2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well now I need to see this episode of First Take.

Dudes see 10 games of Kawhi Leonard and use it as a basis wheras I've seen close to 200 and I'm following the hype. Aiight man
So you feel he is the HEIR to the organization?
Because that is what we are responding to.
Yes I do and I have made statements to that effect in the past. I see a Paul George type ceiling for the guy.

So when the Heat win are the Spurs garbage?

No, they'll just be "old". Not too old to have the best record, but too old to beat the heat

Dudes see 10 games of Kawhi Leonard and use it as a basis wheras I've seen close to 200 and I'm following the hype. Aiight man
So you feel he is the HEIR to the organization?
Because that is what we are responding to.

He's the heir by default, which isn't a bad thing. He's young, no ego, very talented and fundamentally sound. Plays both sides of the court.

Kawhi has some talent, but I'm not sure what his ceiling would be. He needs to take that next step offensively this series or next season. If not, he is who he is, a really solid player.

I seen plenty of Spurs games, ya boy just don't have it. He might be the most overrated player on this board. Jimmy Butler is better than Kawhi Leonard

If Paul George with his still limited offensive game can make that leap with the increased usage so can Kawhi. I for one think thats a fair comparison to make, because Paul George is still a so-so ball handler, and theyre about the same shooting wise. Kawhi also has the post game that George lacks and above all else, he'll take better shots. He'll use his size to get in the paint instead of shooting long 2's all day and night.

Kawhi is so overrated. I :rolleyes every time somebody says he is a future perenial all star and franchise player, face of the franchise, best player, whatever kind of language. He's a 3rd option on a good team type of dude.

Last edited:

I seen plenty of Spurs games, ya boy just don't have it. He might be the most overrated player on this board. Jimmy Butler is better than Kawhi Leonard
Jimmy Butler is better than Kawhi Leonard.... Aiiight man
Kawhi is so overrated. I
eyes.gif
every time somebody says he is a future perenial all star and franchise player, face of the franchise, best player, whatever kind of language.
You're entitled to your own opinion, I do disagree however.

I'm almost sure anybody calling Sad Boy overrated doesn't watch the Spurs consistently or just doesn't want to see it. Kid is already so developed defensively IQ wise, possesses an amazing body/athleticism and he's gotten better each year on higher usage.

I gotta laugh at you dudes with this 3rd option none sense and he doesn't have an "offensive game"

Y'all really expect him to consistently give you 20 when he has 3 HOF'ers getting more attempts than him every night? When has that ever happened in the history of the game? :lol:

Not to mention he only plays 30 minutes because Pop isn't Thibs or Brooks.

So Pop believes Sad Boy is franchise player material but we're supposed to roll with some of y'all uninformed opinions?

Alright man. :lol:

Easy for pop to praise kawhi about being the future when he's not going to be coaching him. Rough days are ahead for the spurs.

Last edited:
hopefully khaled put the curse on his own team :lol:
this leprechaun :lol:
skip hit em with the fans leaving early

Last edited:
And yall are anointing this dude the HEIR to a "dynasty".
This ain't the Timberwolves or the Denver Nuggets we talking about.
4 titles in fifteen years, and a center that has played in more playoff games than half the NBA.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see Kawhi being the heir.

Kawhi is so overrated. I :rolleyes every time somebody says he is a future perenial all star and franchise player, face of the franchise, best player, whatever kind of language. He's a 3rd option on a good team type of dude.

I was just talking about this on Twitter.

I respect Anti's opinion on him, I just disagree.

It reminds me of Nicholas Batum when everyone thought he was about to be greatness. He is who he is. A great defender that can knock down the open shot and have the occasional 20 point game. Better suited as a 3rd option on a contender. Neither player has the offensive ability (or at least from what I've seen) to be THAT guy. Maybe that's unfair to say about Leonard because he only plays 29 minutes and attempts 10 shots a game. But, I think that's the perfect role for him on a contending team.

As I mentioned on Twitter, Leonard seems to be more like Luol Deng in terms of his ceiling. I wouldn't say Deng is a guy I want to build my franchise around, but he's definitely a really good complementary player to put beside a superstar and another allstar.

Last edited:
I was just talking about this on Twitter.

I respect Anti's opinion on him, I just disagree.

It reminds me of Nicholas Batum when everyone thought he was about to be greatness. He is who he is. A great defender that can knock down the open shot and have the occasional 20 point game. Better suited as a 3rd option on a contender. Neither player has the offensive ability (or at least from what I've seen) to be THAT guy.

As I mentioned on Twitter, Leonard seems to be more like Luol Deng in terms of his ceiling. I wouldn't say Deng is a guy I want to build my franchise around, but he's definitely a really good complementary player to put beside a superstar and another allstar.

Batum is actually a perfect comparison. Kawhi isn't going to be an heir (Tim Duncan) type cornerstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom