2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Kc246888: 9/10. Good bench. Nice value for Britt. Low-risk, high-reward. Know you said you plan to rotate defenses but there's no need with Seattle being a top-6 D.

BalikBX: 9.5/10. Solid squad all around. Better hope DMC stays healthy, but if not just plug-in Sproles. Only "weakness" is Matty Ice. That's relative compared to Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Cam.

Nickthestick91: 7.5/10. I'm not crazy about Burner Turner this year. Quizz should take touches especially in third-down situations. Miles is great value on the bench. Wright a potential sleeper. Ced could surprise us. Smart to go double QB with 6-point TDs and Flex allowing another QB.

Miles and Burner Turner for DMC is a good trade. Those two packaged together are way better than Gore. No go on Gore.

Stringer Bell 32: How many teams? 6/10. Strong points are Brady, Gates, Charles, Harvin. Weak points are RB2, Flex, WR3.

Do not drop Tate for Little. I repeat, do not do that.

MFTIOA: Well supported argument, but I believe you're looking on the very optimistic side for Hillis' projections. Know he suffered a contract dispute in Cleveland, but I can't support a player that only plays his best when he wants. I think Charles will bounce back from injury with a plethora of electric plays this season.

Elpablo21: 6.5/10. Weaknesses are RB2 and Flex. Might want to consider starting Santonio in the Flex over Quizz initially, until Quizz starts to steal touches from Turner and Holmes proves worthless because of Sanchez. Dre is always an injury risk.

AG 47: I'm timid about answering that question because some may call me a fanatic. I believe I'm currently in 16 total leagues. I know that's a lot, but Fantasy Football is by far my strongest and favorite of all. About half are extremely serious and competitive. The other half are for fun, implementing various draft strategies and experimenting with rosters.

bbllplaya23: 8/10. You're going to cook once Trent gets going. Cleveland might let him tote the rock nearly 30 times a game to let Weeden settle in. Brown and Wilson are legitimate RB backups. Ahmad is an injury away from sitting significant time. Brown is the starter in Indy and will get touches. Can also catch. Don't think you reached on the Seahawks depending on what round you selected your D. Top-6 D.

Yes, absolutely drop Freeman for Beanie. Just track Ry Williams on the side in case Beanie loses the starting job.

sole searchin: Won't rate or comment on your team due to conflict of interest. We're in the same league. Best of luck to you, mate.

Best Draft of 2012 Award? I'll raise you in my other 10-team league.

Lion of Lannister
QB - Brees
WR - Roddy
WR - Dre Johnson
WR - Harvin
RB - Shady
RB - Charles
TE - Pettigrew
K- Bironas
DEF - Seattle

Bench
RB - Sproles
WR - Bowe
RB - Beanie
RB - Helu
WR - Lance Moore
WR - Denarius Moore

ImNacho: I like the revised offer for you better because you win on Cobb for V. Brown. Like I said, Hillis for Tate straight-up is close but I'm leaning towards Tate on my RB rankings.

yancancook90: 6.5/10. Good first draft. You'll get better with experience. Should have handcuffed Bradshaw with Wilson instead of Ware. Kyle Williams probably not worth a roster spot. Try moving Jennings to the MJD owner at a higher price.

Ecook0808: 7/10. 6-point passing TDs, would have went elite QB first or second-round. Meaning Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Cam, or Stafford. Cutler will cook with Marshall, but even his best doesn't match with those top-5 listed. RB pairing is adequate but not great. I like Martin's value as a RB2. S-Jax once again is good but well behind the elite RB1s of Fantasy Football.

LESGodSon: No Brees then. Foster, Rice, or Megatron. Shady fourth after Megatron. You can't take Shady over Rice in a PPR league and I'm a huge Eagles fan. Rice makes a living off those mini-Flacco check-downs. Annoying but they rack up points in fantasy.

Yes, Cutler should be available relatively late. He's generally ranked in the 90s for overall rankings behind Matty Ice and Big Ben. Some may consider Marshall a reach in the late-second but I also see him having a monster year and props if you can link up the Cutler and Marshall connection.

The Dauqs: 6.5/10. Strength is Brady in a 6-point passing TD league. Also Fitz and Jennings as a duo. Severely need to upgrade your RB1. Start Tamme at TE until Witten is fully recovered and on the field. Olsen is your third-best TE. You may be including Pierre Thomas in your starting lineup by year's end. Good RB2/Flex option.

fraij: I'm leaning towards the combination of Decker and Gronk but not by as much as everyone else. Finley should have a big contract year. Dre is significantly better than Decker without the injury concerns. Would take Decker and Gronk, but somewhat hesitantly.

kickz4show: Romo significantly. He's easily top-10 for fantasy QBs, Big Ben is not. Just misses along with Matty Ice, Schaub, and Cutler.

Amendola is only worth a look in PPR leagues. He's Wes Welker-like. Short screens and dump passes. Gets minimal yardage and limited TDs.

thedrosen1: 7.5/10. I probably like your squad more than most. Some risk surrounding Peyton but that's what boom-or-bust RG3 is for. I see Charles bouncing back and Martin getting a ton of carries and touches under Schiano. Receivers are elite. Loving the Young and Wright sleeper picks. Would upgrade RB3 and drop Baldwin for Jeffery.

bakedFresh707: I'm leaning towards RG3 vs. a Gregg Williams-less NO defense. Spags may be better but you can't change the personnel or identity that quickly with so much surrounding turmoil.

MMG: Brees over Stafford. Also consider Forte and Welker.

Forte may not be there by your second-round pick. Too early for Gronk IMO. Plus Graham is more valuable in PPR formats. Could take Welker here.

Just saw, CJ2K is good value at #9. That's taking BPA that falls into your lap.

Elpablo21: 6.5/10. Weaknesses are RB2 and Flex. Might want to consider starting Santonio in the Flex over Quizz initially, until Quizz starts to steal touches from Turner and Holmes proves worthless because of Sanchez. Dre is always an injury risk.

sole searchin: Won't rate or comment on your team due to conflict of interest. We're in the same league. Best of luck to you, mate.
I'm in the same league too
laugh.gif
, thx for the help though, drafting in the middle of the round FTL.

I really like Quizz, I get in trouble with those picks though..trying to hop on a possible gem early.

Drafted Spiller over D'Angelo, but didnt want to start them both...feels like a mistake drafting Freddy and CJ

Any feedback? first time playing fantasy football at work in a 12 team league. I got to select 6th

just finished my draft, idk how i feel about my team :smh: :smh:

mind you 1st round went like this, i knew it was gonna be a funny draft :smh: :smh:

1.Arod
2.Foster
3.Rice
4.Mccoy
5.Brees
6.Mega
7.TB12
8.Stafford
9.CJ28
10.Eli
11.Gronk
12.ADP
13.Cam *1st pick of the 2nd Round

oh wells onto my team, which im not too trilled with :/

QB: Rivers
RB: CJ28
RB: Forte
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Fred Davis
FLEX: Demaryius Thomas
D: Steelers
K: Dan Bailey

R. Wayne
Andy Dalton
Nate Washington
Shane Vereen
Coby Fleener
Randall Cobb
Jacqyuizz Rodgers

:\

im in a keeper league and i get to pick 2 from my team last year. as of right now, i've narrowed my choices down to AP, fred jackson, and eli. I think im going to keep AP for sure, hoping to see if he bounces back from injury, but im stuck on my other keeper. i'd like to hear anyone's opinion on keeping either fred jax or eli. btw, im in a standard league, no PPR.

Stringer Bell 32: How many teams? 6/10. Strong points are Brady, Gates, Charles, Harvin. Weak points are RB2, Flex, WR3.
Do not drop Tate for Little. I repeat, do not do that.

12 Team

I was thinking of trading Tate for Little since the Little owner also has Foster but maybe I can get more later if Foster goes down. Yahoo's trade evaulator actually has Little slightly more valuable than Tate.

I expect either Wright, Jeffery or Cobb to outperform Boldin. Boldin is more of an insurance policy if neither do and I feel he's still going to get a good number of targets. I owned Boldin last year and I'm aware of his lack of upside.

:\

just got done with my draft...wasn't really there till round 9 or so
anyways 12 man league had 12th pick...how's my team? because I am not so sure at all :lol:

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Larry Fitz
WR: Roddy White
WR: Greg Jennings
RB: MJD
RB: Stevan Ridley
FLEX: Desean Jackson
TE: Pettigrew
K: Bironas
DEF: Chicago
B: Denarius Moore
B: Roy Helu
B: Andy Dalton
B: Stephen Hill
B: Shane Vereen
B: Isaiah Pead

[quote name="ChampCruThik" url="/t/345765/2012-
The Dauqs: 6.5/10. Strength is Brady in a 6-point passing TD league. Also Fitz and Jennings as a duo. Severely need to upgrade your RB1. Start Tamme at TE until Witten is fully recovered and on the field. Olsen is your third-best TE. You may be including Pierre Thomas in your starting lineup by year's end. Good RB2/Flex option.
[/quote]

When I saw how things were going with my draft spot and my RB situation I reached for Luck to possibly use as trade bait at some point.

List of who is available now.

Who should I look out for, in case a trade opportunity?

First timer....i actually feel good about my picks and my team.
7th round first pick and odd number rounds, 5th round on the even rounds btw

Last edited:
Best Draft of 2012 Award? I'll raise you in my other 10-team league.
Lion of Lannister
QB - Brees
WR - Roddy
WR - Dre Johnson
WR - Harvin
RB - Shady
RB - Charles
TE - Pettigrew
K- Bironas
DEF - Seattle
Bench
RB - Sproles
WR - Bowe
RB - Beanie
RB - Helu
WR - Lance Moore
WR - Denarius Moore

Hmmm, what's your team name so I can check out my competition? Team is nice, esp. if it's a PPR, but I don't think it can out do my 2011 money league team. Insane year from that group.

Arian's Foster (14 team league, PPR)
QB - Stafford
WR - Fitz
WR - Dre Johnson
WR - Roddy White
RB - Foster
RB - Rice
TE - Pettigrew
K- Hanson
DEF - Cincinnati,Denver
Bench
RB - Mccluster
WR - Gaffney
TE - Owen Daniels
RB - Tate

Pretty Happy with my team..any thoughts? Hoping good things from Bush, Garcon and Blackmon

Had the 9th pick in a 14 man league..

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Frank Gore

RB: Reggie Bush

WR: Roddy White

WR: Pierre Garcon

TE: Vernon Davis

FLEX: Malcolm Floyd

K: Jay Feely

DEF: Chicago

B: Justin Blackmon

B: LaGarrette Blount

B: Jacquizz Rogers

B: Brent Celek

B: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Cooley released by ********,

Fred Davis was behind only Gronk & Graham in YPG last season amongst TEs.

That was with the likes of Rex Grossman and John Beck as his QBs...

He's had a mediocre camp & pre-season....

Do what you will with that information, those who have not yet drafted.

Looking to start up an an ESPN league for me and my bros. Wats the difference between a standard league and a custom league?

a TE is always a Young QBs best friend

Luck / Fleener

RG3 / Davis

Esp ones that can move and are big targets

Looking to start up an an ESPN league for me and my bros. Wats the difference between a standard league and a custom league?

Standard is managed by the league office (ESPN), and has standard ESPN scoring and roster settings, 10 teamers only.

A custom league, there is an appointed LM, you can customize scoring and roster formats. Also you can have 8, 10, 12, 14 etc teams.

a TE is always a Young QBs best friend
Luck / Fleener
RG3 / Davis
Esp ones that can move and are big targets

Not high on Fleener, Dwayne Allen is a very talented young TE in his own right. Though Fleener may have more of a rapport with Luck, Allen has been reportedly impressive at camp.

Should cap Fleener's upside. I like Davis, a lot more. Though I guess you can't really go wrong taking a flier in the late rounds on Fleener, just don't be surprised if Allen emerges.

Anyone have the 3rd pick in their league (out of 12?)

If so who are you targeting in the 2nd round (22nd overall?)

I find that spot tricky since supposed elite WR's are available but also

RB gets fickle if you don't hop on it here ...

Anyone have the 3rd pick in their league (out of 12?)

If so who are you targeting in the 2nd round (22nd overall?)

I find that spot tricky since supposed elite WR's are available but also

RB gets fickle if you don't hop on it here ...

depends on scoring format & whether you're on ESPN or Yahoo (different formats, different ADPs).

Last edited:
3rd pick, 12 team league. No ppr, passing tds worth 4.

Concerned about MJD's situation, but I couldn't pass him up

Im thinking that i might need a 2nd QB, slim pickings in the FA pool though

Any input would be appreciated.

First timer....i actually feel good about my picks and my team.
7th round first pick and odd number rounds, 5th round on the even rounds btw

my bad...

QB passing TD = 4pts

Rush TD = 6

TD reception = 6

PPR(each reception) 1

Last edited:

Scooped him up in the 8th round in my draft yesterday. Like someone else already said, TEs are a young QB's best friend. Looking for Fred to do it big this year :smokin.

sickickz23: Your team looks real nice. I'd grab Rashad Jennings (Jones-Drew's backup) just to be safe though. They're saying MJD won't start opening day, and who knows how far along in the season until he actually does, so you're gonna wanna have his backup in case he continues this holdout. There's really no need to have 3 QBs on your team so I'd drop one of them to pick up Jennings.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm also hearing that there's a small chance he might play in the opener....more likely he'll be traded....we'll see...but the opportunity to grab him in the 7th pick, first round was too good to pass up...

Back
Top Bottom