2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

To get a break from all the arguments, what do you guys think of this news/rumor?

:wow:

I had a feeling Akio was feeling the heat from Toyota being called a beige company. Now, with him at the helm, Toyota is responsible for the LFA, LF-CC, IS-F, FR-S/86, and 2 more sports cars coming. That's impressive.

Honda's CEO could learn a thing or 2 from Toyota.

Last edited:
yeah that looks terrible, im almost certain you can find a dual exhaust that is better performance wise as well.
The less bends the better, period. You should know this if you're all about performance
Stop justifying how foolish it looks because they told u it was optimized for performance...

Ur kidding urself if you dont think they can engineer something as good but with symetry
The most hardcore racing setups are always straight shots. No bends. Less weight too. Just saying, people need to understand form vs. function.
dual exhaust BREATHE better then single, this is why back in da day, and hell even now with da last gen charger, da less performance

version had a single pipe, and da double was reserved for da higher performance variants.

lets put it this way, da bigger your engine, da more your car can take of advantage of increased flow from having a dual.

for smaller engines da results aren't as apparent.

dual exhaust BREATHE better then single, this is why back in da day, and hell even now with da last gen charger, da less performance

version had a single pipe, and da double was reserved for da higher performance variants.

lets put it this way, da bigger your engine, da more your car can take of advantage of increased flow from having a dual.

You're correct sir but in this case dual exhaust is purely for aesthetics.

In your example you use a V6/V8 engine where the BRZ/FR-S is a 2 liter box-4 which is literally apples to potatoes. It would actually gain more performace from a single exhaust set up then a dual exhaust set up.

And either way even with a dual exhaust set up it would still be single all the way to the muffler where it then would split after that. Running a true dual set up would be pointless as the n/a boxer needs some back pressure.

Maybe v4's can run that true dual set up :nerd:

duals are more efficient. one pipe comin outta each bank then an x or h pipe in the middle. then it goes back to two pipes. 2 pipes carries more exhaust out then 1 simple mathematics

duals are more efficient. one pipe comin outta each bank then an x or h pipe in the middle. then it goes back to two pipes. 2 pipes carries more exhaust out then 1 simple mathematics

Yeah but putting true dual exhaust on a 4 banger is literally pointless. Hell F-Body Camaros weren't even true dual set ups. True dual set ups were pointless as they made the exacty same power with the y pipe set up.

V4? You mean I4? No cars uses V4 these days, there wasn't even that many that used it in the past.

Over your head.

Last edited:
To get a break from all the arguments, what do you guys think of this news/rumor?

I'm loving it. The more cars, the merrier IMO. Seems like a bright future for Toyota after such a dull lineup for over a decade.

Do it Toyota!  Please bring back the Supra in it's beast form, no hybrids, no more naturally aspirated engines, bring back the TT in manual mode and make it powerful enough to compete with the 911 and GTR.  I would be first in line to purchase if they do it right.

Two new RWD Toyota sports cars to join FR-S?

Car Advice spoke to the GT86/FR-S' chief engineer, Tatsuya Tada, who claimed, "Akio Toyoda always says to me, Toyota sports car [family] should be three sports car brothers. 86 is in the middle." The oldest "brother" would be the spiritual successor to the Supra, even if it doesn't wear that name. Tada is in charge of that project, while a sub-GT86 project is being headed-up elsewhere.

Tada refused to comment on names (CA specifically mentions MR2 and Celica) for the new small car, but did say that, "Yes it is rear-wheel drive and that's Toyota's strong position - Toyota sports car must be rear-wheel drive." Perhaps the juiciest bit of information obtained from Tada's interview with Car Advice was his hinting that both new sports cars would be joint ventures, like the GT86/FR-S/Subaru BRZ triplets. Tada wouldn't say who Toyota was in bed with on the smaller model, but did mention that the Supra would be a product of the world's largest automaker's partnership with BMW.

Do it Toyota!  Please bring back the Supra in it's beast form, no hybrids, no more naturally aspirated engines, bring back the TT in manual mode and make it powerful enough to compete with the 911 and GTR.  I would be first in line to purchase if they do it right.

they already got the LFA out there and the GTR smokin it :lol:

if they come out with a supra it'll probably be competing within m3's ball park imo

Last edited:
Two new RWD Toyota sports cars to join FR-S?

Car Advice spoke to the GT86/FR-S' chief engineer, Tatsuya Tada, who claimed, "Akio Toyoda always says to me, Toyota sports car [family] should be three sports car brothers. 86 is in the middle." The oldest "brother" would be the spiritual successor to the Supra, even if it doesn't wear that name. Tada is in charge of that project, while a sub-GT86 project is being headed-up elsewhere.

Tada refused to comment on names (CA specifically mentions MR2 and Celica) for the new small car, but did say that, "Yes it is rear-wheel drive and that's Toyota's strong position - Toyota sports car must be rear-wheel drive." Perhaps the juiciest bit of information obtained from Tada's interview with Car Advice was his hinting that both new sports cars would be joint ventures, like the GT86/FR-S/Subaru BRZ triplets. Tada wouldn't say who Toyota was in bed with on the smaller model, but did mention that the Supra would be a product of the world's largest automaker's partnership with BMW.

they already got the LFA out there and the GTR smokin it :lol:

if they come out with a supra it'll probably be competing within m3's ball park imo

honda already has an NSX coming out in a few years. toyota has to bring back the supra. i think 3 sports cars from 1 manufacturer is too much. the demand for JDM motorsports isn't what it used to be, just what i think, not sure.

side note, some guy on my block is pushing one of these...

idk much about these cars, but they look meaner than miatas..

Last edited:
Take off those Lambo doors but that red one looks mean

He's got my tails too

Last edited:
Love this chassis it will be long lived, I just had to comment on this post, typical muscle car fan boy

First exhaust Systems don't breathe they only expel exhaust gases. The engine breathes. With a single exhaust you can actually scavenge gasses quicker because there is more back pressure. DIY grab two straws exhale using two then exhale using one, your defintely gonna see lost pressure. What that means for your motor, less efficeny and power due to hotter operating tempetures

Please don't be the type to automatically think dual exhaust = best performance that's just ignorant.

Love this chassis it will be long lived, I just had to comment on this post, typical muscle car fan boy

First exhaust Systems don't breathe they only expel exhaust gases. The engine breathes. With a single exhaust you can actually scavenge gasses quicker because there is more back pressure. DIY grab two straws exhale using two then exhale using one, your defintely gonna see lost pressure. What that means for your motor, less efficeny and power due to hotter operating tempetures

Please don't be the type to automatically think dual exhaust = best performance that's just ignorant.

what if u turn up the compression?

Thank you, finally some sense

Thank you, finally some sense
bigger engines do benefit from dual exhaust..smaller engines, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom