2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by finnns2003

The more I learn, the sweeter that slightly used s2000 looks.

Go with the s2000 fam that rev happy engine is so nice with a turbo. Just make sure you that a hard top on it. They look ill with them.
Yeah, definitely hard top.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

s2000s are so boring looking stock though

Hey not a big deal to have fun with it. 
devil.gif

Used S2000 CR? 
pimp.gif

Would be wonderful. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by finnns2003

The more I learn, the sweeter that slightly used s2000 looks.

Go with the s2000 fam that rev happy engine is so nice with a turbo. Just make sure you that a hard top on it. They look ill with them.
Yeah, definitely hard top.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

s2000s are so boring looking stock though

Hey not a big deal to have fun with it. 
devil.gif

Used S2000 CR? 
pimp.gif

Would be wonderful. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Can't really compare a Prelude to it because the Prelude is FWD and wasn't designed to be a true sports car. A better comparison from that era would be the 240SX and even the second generation MR2 Turbo. 

I can, and I did. 

I was just stating the curb weight and power output are almost exactly the same as a 95 'lude, which is dog slow by todays standards. Its 2011 going on 2012, 200hp simply is not enough to be considered a "sports car" unless your driving a car that weighs less than a sand rail
laugh.gif
.  Given the the Prelude had rating of 200hp all the way back in 1995, it is fair to say the Prelude was a much "sportier" car for the time, and the ft needs to step it up for todays generation. 

Even with its superior handling the ft86 will be eating the dust of more powerful competitors as soon as that curve breaks into a straight away.
laugh.gif

Can't really compare a Prelude to it because the Prelude is FWD and wasn't designed to be a true sports car. A better comparison from that era would be the 240SX and even the second generation MR2 Turbo. 

I can, and I did. 

I was just stating the curb weight and power output are almost exactly the same as a 95 'lude, which is dog slow by todays standards. Its 2011 going on 2012, 200hp simply is not enough to be considered a "sports car" unless your driving a car that weighs less than a sand rail
laugh.gif
.  Given the the Prelude had rating of 200hp all the way back in 1995, it is fair to say the Prelude was a much "sportier" car for the time, and the ft needs to step it up for todays generation. 

Even with its superior handling the ft86 will be eating the dust of more powerful competitors as soon as that curve breaks into a straight away.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

I can, and I did. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You never drove a Miata?

This is also the second time you have complained about the 200HP. Do you want me to just re-post the last responses to your complaint? Time to move on.
laugh.gif

dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif

Compare to what though? The Genesis coupe? 370Z that might be $5k-$7k more? V6 Mustang? If it does, so what?
It isn't always the straight line time, this car isn't made for that. Look at the Porsche Boxster/Cayman, it's regarded as one of the best around to drive and plenty of people has described it as the best sports car they have ever driven. That is a 245hp, $60k car and it isn't going to beat any 370z off the line, heck a 3.5 liter Accord coupe can beat a Cayman in a drag race. This isn't the car for you if you plan to smoke everyone when the stoplight turns green, buy a Camaro if that is what you're looking for. Toyobarus plan is to make this a little Cayman, a car that handles well and is just fun to drive with a decent hp output.

Again, I have no idea why people are expecting a GT-R out of this car and it's price range. 

dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif

Compare to what though? The Genesis coupe? 370Z that might be $5k-$7k more? V6 Mustang? If it does, so what?
It isn't always the straight line time, this car isn't made for that. Look at the Porsche Boxster/Cayman, it's regarded as one of the best around to drive and plenty of people has described it as the best sports car they have ever driven. That is a 245hp, $60k car and it isn't going to beat any 370z off the line, heck a 3.5 liter Accord coupe can beat a Cayman in a drag race. This isn't the car for you if you plan to smoke everyone when the stoplight turns green, buy a Camaro if that is what you're looking for. Toyobarus plan is to make this a little Cayman, a car that handles well and is just fun to drive with a decent hp output.

Again, I have no idea why people are expecting a GT-R out of this car and it's price range. 

I can, and I did. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You never drove a Miata?

This is also the second time you have complained about the 200HP. Do you want me to just re-post the last responses to your complaint? Time to move on.
laugh.gif

Its a plausible statement, one ive heard several people state actually. I'll wait till the numbers come out.

Its a plausible statement, one ive heard several people state actually. I'll wait till the numbers come out.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

But what numbers are people expecting though? 0-60 in 4 seconds flat? You can probably put 300hp in this car and it still wouldn't be enough to even get to 4.5 seconds. 

But what numbers are people expecting though? 0-60 in 4 seconds flat? You can probably put 300hp in this car and it still wouldn't be enough to even get to 4.5 seconds. 

I can, and I did. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You never drove a Miata?

laugh.gif

Never even considered driving one, Im too big to fit comfortably 
laugh.gif
. I had a friend in highschool with one and it handled great around corners but it was still incredibly slow. It was an older gen with the flip up headlights though, I hear the Mx5s are alittle faster. 

Lolz, I thought it was the thrid time I complained
laugh.gif
. No offense to anyone that wants to buy one of these, but without mods I could never take this car seriously. 

I honestly think when this car releases it will pack more than the rumored 200hp, and Toyota is just trying to keep things under wraps.

I can, and I did. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You never drove a Miata?

laugh.gif

Never even considered driving one, Im too big to fit comfortably 
laugh.gif
. I had a friend in highschool with one and it handled great around corners but it was still incredibly slow. It was an older gen with the flip up headlights though, I hear the Mx5s are alittle faster. 

Lolz, I thought it was the thrid time I complained
laugh.gif
. No offense to anyone that wants to buy one of these, but without mods I could never take this car seriously. 

I honestly think when this car releases it will pack more than the rumored 200hp, and Toyota is just trying to keep things under wraps.

Originally Posted by RFX45

No person who knows even a little about cars would expect this to do 0-60 that fast
laugh.gif

But like I said, for me I'll have to wait and see. I dont think danken understands who this type of car is suppose to attract or its purpose.

No person who knows even a little about cars would expect this to do 0-60 that fast
laugh.gif

But like I said, for me I'll have to wait and see. I dont think danken understands who this type of car is suppose to attract or its purpose.

RFX45 wrote:
dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif

Not expecting a GTR at all.

I dont know why car manufacturers act like its impossible to have both power and handling in the same stock package. I just think they have the potential to produce a car that is truly better than more expensive competition in both handling AND acceleration.

Reliability on older boxters is a complete joke, and IMO the Caymen is one of the most overpriced cars on the market for what you get. Its nothing but a glorified hardtop boxter, virtually unchanged since 1996.

RFX45 wrote:
dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif

Not expecting a GTR at all.

I dont know why car manufacturers act like its impossible to have both power and handling in the same stock package. I just think they have the potential to produce a car that is truly better than more expensive competition in both handling AND acceleration.

Reliability on older boxters is a complete joke, and IMO the Caymen is one of the most overpriced cars on the market for what you get. Its nothing but a glorified hardtop boxter, virtually unchanged since 1996.

Mangudai954 wrote:

laugh.gif

Shhh, it's an exaggeration to make a point. 

But seriously, the car will do well if it can reach 0-60 in low 6's or even high 5's. To me, that is plenty fast enough. 

From which Subaru are they taking the flat 4 for this car anyway? 

Mangudai954 wrote:

laugh.gif

But seriously, the car will do well if it can reach 0-60 in low 6's or even high 5's. To me, that is plenty fast enough. 

At the very, least it'll be a fun car; I drove a bolt on, E30 318 that weighed around 2,000 (stripped) in an AutoX, what an experience.

At the very, least it'll be a fun car; I drove a bolt on, E30 318 that weighed around 2,000 (stripped) in an AutoX, what an experience.

laugh.gif

No doubt. 5's would really surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom