2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the 1996 Bulls would have an answer for 2001 Shaq
Shaq has been swept & beaten in 5 while he has dominated.

It would take a bit more than just Shaq to knock off the Bulls.

Edit: Just looked at the title of the thread whoops

Last edited:

Well they did have this other guy that was avg 29, 7 and 6 in that same postseason and was 22 yrs old. MJ was putting up numbers but at that point he was 32 years old.

Well they did have this other guy that was avg 29, 7 and 6 in that same postseason and was 22 yrs old. MJ was putting up numbers but at that point he was 32 years old.

Kobe didnt know what a double team looked like while he was playing with shaq, those numbers are slightly inflated because of shaqs presence

Kobe didnt know what a double team looked like while he was playing with shaq, those numbers are slightly inflated because of shaqs presence

:lol: Ok guy, all you gotta do is watch the games. There on youtube. Google Kobe vs Kings 2001 or Kobe vs Spurs 2001 in playoffs and at least try and be objective.

thanks for the letter @Antidope  

That wasn't as bad as when I read it the first time. Or that Stephen A made it sound this morning. 

GO home Lebron, go get the Cavs a trophy man. 

Just stay away from OKC. (not that he'd think of coming here anyway) but I'd be pissed if he showed up in my town to play. Eff that

That wasn't as bad as when I read it the first time. Or that Stephen A made it sound this morning. 
Just stay away from OKC. (not that he'd think of coming here anyway) but I'd be pissed if he showed up in my town to play. Eff that

Really? Not that bad, huh? Sounds like a plantation owner that was mad the slave got free and got to choose what he wanted to do. How Gilbert's clown *** wasn't disciplined more for that is for another discussion, but if I was Bron I'd make him kiss my *** on national TV ala Vince McMahon and Jim Ross before I'd even think about playing for him again.

Really? Not that bad, huh? Sounds like a plantation owner that was mad the slave got free and got to choose what he wanted to do. How Gilbert's clown *** wasn't disciplined more for that is for another discussion, but if I was Bron I'd make him kiss my *** on national TV ala Vince McMahon and Jim Ross before I'd even think about playing for him again.
Meh, I guess Lebron could do that. Make him eat crow, but If it were I, I'd be the bigger man and just act like it never happened. Cats tend to get the maddest when you pay them no mind or act like what they say doesn't mean enough to get you upset in the first place.

Plus he left shot to the finals every year and would come back with 2 rings. That in and of itself is a big enough slap in Gilberts face. Now go win one for those fans and be the Real Hero, that's what I'd do.

Shaq had that same guy in '03 & '04 and got beat while Shaq dropped 25 on 56% shooting, and 27 on 63% shooting respectively.

So again, it would take a bit more than Shaq to get it done.

Last edited:

That letter that was mentioned this morning on FIRST TAKE that Dan Gilbert wrote to Lebron when he left....

Anybody have access to this letter. I remember reading it in 10' but I've slept since then.
Then hearing the way Stepehn A. described it today makes it sound like a good read again with Lebron having to opt in or out by June 29th
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight; 

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier. 

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment. 

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us. 

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you. 

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you. 

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal. 

You have given so much and deserve so much more. 

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: 

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE" 

You can take it to the bank. 

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels. 

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there. 

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works. 

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become. 

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio. 

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma. 

Just watch. 

Sleep well, Cleveland. 

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day.... 

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only: 

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue.... 

dan_signature.gif

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers 

Havent read this in a couple years...dude was ******* tripping. in hindsight, him leaving cleaveland wasnt a big deal at all, more so from the fans standpoint him leaving to team up with dwade was the wack part. he could've gone to any other of the 28 other teams and been fine. well maybe not the lakers at that time or the thunder/celtics. but there were many other squads. Seems like cleveland would've been pissed either way. And then the way he did it was a **** boy move. but still, the talk of that letter.dan was all the way in his feelings. dude should've observed the 24 hr rule and let things cool off before he addressed it. maintained some integrity. instead he came off like a little *****.

Shaq had that same guy in '03 & '04 and got beat while Shaq dropped 25 on 56% shooting, and 27 on 63% shooting respectively.

So again, it would take a bit more than Shaq to get it done.

As if Shaq was the same player in 2001 as he was 2003 and 04. Shaq was at his peak and Kobe was just getting to entering his prime. I'd like my chances even against MJ not at the peak of his powers and the rest of those unstoppable '96 Bulls.

Havent read this in a couple years...dude was ******* tripping. in hindsight, him leaving cleaveland wasnt a big deal at all, more so from the fans standpoint him leaving to team up with dwade was the wack part. he could've gone to any other of the 28 other teams and been fine. well maybe not the lakers at that time or the thunder/celtics. but there were many other squads. Seems like cleveland would've been pissed either way. And then the way he did it was a **** boy move. but still, the talk of that letter.dan was all the way in his feelings. dude should've observed the 24 hr rule and let things cool off before he addressed it. maintained some integrity. instead he came off like a little *****.
Yea he was like a woman scorned and his lawyer/team whoever (im sure they tried) should have not let this letter get out. Looking back now I'm just like man, its a Basketball team, a guy left, who cares, move on, but time heals all wounds. 

Gilbert especially looks stupid for the comment of promising a Trophy in Cleveland before Lebron got one in Miami because of a "curse".

Lebron could end on such a positive note being beloved by all if...he just goes back home and gets that base a trophy or 2 or 3.

Last edited:
Lebron still refuses to say that he wants to stay in Mia at all.

That press conference after the game on Sunday had to be so awkward sitting next to Wade. Surprised he didn't snuff him right there at the podium.

That press conference after the game on Sunday had to be so awkward sitting next to Wade. Surprised he didn't snuff him right there at the podium.

To sit there and not even say he's down for his team anymore is def a slap to the face. Everything was ME ME ME I I I, with bron.

He's had a second press conference and again never acknowledged stay in Mia. All he said was "I haven't even thought about it"

Last edited:
Same ******* thing I was thinking. Sits out all year just to do what he did in the Playoffs. 
WHen the body doesn't work though....
He played well in the playoffs tho. Makes no sense. He played better against a more athletic defender in lance then in the finals when he was being covered by Danny green who is a good defender but not as athletic

athleticism doesnt matter much when you are slow as wade was

danny green was just flat out stripping him, getting into his body and disrupting his rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom