2013 AIR JORDAN 3 RETRO BLACK CEMENT '88

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've never even considered the idea of sneaker shields

the new retros are already lacking enough in the comfort department as is, no need to torture my feet by stuffing plastic inside the shoe

With 1 pair , as long as you wear with sneaker shields during day , clean afterwards and put oak tree shoe trees In them after you done wearing and tuck them back in box with half open ziplock bag. They should last you more than 10years .
Interesting, I do the same thing  too (minus the plastic bag), with my "real" leather shoes that I wear to work, church, and various social events.  My sneakers on the end, I just wear them and then throw them back in the box, closet, or in one of my plastic shoe holders.  I can't see myself dedicating that much time and effort to a pair of sneakers that only cost 160.00 and started creasing and crumbling after the 3rd wear.  That's just me though.    

Last edited:
we need 4s with NIke Air on the back

View media item 569292
Interesting, I do the same thing  too (minus the plastic bag), with my "real" leather shoes that I wear to work, church, and various social events.  My sneakers on the end, I just wear them and then throw them back in the box, closet, or in one of my plastic shoe holders.  I can't see myself dedicating that much time and effort to a pair of sneakers that only cost 160.00 and started creasing and crumbling after the 3rd wear.  That's just me though.    

I never understood why people leave them in an UNZIPPED plastic bag? doesn't really make sense to me, lol. I always clean my shoes and outsoles after every wear. It increases their life tenfold.

Last edited:

the new retros are already lacking enough in the comfort department as is, no need to torture my feet by stuffing plastic inside the shoe
I got them and they are pretty comfortable but the shoes I got them for are like a .5 size big so it doesn't bother me

Could definitely use another pair or two of Nike Air BC III's even though I already have 01's and CDPs. Skipped the 2011 shiny's. lol

View media item 569354View media item 569355
body-is-ready.gif

Wonder once Nike is done with the 3's they'll start moving over to the 4's.....hmmmmm

Then V's and then VI's. They are going to get folks just with the "NIKE AIR" branding alone. j/k, but honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did though. I'm sure JB is riding the all time hyped shoe craze as long as they could right now. It's at an all time high

With 1 pair , as long as you wear with sneaker shields during day , clean afterwards and put oak tree shoe trees In them after you done wearing and tuck them back in box with half open ziplock bag. They should last you more than 10years .
Yah I am not spending an hour a day on shoe maintainance :lol: I'll just grab two pairs

Exactly just wear them (with/without sneaker shields) and clean them after every other wear and stuff them before you put them back in the box. That's what i do
Even every other wear is too much time spent cleaning shoes for me.

Same. I just go a half size down and call it a day

View media item 569292I never understood why people leave them in an UNZIPPED plastic bag? doesn't really make sense to me, lol. I always clean my shoes and outsoles after every wear. It increases their life tenfold.
Does it really? I understand the longer dirt stays on your shoes the more permanent it becomes but I just avoid white shoes when I can.

Grabbing one pair of each of those as well :D Those are just pics of the 99s though. I hope if they make 89 IVs that they make the grey light again.

Could definitely use another pair or two of Nike Air BC III's even though I already have 01's and CDPs. Skipped the 2011 shiny's. lol

View media item 569354View media item 569355
body-is-ready.gif
Yah..... 2 pair mininimum.

Then V's and then VI's. They are going to get folks just with the "NIKE AIR" branding alone. j/k, but honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did though. I'm sure JB is riding the all time hyped shoe craze as long as they could right now. It's at an all time high

If the 89 IVs come out I guarantee we will see '90 BM Vs as well as one of the FR colorways and '91 Black and White Infrareds.

Between the IIIs and the Is I got all the NA shoes I want. I plan for this to continue!

Last edited:
I'm TOO excited for these! I'm just really hoping I'll be able to cop if they drop... The way releases are it'll be tough.
mean.gif

Yeah, more limited NA drops will be chaos, frustration, then alot of salt.. :rolleyes

lol... cool pic :smokin there's nothing like chilling in the food court and wearing some Jordans.

I honestly don't care how limited they are or if I need to buy these from a reseller (though I prefer neither); I plan to own two pairs regardless... I haven't bought Jordans in a while, so my wallet is ready

I thoroughly understand JB's and pretty much any high commodity marketing scheme:

limited availability = high demand = higher price per unit.

Simple economics.

Because JB believes less pairs = more money.

You Said: "Thats why doernbechers are so limited. Less pairs sold = more money donated to the charity."

I wasn't talking about GR Jordan's YOU said DB's which is an all proceeds to charity sneaker. How does less pairs = more money to the charity?

I understand keeping them limited so they can keep demand high for exclusive DB's. That's why pairs are gonna be $200+ for them soon. But they could easily double production for JB DB's, charge $200 and still sell out. Which means DOUBLE the money to the charity. Instead you have all these people out there paying $400-$500-$600 for pairs, when that money could have been in charity coffer instead of lining resellers pockets.

Db's shouldn't be as limited to 25k-50k pairs, when the FRV's are selling out at 250k pairs.
I doubt they make 50k of dbs.  probably more like 5k! 

If they change the color of the grey on cement 4s to the lighter color of the OGs (not 2012s. those were terrible), I'd definitely cop. That is if they were to release.

If BC 4s with NA released, I'd be okay passing. I'd probably be able to get another pair of 2012s for way cheap.

If they change the color of the grey on cement 4s to the lighter color of the OGs (not 2012s. those were terrible)

I legit had a shiver run down my spine thinking about last year's White Cement IV retro. Those are my favorite IV's of all time, and I wore them three times and sold them to my friend out of disappointment man :smh:

That leather :x
That gray :x

If they decide to re-release those with a Nike Air on the back, I hope they flat out only use last year's shape as a reference point instead of just switching the heel area of the 2012 pair and calling it a day.

He has a plan... :lol:

View media item 569495

I'll try copping 2 pairs if they are indeed released,but man seriously if the IVs are released with the NA treatment I WILL cop at least 10 pairs. :nthat:
lol the guy who took that pic is in my local fb group. Apparently he sees this dude all the time rocking heat in fully matching gear.

I doubt they make 50k of dbs.  probably more like 5k! 
Same. 50,000 pairs implies most people at least have a CHANCE.

I agree with Fat Joe. BC IIIs are not my favorite Js but they are easily the most versatile. It absolutely does not matter what you are wearing the BC IIIs goes well with whatever you have on.

I legit had a shiver run down my spine thinking about last year's White Cement IV retro. Those are my favorite IV's of all time, and I wore them three times and sold them to my friend out of disappointment man :smh:

That leather :x
That gray :x

If they decide to re-release those with a Nike Air on the back, I hope they flat out only use last year's shape as a reference point instead of just switching the heel area of the 2012 pair and calling it a day.

Yah I love the WCs but the 2012 version is one of my favorite Js in a while. Leather don't bother me. If it wasn't for a scuff in the toebox from when i helped my sister move, it would pass as NDS and I have worn it at least 70x. No major creases yet.

I can bet next years version will have soft leather. NA branded Js are pretty true to their OG forms (don't tell me how much better quality and shape was back in the day, you know what I mean).

But I agree. They need to switch the grey back to the light grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom