2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that 1963 Finals video is trippy. Best quality of a whole game from that era i've seen online :wow:

Any other youtube channels full of videos like that? I'm really interested in old school ball.

Spurs get their first ever playoff win in OKC tonight and close out this series giving us a rematch of last years nba finals :smokin

After Stephenson missed out on the All-Star team, he changed. He started a bit of a personal vendetta against East coaches, wanting to personally send a message in those games, which took him further out of the flow on some nights, sources said. Overall, the team noticed a shift in Stephenson from a more team-oriented approach to a more self-oriented focus, where he started obsessing about his statistics. People within the team believed his upcoming free agency was also a motivating factor for Stephenson, who wanted to enhance his value, something he believed suffered when he didn't get an All-Star nod.

As a result, Stephenson started annoying his teammates at both ends. Not only did he start dominating the ball more -- his assist rate dropped dramatically in the second half of the season -- but he was robbing numbers from his teammates. He has always had a habit of so-called "stealing rebounds," jumping in front of or over a teammate who had an uncontested rebound to get it for himself. This phenomenon reached a new level in the back half of the regular season. Hibbert, who had his rebound totals heavily analyzed by the media and fans, was often a victim in these friendly-fire rebounds.

Link

Hypothetically if Boston was able to secure Kevin Love to form a one-two punch with Rondo, what becomes their best selection at #6?

Effectively rules out Randle and Vonleh at PF. Exum and Smart aren't ideal fits because of Rondo's shooting prowess. Too early for LaVine or Harris.

Hypothetically if Boston was able to secure Kevin Love to form a one-two punch with Rondo, what becomes their best selection at #6?

Effectively rules out Randle and Vonleh at PF. Exum and Smart aren't ideal fits because of Rondo's shooting prowess. Too early for LaVine or Harris.

Trade Rondo because he won't stay anyway.

Trade Rondo because he won't stay anyway.
Never got the trade Rondo rumors from the Celtics' perspective. It's easy to harp on his poor perimeter shooting, alleged attitude and maturity problems, and supposed selfishness...but he's one of the last elite traditional PG's that can impact the game with distribution, creativity, and defense.

what did Kobe do to you?
laugh.gif
he ruined my team

as a Laker fan i hated watching the young inexperienced Kobe out there messing up in games and it went unchecked

i knew that as the team got better and if his arrogance and attitude still went unchecked it was going to get worse and cause problems later on

and guess what happened

an immature spoiled rookie
turned into an arrogant spoiled veteran

yeah
Kobe was great
but he could of been greater

i feel the same about Westbrook
his style of play is poisonous for that team

his style of play gets them in more trouble than it gets them out of

i dont see how any fan of OKC could like Westbrook
thats why im glad to see OKC fail this year
maybe they'll make some changes because if OKC makes it to the Finals this year or win it all Westbrook will get worse

im just being honest
I'm sort of glad people like yourself only come around during the beginning of the season and the end so we're not subjected to your bull **** all year.

Russ is poisonous to his team?
laugh.gif
And you stopped being a fan because of an all-time great?

I remember what you said when he tore his Achilles too.

Yikes.

Miss seeing this guy playing meaningful basketball man.
I love Rajon Rondo.
My main man Rondo.
pimp.gif

Bruh, he hasn't been to 7 finals over the last 10 years man
laugh.gif
my bad thought he was talking career and why just 10yrs...i think its fair to compare careers by now.
probably because that was the season Lebron entered the league I'm guessing.

Plus people like to pick the best players by eras sometimes. 10 years seems reasonable length for an era.
Yeah and picking towards the end of kobes career isnt?
or when Kobe became the de facto alpha of the team... ie No more Shaq.

I see the point you're making though, but one could argue that Kobe's peak was probably 03ish-08

Bruh, he hasn't been to 7 finals over the last 10 years man :lol:

my bad thought he was talking career and why just 10yrs...i think its fair to compare careers by now.
probably because that was the season Lebron entered the league I'm guessing.

Plus people like to pick the best players by eras sometimes. 10 years seems reasonable length for an era.

Yeah and picking towards the end of kobes career isnt?
or when Kobe became the de facto alpha of the team... ie No more Shaq.

I see the point you're making though, but one could argue that Kobe's peak was probably 03ish-08

True.

Shot 9-27 in game 6 against Miami. Shot 6-19 in game 4 against Miami. Shot 7-21 in game 3 vs. OKC. All Dallas wins.

He didn't have to worry about slowing down the other's team's best big due to Tyson & he had Marion on the perimeter to slow down Kobe, Durant, & Lebron, 3 of the greatest scorers in the history of the league.

Jet had 27 in the clinching Finals game.

"Carrying" is comical.

You do know there's not just one series and not just the finals right? He carried them through the West that year 28,8,and 3 swept the defending champs and beat the Thunder and Blazers en route. He only dropped 40+ twice on OKC in the conference finals. His finals wasn't great shooting wise but he got MVP, led them in scoring 5 outta 6 games and was clutch down the stretch in those 4th quarters.

Interesting ppl talk about Bron carrying the Heat yet his finals numbers are considerably lower than his other playoff round series in beating up on the sorry East. Just interesting.

Lebron was putting up better numbers in the 2012 run than Dirk in his 2011 run. He dropped 40 plus multiple times too, led his team in 3 major offensive categories all while making a much larger impact than Dirk defensively. You can't say Lebron didn't carry his team then use the same logic to say Dirk did carry his team. Past two postseasons, Heat simply don't win games in the playoffs in which Lebron struggles. Dirks teams won multiple games in which Dirk had off nights during their run. Not taking anything away from Dirk cause he did ball.

Last edited:
i have to go to a wedding tonight so I will miss the game. |I
I hope to hear some good news tonight
Happened to me in the Mavericks series. I'm actually going to cancel a date tonight most likely. It was supposed to be yesterday and then it got pushed. Not missing this game for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom