2012 Secret Santa Thread: Master lists posted PG1

What's up guys?

I have a simple question, and a background story.

2 (or 3) years ago, I decided to join in on Secret Santa here. Things were going pretty well for me that November, when all of a sudden, BAM, life just hit me. Within a month, I lost my job, got kicked out of my moms house, and was forced to sleep in a car for 6 days. Long story short, because of that wakeup call, I am in a MUCH better position now.

With that being said, yes, I was a deadbeat the only time I tried (Jordan201) was my username. And I am sincerely asking for a second chance this time around.

May I please join?

Where you been man??? Get back in the Yankees thread next year

What's up guys?

2 (or 3) years ago, I decided to join in on Secret Santa here. Things were going pretty well for me that November, when all of a sudden, BAM, life just hit me. Within a month, I lost my job, got kicked out of my moms house, and was forced to sleep in a car for 6 days. Long story short, because of that wakeup call, I am in a MUCH better position now.

With that being said, yes, I was a deadbeat the only time I tried (Jordan201) was my username. And I am sincerely asking for a second chance this time around.

May I please join?

Yeah you can join the noobs. Not the people who have done it before.

I dont think its fair to have 2 lists but Im down either way. Whether you are a noob or an OG stuff can happen.

I dont think its fair to have 2 lists but Im down either way. Whether you are a noob or an OG stuff can happen.

The first list is for the people we know are legit. They have done it before and earned the right to have people who have as well. Less a chance of getting ripped off.

Where you been man??? Get back in the Yankees thread next year
Thankfully, been good man, just busy. But I def will. I forgot the password to my other account, so now its this one.
Yeah you can join the noobs. Not the people who have done it before.
I mean, that's cool. Even though I def won't eff up this time.

I think I have an idea to how this can be handled, but it might be stupid.

Why doesn't the person in charge of this take a $20 deposit (PayPal) from every member joining. IF the member sends the gift, with proof, he gets his $20 back. IF the person that puts the deposit down flakes, the person in charge proceeds to give that deposit to the person that the gift was going to.

No?

Thankfully, been good man, just busy. But I def will. I forgot the password to my other account, so now its this one.

I mean, that's cool. Even though I def won't eff up this time.

I think I have an idea to how this can be handled, but it might be stupid.

Why doesn't the person in charge of this take a $20 deposit (PayPal) from every member joining. IF the member sends the gift, with proof, he gets his $20 back. IF the person that puts the deposit down flakes, the person in charge proceeds to give that deposit to the person that the gift was going to.

No?

Then you have people sending a gift AND 20 bucks...Some people can probably barely afford the SS gift in the first place. Wish it didn't come down to that.

The first list is for the people we know are legit. They have done it before and earned the right to have people who have as well. Less a chance of getting ripped off.

Ok so only the so called noobs get ripped off. I've been on this board for almost 10 years. However, because I don't spam the board with pointless comments, and missed out on the previous sign-up periods I get put on the noob list? I just think there are better ways of handling this.

Ok so only the so called noobs get ripped off. I've been on this board for almost 10 years. However, because I don't spam the board with pointless comments, and missed out on the previous sign-up periods I get put on the noob list? I just think there are better ways of handling this.

As in not having one to begin with. This is the simplest way to carry on with it. If you don't like it then my sincerest apologies, but you don't have to participate you know. The two list situation has been known since very early on, check the first couple pages in this thread if you don't believe me.

Thanks to TxRook and ECook, i'll shoot TX a PM in the AM as well as EC.

More questionnaires will be sent out as well at that time.

Unfortunately for you, that's the best way to secure that people don't get screwed twice in a row...if you came through last year you should have priority...don't see how that's wrong...you need to point the blame in the direction of the deadbeats from last year...no need for users who stuck to their word once to run the risk of getting got, specially if they already got burnt once.

What's up guys?

May I please join?
You were my secret santa. That was when Crafty was in charge.
I hold no grudges.

replied. are you going to make a list of people that responded?

taz i'll be your SS lol i know what you mean man i didn't actually register till 07 but been around the boards since 02 off and on... had to change sn a couple times b/c of the min post limits per month back in the day or else you were kicked out...active now but lost posts on the transition over but i don't mind...anyways yeah hopefully everyone pulls through...like cinco said in his email you can still back out if you think you gonna flake :smh: :smh: :smh: just do it as a courtesy to others who are going to really pull through...it's all for fun remember.

taz i'll be your SS lol i know what you mean man i didn't actually register till 07 but been around the boards since 02 off and on... had to change sn a couple times b/c of the min post limits per month back in the day or else you were kicked out...active now but lost posts on the transition over but i don't mind...anyways yeah hopefully everyone pulls through...like cinco said in his email you can still back out if you think you gonna flake :smh: :smh: :smh: just do it as a courtesy to others who are going to really pull through...it's all for fun remember.

In my opinion (I think I was the first to throw the idea out there?) it's the best way. It's not being a "noob" on the board per-say but being new to doing the SS on here. I wish there was a way to be certain everyone would get a gift!

On a Side Note: If anyone wants to hit me up and do a personal Secret Santa I'm also down. I'm hoping to make this X-Mas the best one yet compared to several years. I'm finally on my feet and in a good place in life. 8)

So we're sticking to the November 17th questionnaire deadline right?

I'm ready to be assigned my elf, want to get this out of the way early on so I won't have to be worrying come December.

So we're sticking to the November 17th questionnaire deadline right?
I'm ready to be assigned my elf, want to get this out of the way early on so I won't have to be worrying come December.

co-sign, before final exams and stuff. submitted my questionaire already, excited just like last year.

I guess I'll help out, give Cinco some breathing room.
If you haven't received a questionnaire, PM me an email address and I will forward the exact email Cinco sent to us.
Do not reply back to me, send it back to Cinco. Anything you reply back to me is being forwarded to Cinco and then deleted.
I will not hold onto your information at all.
Cinco - Don't back out, bro. This is tradition. You've been organizing this for the past years, don't let some eager beavers mess the experience up. I reached out to you in the original PM and offered assistance if needed. If you have a list of all the original NT'ers who PM'ed you, I would happily go through it to sort out who gets the questionnaire and who doesn't.

In case anyone hasn't seen this, I will gladly send questionnaires your way. Just understand that I will have to cross check with Cinco's list first before I send it.
Cinco, if you're not returning for this next year I'd like to take a shot a running this. I just might be PM'ing you left and right for advice :lol:

As for the two lists idea, its a love hate thing. I love the fact that I get the sense of security and pooled with established Santas but at the same time, I just made the cut cause this wasn't around last year and thats when I joined. Feel like I just snuck in under.

To the NT'ers who have been around for a while and not participated before, if it makes you guys feel better you can elect a leader (per say) and start up a pool for anyone who was left hanging. I'd gladly nominate myself but I don't think most people would trust me because of my join date and post count :\. Have someone collect the money and once all the gifts are received, you can start writing down who was screwed over. Proceed to send these people gifts with the money that was collected. Just a quick idea, I know there are a lot of variables and situations that need to be worked out so don't bash me if you think its a bad idea.

Love this time of the year, I participate in this SS and a work SS. Don't spend nearly as much time/effort on my coworkers :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom