2012 Summer Olympics Thread: London July 27 - August 12

So much hype for Lolo Jones and she disappoints, Again.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
She actually wasn't expected to medal
I don't get all this sudden hate for Lolo Jones, she's older and probably past her prime now and she had the gold in Beijing on lock till she knocked the 2nd to last hurdle...she finished 4th and like you said she wasn't expected to medal this go round, the media are funny all with these bash stories now...like they weren't the ones running the hype machine
she knew what she was getting into feeding the stories though.

Last edited:
It's really hard to judge some of these gymnasts. They look good in their outfits and with their hair tied back but when you see them in street clothes and their hair down, it's kinda like :\

It's really hard to judge some of these gymnasts. They look good in their outfits and with their hair tied back but when you see them in street clothes and their hair down, it's kinda like
ohwell.gif
They're all underaged, but none of the Olympics gymnasts are attractive. At least with the 08 squad, you had Nastia Liukin and Alicia Sacramone.

So much hype for Lolo Jones and she disappoints, Again. :lol: :smh:

I don't get all this sudden hate for Lolo Jones, she's older and probably past her prime now and she had the gold in Beijing on lock till she knocked the 2nd to last hurdle...she finished 4th and like you said she wasn't expected to medal this go round, the media are funny all with these bash stories now...like they weren't the ones running the hype machine

Haha true, but can you blame her? If McDonald's and Oakley want to pay me to have me in ads when I'm really not the top hurdler I'd be a fool not to take it.....the other runners even said it she has a pretty face and she had an interesting story....I can't hate on her hustle that she came in 4th if anything I feel bad since she shouldve won gold in Beijing

laugh.gif
mean.gif
Agreed.  She barely made this Olympics squad, so why people are surprised she didn't medal is beyond me.  And it isn't like she wasn't good at one point--like you said, she had '08 on lock until that hurdle.  Just an unfortunate sequence of events for her.    

The funny thing is that if she would've medaled, the media would've had a field day with her "redemption complete" story.  Can't win for nothing with the media these days.  

laugh.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

So what would you have done, sir?  Decline the spotlight/endorsements and steer them towards the better hurdlers?  C'mon son.  Get real.  

laugh.gif
mean.gif

Haha true, but can you blame her? If McDonald's and Oakley want to pay me to have me in ads when I'm really not the top hurdler I'd be a fool not to take it.....the other runners even said it she has a pretty face and she had an interesting story....I can't hate on her hustle that she came in 4th if anything I feel bad since she shouldve won gold in Beijing
I can't blame her at all, but thats life. 

Anything said can be used against you. She forgot the rules of the media. 

She grew up poor and got paid, but still, you don't gain anything prancing around like being a virgin at 29 is whats hot in the streets. Its not, and on top of that, validating it through "christianity" is just laughable to me since religion gets the "no vote" from me anyways. 

Good luck to her. Hopefully she lets her hair down in the village and realizes she has nothing to lose by letting Lochte do some laps on her... 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Last edited:
So much hype for Lolo Jones and she disappoints, Again. :lol: :smh:
I was waiting all damn day and night to watch the final and fall asleep for a few minutes and miss it >: >:.

NBC takes freaking forever to show stuff in primetime. They show too much extra %#%*#@% and you're left to wait and wait for them to finally show it.

May and Walsh are too damn good. It doesn't matter how many points they are down, everyone knows they will fight back. That tall, tan Chinese player was looking good.

Last edited:
May and Walsh are too damn good. It doesn't matter how many points they are down, everyone knows they will fight back. That tall, tan Chinese player was looking good.
Not gonna lie...that point where Misty was sliding under the net, but had the presence of mind to send it the opposite way had me hyped.

Last edited:
i think aly raisman would be the cool girl type of thing, but mustafina has that beetch , bad vision look. oh well.

the best girl was nastia liukin, now shes so ugly..

That Russian girl has that death stare to rival Maroney's....she seems like the type to "have her fam pay you a visit and your decapitated body will end up in Siberia somewhere" if you cross her tho
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Exactly. I have a personal rule that I will never pursue a Russian girl. Everything about Russia and the women there creep the hell out of me. 

Catalina already schooled everyone back in 2004 when she won a team gold, the all around, and the floor exercise. She has nothing to prove really.

Back
Top Bottom