much W2 IMO but after that, he's Tennessee's best receiver.

Russell can't get the football out consistently enough against good defenses, as witnessed by the Arizona game.

Marshawn didn't exactly help running the football, in fairness.

NotoriousLAR: That's a tough one. PP is a lock-down corner but should draw Welker over Lloyd. Brown could post well against the Vikes, I'm leaning in Donald's favor slightly. Can you start both?

SuNiversal: I like the RG3 and Manningham side. Don't think Crabby will consistently post 7/76. Fitzpatrick looked horrible but has one less weapon now with Freddy. Forced to throw to Stevie early and often.

Buc Em: In short about Kerley, no. He has talent but the Jets offense was a mirage W1. Sanchez and Tebow won't play that well again. Mark my words.

I'd target Doug Martin as a RB2. Could package McGahee and Garcon for Martin and a decent bench WR. Or Ahmad Bradshaw for a similar package. Ryan Matthews would be a steal before he returns fully healed.

Rook: No, even if you're desperate for a RB. Cruz is a WR1. Spiller a RB2 even as a starter. Colston for Spiller is more fair. Bowe for Spiller is more fair. Not Victor Cruz.

Was able to pick up Dwyer and M. Bush off waivers....question is...who would you start and sit if you already had D. Sproles, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson at the RB position?( I get to play up to 3 RBs in my league)

Last edited:
ColdCity: In short, I like the Foster side better. You're already set at Q with Cam, even with a sophomore slump he's still better than most fantasy QBs.

Big Van Vader: Jeffery by a country mile.

thanks for the insight.. I actually received a trade offer this morning: Marshawn Lynch + Justin Blackmon for Fred Jackson and Cobb.. After an hour of deliberation, I accepted the offer.
Even though I think more highly of Jackson over Lynch in terms of the consistent great numbers he put on for the past few years compared to Lynch's Roller Coaster Statline, A knee injury is always a questionmark in whether he'll be 100% the rest of the year + CJ Spiller being an outstanding RB as well, I had no choice but to take a healthy Lynch.
I heard there is upside to Blackmon as well, but in any case, I still have Denarius Moore and Witten as tradebait hopefuls for the future.
Thoughts?
You made out like a bandit. I suppose that opposing manager is banking on Freddy producing after he's out 6 weeks or so. Lynch is a fringe RB1, legitimate RB2. Only concern is the back injury. I'm not worried much about the Arizona performance otherwise. Blackmon has sleeper value if Gabbert continues playing like he did W1. Not afraid of his own shadow.

for sure, I'm sure Eli will be Eli this year. and adding Marshall will give me another starter that i desperately needed after Fred Jackson went down
I honestly love the deal the more I look at it. Marshall and Julio could challenge Fitz for number two fantasy WR this season behind Megatron. Eli is sixth in my fantasy QBs after Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, and Cam. You basically got Eli and Marshall for Brees in the immediate perspective. Brees is going to force things this year, I know it. New Orleans will need him and he tries to do too much when they're down in games. Like the forced throw way high over Lance Moore's head late against Washington.

I told the guy proposing that I'd wanna wait til next week to look at it... Looks like I'll get a free week of Smitty before sending him away for hopefully a healthy Greg.

I just know that Greg wants to get paid this year and he's showcasing himself to other teams. In case the packers dont pay him... Which is entirely possible.

Even better for you with the extra week to re-evaluate Greg's health. If it's a long-term thing, you obviously hold off on a deal. If he's playing W3, I'm making that Smitty swap ASAP.

Only issue is the way Rodgers is so good at spreading the football. He does seem to be targeting Cobb more and McCarthy is getting Randall involved early and often. Finley looked active early on against SF as well. J. Jones lowest on the pecking order apparently.

Thanks Champ.  James Jones just became available too, I'm still leaning towards McCluster because KC doesnt have many other receiving options, GB has plenty.  You agree?
I like McCluster over Jones because James has fallen down the GB pecking order and should be traded to Miami for Philbin. Cassel literally only has Bowe, McCluster, and Moeaki to pass to. Plus in PPR formats, Dexter gets those little bubble screens for a point each.

Was able to pick up Dwyer and M. Bush off waivers....question is...who would you start and sit if you already had D. Sproles, Chris Johnson, and Steven Jackson at the RB position?
Bush and Dwyer are bench insurance at the moment. I'm starting S-Jax, CJ2K, and Sproles in that order. Bush may be in front of Sproles until the injury stops affecting his play so much. Dwyer last.

Yo Champ, how about Torrey Smith for Spiller? I'm in a 16 leaguer and my other WR's beside Smith are Cruz, Lafell, Titus Young & donald jones.

Even better for you with the extra week to re-evaluate Greg's health. If it's a long-term thing, you obviously hold off on a deal. If he's playing W3, I'm making that Smitty swap ASAP.

Only issue is the way Rodgers is so good at spreading the football. He does seem to be targeting Cobb more and McCarthy is getting Randall involved early and often. Finley looked active early on against SF as well. J. Jones lowest on the pecking order apparently.
Driver lowest on the pecking order... Old dude just happy to be on the team with all these young guns catching the ball in front of him lol.

I shoulda picked Cobb up off FA during the game... I was looking at it but had no one to drop at the time then someone snatched him after halftime.

I think we might see Cobb get some carries out of that shotgun set soon......

QB

RB
RB
WR
WR
WR/TE

My other RBs are McFadden, Turner and Donald Brown

I really wouldnt. I like Steve Smith this year, and he's your 3rd best receiver so you need that spot, depending who your TE is. Spiller will only be effective until Jackson gets back. If you can keep Smith and get a productive RB on the wire, I'd do that. Turner and Brown aren't too shabby either.

Yo Champ, how about Torrey Smith for Spiller? I'm in a 16 leaguer and my other WR's beside Smith are Cruz, Lafell, Titus Young & donald jones.
I'd move Torrey for Spiller in a heartbeat based on your reported need at RB. He's going to run all over the KC DEF this week.

Driver lowest on the pecking order... Old dude just happy to be on the team with all these young guns catching the ball in front of him lol.

I shoulda picked Cobb up off FA during the game... I was looking at it but had no one to drop at the time then someone snatched him after halftime.

I honestly forgot about Driver. Great Packer. Class act. Thought he was finished after "DWTS." :lol:

Also, Tamme or Fleener? who would you guys start
Tough call, I actually like both. Luck has the Stanford connection. Peyton loves his TEs, using Tamme like Clark in W1. Based on match-up, Fleener by a very slight margin. If you have a hunch leaning one way on this one, go with it.

I honestly forgot about Driver. Great Packer. Class act. Thought he was finished after "DWTS."
laugh.gif
Naw he was owed like $5M this year but he took the paycut to stay on the team.

Love that dude.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom