2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

doing a last minute $25 buy-in league with some friends, I know all of 'em personally but as commissioner I guarantee there will be ZERO collusion (they'll be dropped without refund if I see collusion and their team will be given a new owner).

Standard PPR yahoo scoring and roster format. 10-teamer, draft is this sunday, 945 PM MDT. Pretty simple n standard.

payouts will be as follow, $175 to champ, 50 to 2nd place, 25 to 3rd place.

PM me if interested folks.

Alright here is how my draft ended up for the NFC North Trash Talk league. I wasn't able to be there for the live draft so I ranked players and it was on autopick. 12 team league.

QB- Matt Stafford
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Brandon Lloyd
RB- Ben Jarvis Green Ellis
RB- Jacquizz Rodgers
TE- Jimmy Graham
W/R- Demaryius Thomas

Bench:
Russel Wilson
Titus Young
Mike Williams (TB)
Jonathan Dwyer
Kyle Rudolph

K- Mason Crosby
K- John Kasey

Defense- Houston

Obviously going to drop the 2nd kicker and need to find another RB. Any suggestions? Pierre Thomas and Evan Royster are available, along with Leshoure, Hightower, Daniel Thomas, Vareen. Any of these you would pick up?

I really hate responding like I am about to.....but honestly I think this team is horrible. Your running backs are beyond :x, and there is no depth on this team what so ever. If I were you I would try to trade Stafford and Graham individually, and see if you could get two quality options for each of them. If you cant somehow gain some depth, its going to be a long season.

12 team league. PPR. One keeper (Brees for a 2nd rounder), 3rd pick

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Pierre Garcon
TE: Jared Cook
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: Detroit

Bench:

WR: Darrius Heyward-Bey

RB: Ryan Williams

WR: Greg Little

RB: Cedric Benson

WR: Doug Baldwin

QB: Andy Dalton

Last edited:
PPR QB 6 pts TD league...

Give up

Chris Johnson

Matt Ryan

Get

Aaron Rodgers

Will leave me with Trent Richardson/McGahee/Vereen/Hardesty at RB....

Didn't check my yahoo email for awhile and forgot when our draft was :smh: ended up having to draft while drunk at a friends cookout lol, any feedback is greatly appreciated, my 3 keepers were Rodgers, forte, and gates

Aaron Rogers, Matt Forte, Antonio Gates, Mike Wallace, Miles Austin, Fred Davis, Justin Blackmon, DeAngelo Williams, Baltimore DEF, Michael Crabtree, Peyton Manning, Randall Cobb, Tim Hightower, Dan Bailey, Dexter McCluster

:nerd:

Didn't check my yahoo email for awhile and forgot when our draft was :smh: ended up having to draft while drunk at a friends cookout lol, any feedback is greatly appreciated, my 3 keepers were Rodgers, forte, and gates
Aaron Rogers, Matt Forte, Antonio Gates, Mike Wallace, Miles Austin, Fred Davis, Justin Blackmon, DeAngelo Williams, Baltimore DEF, Michael Crabtree, Peyton Manning, Randall Cobb, Tim Hightower, Dan Bailey, Dexter McCluster
:nerd:

Not bad depending on the settings.
For now, I am not a believer in Manning but with Rodgers your never going to bench him. Either trade Manning now for a RB2 or a WR2/3 or you can wait if you think he will increase his value. You can try to trade Davis as well as you have Gates.

Drop McCluster if it's not a PPR league. Like the team as it has lots of potential and upside (Austin, Wallace, Cobb, Crabtree) along with potential trades you may/should be able to pull off with Manning and Davis/Gates/

espn. ppr.
forgot to ask....

are you looking to go RB or QB with that 3rd pick?

It's a toughy because you never know whom'll be left on your draft board as far as RBs go, you might get lucky and have Jamaal Charles fall to you.

The great thing about ESPN is their rankings, guys like Mathews are falling to the 3rd round (he's ahead of schedule and can conceivably be ready for week 1). Sproles can conceivably also be had in the 3rd. Doug Martin can be had in the 4th, 5th and perhaps even later...Trent is now a 3rd rounder on ESPN...

So I don't know if I wouldn't reach for a top-flight, high-upside WR1 like Julio Jones with that 22nd pick with all the RBs that can conceivably fall to you in rounds 3 and 4. RB isn't deep by any means, but if your league-mates aren't overly savvy you may be able to exploit ESPN's draft rankings. Here's an interesting read highlighting my point....

A lot of factors go into where a player is selected during an online fantasy draft. Health, buzz, last year’s stats, position scarcity and preseason performance all play a part. But nothing holds more weight than the pre-draft rankings provided by a site running the league, and that’s really unfortunate.

As I wrote last year, in a perfect world every fantasy draft would be live (yes, actual face-to-face interaction). It would force owners to come with their own lists instead of relying on these default rankings.

However, we don’t live in a perfect world. Some unprepared – or even prepared -- owners use these rankings as a crutch. That means they may be afraid to pull the trigger on X guy in the second round because they are listed a fifth-round guy in the draft room. Or maybe they take Y guy early just because his name is on top of those default rankings. And if there are auto drafters, being aware of who is on top of the list is crucial.

Regardless, we have given you tons of tools so you can simply ignore those rankings that pop up when you open your draft applet. In the Draft Guide, you’ll find complete rankings and projections for all different formats. Evan Silva has told who to shy away from. Chris Wesseling has released sleepers and busts. I’ve analyzed a snake draft, an auction draft and given out some late-round fliers to take a risk on. Mike Clay has talked handcuffs. We've also discussed camp winners, camp losers and much more.

Now, we’re preparing for the actual act of the draft. And, unfortunately, taking advantage of the default rankings are a part of that. Here is a look at what to keep an eye on as you draft on each of the major sites:

ESPN.COM
Players listed higher overall than expected:
5. Maurice Jones-Drew
11. Andre Johnson
13. Matthew Stafford
14. Roddy White
19. Mike Wallace
27. Eli Manning
44. Willis McGahee
62. Roy Helu
67. Ben Tate
75. Michael Bush
86. Matt Schaub
Strategy: There’s a lot to chew on here. Even if you like Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson, Matthew Stafford, Mike Wallace or Eli Manning, you’re not going to get him. An unprepared owner or auto-drafter is going to scoop them up based on these ranks. Move on. … If you take Arian Foster, you’re going to have to reach for Ben Tate. Don’t let him get to the top of the “available players” in the applet. The same can be said for Matt Forte owners in search of the Michael Bush handcuff … Let someone else get fooled by Matt Schaub this high. He was featured in Chris Wesseling’s busts list.

Players listed lower overall than expected:
28. Darren McFadden
70. Doug Martin
87. Aaron Hernandez
96. Kenny Britt
105. Jason Witten
Strategy: Know your opponents. If they’re relying on the default ranks, we can wait an extra round or two on Doug Martin, Aaron Hernandez and Kenny Britt. I wouldn’t wait on Darren McFadden since so many other sites (including us) have him as a top-5 option. … ESPN did adjust their rankings to reflect the Jason Witten injury. Just be aware.

Where the buzz guys are ranked:
33. Julio Jones
47. Brandon Lloyd
54. Stevan Ridley
68. Eric Decker
73. Matt Ryan
78. Kevin Smith
80. Torrey Smith
95. David Wilson
101. Cedric Benson
113. Titus Young
Strategy: Pretty standard across the board here. We obviously have Julio Jones much higher, but that’s personal preference. … If you want Stevan Ridley, you’re going to have to pay through the nose. … We’re not getting any bargains on Matt Ryan, Kevin Smith, Titus Young or David Wilson either. Disappointing.

Who to scroll down for:
144. Greg Little
163. Ryan Williams
166. Brandon LaFell
170. Evan Royster
174. Kendall Wright
182. Kendall Hunter
192. Jacquizz Rodgers
194. Randall Cobb
198. Greg Olsen
199. Jake Locker
203. Rashad Jennings
207. Kyle Rudolph
232. Santana Moss
235. Austin Collie
276. Alfred Morris
Strategy: Lots of goodies in here. We can start plucking off our favorite fliers in Round 10 or so and gain a ton of high-upside bench players. … Make special note of Austin Collie’s ranking. It doesn’t reflect the latest news regarding his status. … Santana Moss is ranked as if he didn’t make the team.
Anyone have the 3rd pick in their league (out of 12?)

If so who are you targeting in the 2nd round (22nd overall?)

I find that spot tricky since supposed elite WR's are available but also

RB gets fickle if you don't hop on it here ...
I was in the exact same spot and ended up with Brees in the first(6 points per 6 passing TD 1 point per 20 yards) I got Forte and S-Jax in the 3rd and 4th. I'm happy with it.
Thanks.

Im going Brady in the 1st and Marshall in the 3rd. Entertaining reaching for Sproles in the 2nd because he wont be there when the 4th comes back, either that or go Jennings/Roddy.  RB BY COMMITTTEE!!! lol

Thanks.

Im going Brady in the 1st and Marshall in the 3rd. Entertaining reaching for Sproles in the 2nd because he wont be there when the 4th comes back, either that or go Jennings/Roddy.  RB BY COMMITTTEE!!! lol

I went with Gronk in the second.

Receiver is so deep I didn't draft one until the 6th round, its a risk but Sproles was there unexpectedly in the 5th round so I took him.

Just traded Aaron Rodgers/David Wilson for Jay Cutler/Larry Fitzgerald/Beanie Wells

Rolling the dice here....so we'll see what happens.

Thanks.

Receiver is so deep I didn't draft one until the 6th round, its a risk but Sproles was there unexpectedly in the 5th round so I took him.
What WR did you end up with?

Thanks.

What WR did you end up with?
Gronk in the 2nd is my dream but it's looking unrealistic he will last past the early 2nd.

Dude in my league said he's trying to get rid of Megatron. Just offered him Michael Turner and Miles Austin since I'm trying to get rid of them :lol:. I doubt he'll accept, but if he does I'm gonna try and flip him for a RB1.

4th overall pick in a 14 team league. standard yahoo settings. what do you guys think for the first pick?

12 team ppr and I had the 11th pick

QB- Romo
RB- M.Forte
RB-D. Murray
WR- V.Cruz,
WR-E.Decker
WR- K.Britt
TE- B.Pettigrew
FLEX- D.Sproles
DST- Steelers
K- S. Gostkowski

BENCH
QB- RGIII
RB- D.Wilson
RB- J. Rodgers
WR- J. Baldwin
WR- G.Little
WR- A. Collie

Any advice :nerd:

Just released Hilton for Ryan Williams. I've been going back and forth with Hilton like a cheap hooker. And I also released Dion Lewis for Greg Little. I have McCoy so I'd like a handcuff for him, but I just don't think that Lewis is big enough to be able to handle that role in the NFL. In all of the games where he ever got touches (even this preseason) he's never done much at all except the last game against the ******** last year where he had a somewhat decent game. Greg Little I think may be in line for a big season if that line can give Weeden time to throw the ball. He's going to remind Weeden a lot of Justin Blackmon, plus RIchardson will make teams play the run most the time.

13th pick in a 14 team league
mad.gif
That's not terrible...
2nd pick in a 14 team league this should be intersting
You better hope Foster/Rice/McCoy is a surefire homerun hit 
laugh.gif
. I'm hoping in my 16 team league I pick 5-9.
4th overall pick in a 14 team league. standard yahoo settings. what do you guys think for the first pick?
At 4 you are probably looking at Rodgers or Brady, unless one of the first rbs slip or if you wanna reach on CJ or something

Back
Top Bottom