2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I'm tired of waiting for CJ, if someone offered a trade of Bowe for Johnson you gotta do it. The fact he's on waivers is a blessing for you 

Should I trade Andre Brown for Benjarvus Green-Ellis? It's a 10 team ppr with 1 point for every 20 rec yards.

Lance Moore vs GB
Pierre Thomas vs GB
Danny Amendola vs Sea

at the Flex? Have a feeling Brees is going to have to sling it to keep pace. With Colstons nagging injury, I think Lance gets more targets. Idk.

Should I trade Andre Brown for Benjarvus Green-Ellis? It's a 10 team ppr with 1 point for every 20 rec yards.
Hmmmmm I think I'd pull the trigger on that
Lance Moore vs GB
Pierre Thomas vs GB
Danny Amendola vs Sea

at the Flex? Have a feeling Brees is going to have to sling it to keep pace. With Colstons nagging injury, I think Lance gets more targets. Idk.
Moore is a good bet

Still waiting on this Manning to Decker combo to pan out, myself. It's bound to happen, but they haven't looked all that great together in the regular season so far. It's weird.

He's forcing a lot of passes to him and Tammes way, and they both are dropping passes, it's prob their not used each other yet.

Demayrius Thomas is better than him in every way. I don't know why the everyone thought he would be Manning's number one.

This Forte situation is scaring me. I have Michael Bush starting, but only because Forte isn't gonna play. Or is he? Add that to the fact that they play on Monday night so I won't be able to have a replacement if Forte does in fact play. I'm gonna keep monitoring Forte's status but I just know I'll leave Bush in there and he'll end up taking the backseat to Forte. I'm seriously considering just starting Ryan Williams and never looking back. :\

Wow!! :wow:  Just got awarded Fred Jackson off waivers. I was 11th in order and thought for sure he wouldn't make it to me, it was at the expense of BGE but I think it'll work out just fine. Leaves me with Foster/DMC/Jackson/Tate as my backs.

How do you guys feel about him playing this week?
I'd sit Freddy this week and possibly play him next weekend.

Would have dropped Tate before Law Firm.

About to trade try and trade Stephen Jackson for Chris Johnson.
Its a PPR so maybe he'll get some catches :\
I'd take the chance on ADP alone. CJ2K can't possibly get worse. Fisher doesn't seem to love S-Jax after the unsportsmanlike penalty.

Both Heath Miller and Peyton Hillis are on waivers in my league. My other TE besides Pitta is F. Davis so I may drop him for Miller, is Hillis worth a look?
I'd drop Fred Davis for Heath before Hillis.

Hillis is worth a look later in the season depending on the RBs you have currently on the roster.

I am offering Santonio Holmes for Chris Johnson?

I also have steven jackson and greg olsen that I am willing to offer.

Should I try to grab up CJ?
I'm willing to part with Holmes for CJ2K straight up. Too much value. Even Holmes and Olsen for CJ2K and Filler. Hold onto S-Jax though.

I had a feeling Dickson would have a nice game :smh:
should I try and trade Colston for Chris Johnson?
Yes, I would. You could even try Colston for CJ2K and WR Filler at first.

cmon flacco throw it to pitta smh
glad i own him in my free league :lol:
as for my money league, help me choose a flex WR/RB to start: PPR league
Andre Brown vs. Eagles
or
Eric Decker vs. Raiders
Definitely Decker. Played well against HOU, see another big week for Denver's offense against Oakland.

what you guys thinking about adding jerome simpson? his suspension is done
would drop alshon jeffrey maybe ogletree
I would add Simpson for Ogletree first, Jeffery second.

A little help fambs
RB - Frank Gore
RB -
Flex -
options...
Jonathan Stewart @ATL
Tashard Choice vsNE
Ryan Williams vsMIA
Definitely Ry.

Choice over Stewart only if Freddy and C.J. both can't go.

Have a chance to pick up Randall Cobb from free agency.  Which one of these three players should I drop (if any) for him:

Sidney Rice
Titus Young
Alshon Jeffrey

I would drop Kendall Hunter but my RB core has been ravaged by injuries (Spiller, Forte).
I would drop Jeffery first and foremost for Cobb.

Demarco Murray vs Chicago. Chicago is tough to run against. 

or 

Andre Brown vs Philly. Bradshaw is probable so I'm not sure if Andre is going to have a big game like he did the other week. 

Also I started Desean Jackson vs Giants and Steve Johnson vs NE over Brandon Lloyd and Santanio Holmes. Good move? I'm stuck right now with a 1-2 record. I have to win :smh:
Murray over Brown. Bradshaw the likely starter. Brown's role undefined at the moment.

I'd definitely start Stevie at WR. Holmes a sit. Decision between Lloyd and D-Jax is tough. My preference slightly is Lloyd because I see Brady hanging up four-plus TDs against Buffalo.

I offered two different trades to people...
Send-
Michael Bush
Aaron Hernandez
Mike Williams
Receive-
Marshawn Lynch
Hakeem Nicks
Send-
Michael Bush
Mike Williams
Receive-
Chris Johnson
The guy who I offered Hernandez in the deal basically has crap at his tight end position and should be kinda desperate.
First trade better for you than the first.

stevan ridley vs. buffalo
or
ryan williams vs. miami
denarius moore vs. denver
or
dez bryant vs. chicago
regular scoring non ppr. im 1-2 in this league and need all the help i can get :lol:
Ridley is the safer, conventional play. Ry if you're willing to risk big.

I'd go Dez slightly over Denarius hoping MNF turns into a shootout. Denarius is drawing Champ and Tracy in coverage.

I'm having trouble picking my starting WRs in a .5PPR this week, here are my options

Cruz (always starting)
Lloyd @ Buf
Amendola @ Sea
D. Moore @ Den
A. Hawkins @ Jac
Simpson @ Det

I have Lloyd as my WR2 and Amendola as my Flex right now, but thinking on swapping Amendola out for Hawkins or Simpson.  That Seattle D gave Rodgers alot of problems on MNF.
I'd take a chance with Simpson. Simpson, Hawkins, Moore, Amendola this week for me.

The owner of Beanie Wells counter offered me giving A. Hernandez and Ryan Williams for Demaryus Thomas and Danny Amendola? How do you see it? I don't feel I' getting the good end of the deal...
I'm taking the Hernandez and Williams side all day. Then again, I'm higher on Ry than most. Let's see if he proves me right against Miami. Good four game stretch coming for Arizona.

Looks like Nicks is going to be out this week. And Hixon comes back for the Giants this week too, should I pick him or Barden up?
Barden over Hixon, definitely.

I'm sorry, but I just really have to gloat about my team...10-team standard league for money...after 2 trades and 6 good waiver/FA pickups...it's gonna be tough choosing who to start each week...for this week, my starters as of now are the guys with stars, any changes i should make?...one spot is RB/WR...thanks
QUARTERBACKS
Michael Vick, Phi QB***
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB
RUNNING BACKS
Ray Rice, Bal RB***
DeMarco Murray, Dal RB***
Donald Brown, Ind RB
Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Mikel Leshoure, Det RB
Ryan Williams, Ari RB
RECEIVERS
Steve Johnson, Buf WR***
Roddy White, Atl WR***
Brandon Lloyd, NE WR***
Martellus Bennett, NYG TE***
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
TEAM D/ST
Seahawks D/ST D/ST***
KICKERS
Mason Crosby, GB K***
Could consider Leshoure or Ry if you're willing to take a risk, over Murray. Only if you fear the Chicago match-up.

I'd start Bowe over Lloyd, but both should have good, strong weeks.

NT'ers please help me out I got too many options I don't know where to start. I am 2-0 this is my money league.
QB- Eli Manning
RB- Ray Rice
RB- Micheal Bush
WR- Victor Cruz
WR- Wes Welker
TE- Freaking Pitta the one week I start him never again
W/R- Jordy Nelson
W/R/T- V-Jax
BN:
RB- Matt Forte
RB- Fred Jackson
RB- Alfred Morris
RB- Ryan Williams
WR- Pierre Garcon
RB- Reggie Bush
I feel if my team was healthy it would own every week Help out please will rep!
Could make a case for Morris over Bush this week, especially if Forte plays. But right now, leave your lineup the way it is.

Mike Williams is available as a free agent in my PPR league. Should I pick him up and start him over Danny Amendola or Andrew Hawkins? He's going up against the worst D (Skins) while the other 2 are going up against top-10 D's (Seahawks, Jags). If so, the question then becomes who to drop. Players that I can drop are Ben Tate, Hawkins, and Ryan Williams. None seem worth dropping for him, but I need all the points I can get after Pitta provided me with a donut. :\
I wouldn't drop any of those players for Mike Williams, even if he has a strong performance, which he should, against Washington.

Ok need some help
QB Brees or Schaub
RB Ry Williams or Choice
WR Welker / Amendola / Colston / Barden (need 3)

Another league

QB Rivers or Dalton
RB Leshoure / Ry Williams / Morris (need 2)
Brees, Ry Williams.

Welker, Colston, Barden, Amendola.

Rivers slightly over Dalton. Morris, Leshoure, Williams (safe play in that order). Morris, Williams, Leshoure (for risk). I don't see Mikel matching last week's performance.

What's the status on C.J. Spiller?
Freddy is a 75% chance to play, I'd say C.J. is slightly less and Buffalo will be cautious. Sit this week for me, but continue tracking his status today and tomorrow morning. Spiller should be good to go next week for sure.

need help on which 2 players i should start.
lance moore vs gb
hakeem nicks vs phily
stevan ridley vs buf
michael bush vs dal
Nicks is doubtful. I'd go Ridley, Moore, M. Bush in that order.

i need to pick up and start one of these guys. who should i go with?
Hankerson @ TB
kerley @ SF
ramse @ PHI
thoughts?
Hank, Barden, Kerly in that order.

Do I start Decker over Maclin this week?
Decker, easy choice.

Yeah Nicks is pretty much ruled out for Sunday.And go with Decker over Maclin, he's  turning into Peytons #1 target and should do numbers like the Dow Jones against OAK secondary.

Reports are CJ has less of a likelihood of playing than Fred Jackson does. I'm thinking of starting him of Denarius Moore in my flex...what do you guys think?
I'm starting D. Moore over C.J. and Freddy just for this week, unless something drastic changes before tomorrow afternoon.

Still waiting on this Manning to Decker combo to pan out, myself. It's bound to happen, but they haven't looked all that great together in the regular season so far. It's weird.
It will. I have faith Decker finishes with a better season than Demaryius. Chemistry and rapport takes time. Great last week against Houston for both.

I have to start one in a non PPR league
J. Kerley
R. Cobb
C. Shorts
L. Hankerson
Hank, Cobb, Shorts, Kerley.

Man i feel my team has depth but no sure fire #1 every wk besides brees....
What are everyone's thoughts on Ryan Williams...?
Would you drop Brandon LaFell for him? Thats literally my only drop option since Brown is a MUST NEED Handcuff for Bradshaw.. And i have ELI on the pine as a back up QB
But with Ryan Williams being a #1 back in AZ.... his value just leaps and i dont want to miss out on that if he capitalizes on his opportunity ...
Yes, drop LaFell for Ry now!

im gonna regret not puttin quan in all week he dropped 15 ..... im almost positive i wont get that outta crabtree or nicks my starting wr's ......
Just a heads up, my brotha. Nicks is doubtful. Probably won't go. Barden's value up.

^ especially if Nicks doesn't play.
Question for ya'll
Would you drop Chris Johnson for Dwayne Bowe?
Someone dropped Bowe earlier this week, and I'm almost sure he'll get scooped up off tonight's waiver, unless I put in a claim. It's solely for depth, as I have 4 solid RB and 4 solid WR ahead of 'em on my depth chart
RB - McFadden, Jamal Charles, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin
WR - Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Stevie Johnson
So do you think I should try to pick up Bowe or do you see any chance of a CJ2K comeback? I'm hesitant because Bowe at his best would be my WR3, borderline WR2. CJ at his best (I know, been a long time) is a RB1.
I would pick up Bowe no matter what. Can you drop a backup QB, TE, DEF, or K for Bowe instead of CJ2K?

Done deal.

Lance Moore vs GB
Pierre Thomas vs GB
Danny Amendola vs Sea
Moore, P. Thomas, Amendola in that order. GB/NO will be a shootout. No defense.

Start Vick (VS. NYG) or take a chance on Ponder (VS. DET)?? :nerd:
I'm still starting Vick but you could justify a Ponder start. I just don't see Christian performing like he did last week against SF, an aberration.

This Forte situation is scaring me. I have Michael Bush starting, but only because Forte isn't gonna play. Or is he? Add that to the fact that they play on Monday night so I won't be able to have a replacement if Forte does in fact play. I'm gonna keep monitoring Forte's status but I just know I'll leave Bush in there and he'll end up taking the backseat to Forte. I'm seriously considering just starting Ryan Williams and never looking back. :\
Risky, but I'd start Ry and not look back.

need a TE to start: PPR League
scott chandler vs. patriots
or
jacob tamme vs. raiders
Tamme, confidently.

is fred jackson a go?...
75% chance to go according to him. I say he sits and so does C.J. Just my hunch, not a doctor in any fashion.

NT'ers please pick 2:
Micheal Bush @ DAL
V-Jack @ WAS
Ryan Williams @ MIA
Alfred Morris @ TB
Matt Forte @ DAL
Reggie Bush @ ARI
Fred Jackson @ NE
There's some injuries there but supposedly they might start idk if i want to risk starting them and end having them get re injured during the game
V-Jax, Morris, and Ry are my top-3 out of those players you listed. I don't expect Freddy or Forte to go. Reggie and Bush could be limited by injury and good defense.

I'm taking the Hernandez and Williams side all day. Then again, I'm higher on Ry than most. Let's see if he proves me right against Miami. Good four game stretch coming for Arizona.

Yeah, think I'm going to do that. If he has a good game then I'm going to try to sell him high for a WR1.

Demayrius Thomas is better than him in every way. I don't know why the everyone thought he would be Manning's number one.

I don't believe that to be true. Thomas definitely has way more upside, but not nearly as polished as Decker. Even despite this slow start, I think people still overlook how good Decker really is.

I don't believe that to be true. Thomas definitely has way more upside, but not nearly as polished as Decker. Even despite this slow start, I think people still overlook how good Decker really is.

What exactly is Decker more polished at? Give me a tangible example. Don't say route running because whatever Demayrius did in the offseason with Megatron has paid off. Decker actually has below average hands so far this year.

What exactly is Decker more polished at? Give me a tangible example. Don't say route running because whatever Demayrius did in the offseason with Megatron has paid off. Decker actually has below average hands so far this year.

What do you mean don't say he's a better route runner? :lol: Thomas may have improved, but Decker still is the better route runner. You said tangible, but one thing that is very noticeable is Decker's instincts for the game. He just knows how to leverage and position his body or feel out a zone by sitting or sliding himself into a window. It's a real slow start and he has been dropping some passes, but I'm not just going to concede right now that Thomas is the better player. More upside and more explosive ability, that's as far as I'll take it right now. Decker still the better option in the red zone.

What do you mean don't say he's a better route runner? :lol: Thomas may have improved, but Decker still is the better route runner. You said tangible, but one thing that is very noticeable is Decker's instincts for the game. He just knows how to leverage and position his body or feel out a zone by sitting or sliding himself into a window. It's a real slow start and he has been dropping some passes, but I'm not just going to concede right now that Thomas is the better player. More upside and more explosive ability, that's as far as I'll take it right now. Decker still the better option in the red zone.

Alright I'm done. Eric Decker has not shown any those things on an NFL field in comparison to Demayrius Thomas. Call me when he does.

The reason people are so high on decker is cause Peyton said he wanted the colts to draft him.

Thomas is better right now, can decker improve? Sure why not.

But I think Thomas has the potential to be the better player long term.

Decker to me is a Stokley / Walter type player. Sure hands, makes the tough catches and knows how to work a field.

Back
Top Bottom