2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not on the level of Kobe, Bron, Wade, or Duncan YET. There has to be another level bro these guys have to be seperated from the pack call it whatever you want "Superstar", "Elite", or whatever.
The post game is what separate the gawds from the stars.

It depends what value you place on a word like superstar. People have to realize there's only going to be a handful of "big names" that get titles. That doesn't mean they aren't exceptionally significant players.

Dude just said that Kd ain't a superstar

He did but don't leave out the context of his statement. He's not on Kobe, Bron or Duncan's level. He'll never be if he never wins a ring. Barkley was a MONSTER but it's hard to place him next to Duncan or even Dirk at this point. Rings separate HOF players from other HOF players IMO.

It depends what value you place on a word like superstar. People have to realize there's only going to be a handful of "big names" that get titles. That doesn't mean they aren't exceptionally significant players.

Understandable but those guys have to recognized in someway and put on a pedestal so to speak. Kobe, Bron, Wade, and Duncan have done it multiple times as the man and have countless timeless performances in the postseason. Durant, CP3, Harden, Melo, etc. do not belong in the conversation with these guys AT ALL.

It's definitely his fault but at the same time I wouldn't take any other point guard over Paul on my team.

That's the thing. Stat line, he's good, but then you look at his rate of success and everything changes. I'm not saying he's "ring or bust", but something's to be said about constantly coming up short.

If Melo can be criticized so can CP3
^^^^^^^^^ As simplistic as it sounds, the same branding of being a "loser" that people get on Carmelo for applies to CP3. If they get bounced in the first round this year which I think they will, then EVERYONE will be pointing the finger at Paul

And it would still be idiotic for them to do so. If you can look at CP3 and call him the reason that his teams have only been past the first round once, then you're only looking at the overall record and watched none of his playoff performances over the years.

There's not a PG around since he came in to the league that could have done what he did with that dog **** NO team. Especially the year they actually pulled two out against that Lakers team.

all of this. i find it really hard to for people to not realize that player A is the sole reason the team made the playoffs, then to blame the same player for not having great playoff success.

That's the thing. Stat line, he's good, but then you look at his rate of success and everything changes. I'm not saying he's "ring or bust", but something's to be said about constantly coming up short.
He's good beyond the statline. He just hasn't had overall team success and that's not debatable. I'm just saying you can slander Paul all you want but at the same time I'm taking him over any point guard out there.

He's not on the level of Kobe, Bron, Wade, or Duncan YET. There has to be another level bro these guys have to be seperated from the pack call it whatever you want "Superstar", "Elite", or whatever.
wAl1oKQ.gif

The best/second best player in the WORLD, and he's not a superstar!? **** outta here with that. That's the most ludicrous comment I've ever heard.

Last edited:
I'm still in disbelief. How do you just stand there ball in hand?

Mr. Cool is cool people

Yea mrcool is cool in my book.

Everytime he post that i imagine him with one of them snappy things people snap and yell cut during and after a movie scene :lol:

Dwight delivered on exactly what Shaq said in giving 27 & 15 yet this buffoon is still saying Dwight could have given more. :smh:

TNT needs to just have Shaq do a feel good sit-down with Dwight like John Thompson used to do for them. :lol:

Shaq is butt hurt as usual but hes right. If dwight didnt miss all them free throws and turn the tide the rockets woukda blown them out

The man just 25 tho. I think a lot of y'all are forgetting the fact the LeBron was 28 when he won his first ring, and WE ALL KNOW that he was superstar well before he won that championship. KD been ballin' so hard lately that people acting like his closer to 30 then he is in between. Kevin Durant is a superstar, point blank period.

Like I said before Lebron, Wade, Duncan, Kobe have to be put on a higher echelon than everyone else playing right now. Calling them the true "Superstar" players or "Elite" is up to you guys. But we cannot continue to allow these guys to be compared and in the same group as KD, Melo, CP3, Harden, Dwight, etc. Those guys haven't won at all yet but the other guys have done it multiple times and have to be respected like the multiple time champions they are.

Dwight delivered on exactly what Shaq said in giving 27 & 15 yet this buffoon is still saying Dwight could have given more. :smh:

TNT needs to just have Shaq do a feel good sit-down with Dwight like John Thompson used to do for them. :lol:

Shaq is butt hurt as usual but hes right. If dwight didnt miss all them free throws and turn the tide the rockets woukda blown them out

missed free throws + we just didn't get stops late. a little poor defense, and a little of portland just hitting tough shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom