2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so funny how when Bron is in Cleveland it's perfectly fine to use his roster on paper and ignore them consistently being #1 in the east as an excuse for his leaving yet we can't use his roster when it's superior to a team he lost to. Yet the "haters" are the people who don't deal in logic or sound reasoning. Hilarious in fact.

man i hope if Spurs win tonight they can dominate against the Heat

i dont wanna see a 3peat. for the love of god, no.

The sad part is all these trash *** discussions get worse as the playoffs advance. So we're in for a real treat during the Finals.

I don't understand how you guys do this every day.

man i hope if Spurs win tonight they can dominate against the Heat

i dont wanna see a 3peat. for the love of god, no.

As much as I support the thunder, they have no chance against Mia. Spurs have the best shot but I see this going 7 before someone comes out the west. Yolo turtle Westbrook will not let them lose without putting up 100 shots. The decoy will work tonight and ibaka is going full Congo black panther mode.

We could beat them. provided Brooks coaches it correctly. We don't have the margin for error though to let our startling lineup (with Thabo in it) give them 15pt headstarts and at the beginning of the 2nd half, and to have those no Westbrook no KD lineups out there tricking off leads or digging bigger holes, or so much Buttler or Fisher particularly at the same time, Perkins nailed to the bench basically unless you want some fouls and even Collison has to be used sparingly at this point, more Lamb and PJ3 athleticism in the game. Stagger Westbrook and KD's rest so 1 is always in the game. Brooks would have to coach a perfect series and I don't trust he can.

Last edited:
We could beat them. provided Brooks coaches it correctly. We don't have the margin for error though to let our startling lineup (with Thabo in it) give them 15pt headstarts and at the beginning of the 2nd half, and to have those no Westbrook no KD lineups out there tricking leads, or so much Buttler or Fisher particularly at the same time, Perkins nailed to the bench basically unless you want some fouls, more Lamb and PJ3 athleticism in the game. Stagger Westbrook and KD's rest so 1 is always in the game. Brooks would have to coach a perfect series and I don't trust he can.

So no chance :lol:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....p-wouldnt-exactly-oppose-a-trade-from-pacers/

Roy Hibbert struggled mightily for the Pacers over the second half of the season, a decline in performance that saw him go scoreless four times during his team’s run to the Eastern Conference Finals that ended at the hands of the Heat in six games.

Hibbert also wasn’t fully accepting of the personal responsibility tied to his on-court failures, calling out teammates as being selfish while complaining about a lack of touches more than once.

Given the way this season spiraled overall, and for Hibbert in particular, it’s easy to believe that the Pacers may consider trying to trade their big man and rebuild the roster by going in a different direction. That wouldn’t be easy given his contract, but if Indiana were to shop Hibbert, he reportedly would be open to the possibility.

From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:

There is said to be some thought on both sides — management and Hibbert’s — that a fresh start would be beneficial for everyone after the big man’s second-half woes.

Hibbert’s camp hasn’t outright asked for a trade, sources say, but word is that it wouldn’t exactly oppose one if the Pacers decide to actively shop their center.

Forgetting the fact that it doesn’t matter what Hibbert thinks (because the Pacers don’t need his permission to trade him), there are other complications that make dealing him problematic, at least during the offseason.

Not only does Hibbert have two years and $30 million remaining on his current contract, but the second year is a player option — meaning he can opt out of his deal following next season to become an unrestricted free agent.

Teams don’t give up real assets in exchange for one-year rentals, especially for guys like Hibbert who just came off of a season playing so far below the value on that contract. Now, if he bounces back next year and Indiana still wants out, they may find more willing trade partners before the midseason deadline. But despite Hibbert’s openness to the idea, it would appear he’ll be returning to the Pacers next season)

It's going to be really tough finding someone to trade for Hibbert because he has the player option. He could **** the bed next year and still opt into another 15 million year.

Ty Lawson [emoji]10004[/emoji] @TyLawson3
Follow
2 billion for the clippers??? Hmm I thought the owners were losing money??? The next collective bargaining agreement is gonna be crazy
6:33 AM - 30 May 2014

Next collective bargaining agreement is gonna be crazy.
Did you really retype exactly what ty Lawson tweeted?
roll.gif

Ty Lawson [emoji]10004[/emoji] @TyLawson3

Follow

2 billion for the clippers??? Hmm I thought the owners were losing money??? The next collective bargaining agreement is gonna be crazy

6:33 AM - 30 May 2014

Next collective bargaining agreement is gonna be crazy.

Did you really retype exactly what ty Lawson tweeted? :rofl:

I meant, his analysis of ty Lawson's tweet, was exactly what Lawson said. I guess that didn't translate over

Hibbert sucks, just wait till he's a free agent ...would be foolish to trade for the "rim protecting all star" :lol:

All I'm saying is the last time bron played a player in the finals with as much drive as him to win the 'ship, he and his team lost.

Bron ain't prove nothing till we get a 24 vs 23/6 finals. Till then Kobe is still the greatest of the past 10 years

Some of you guy's post (like the one above) is comical.

The reason why Duncan, Parker, KD, and Russ didn't beat Miami....WAS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE AS MUCH DRIVE?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dirk didn't carry The Dallas Mavericks to the title. That's a pretty dumb thing to say. He had help on both sides on the ball. Was he clearly the best player? Of course, but he had several players around him playing really well in their roles. Don't get fixated on the names and age of the dallas players, but what they were doing in that finals run.

Lebron is also not carrying the Heat to Championships alone. Lebron's a special kind of talent, so of course, people's offensive effects on the game are going to be diminished when playing with him. People don't understand that it isn't the numbers that you should be paying attention to, it's the capacity. Take the last series against Indy for example...D Wade started the series out averaging 22 a game on like 58%, Bosh over the last 3 games was over 23 a game. He's playing with two players that truly have the capacity to perform at an all star / superstar level in moments of crisis. That's huge. (And also necessary if one is to win a championship in the NBA) I will argue that the end of the Pacers series last year Lebron was teetering on that "carrying the heat" line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom