2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never been a fan of 1s except the black and gold patent released in 2003. Never been able to find my size. So these are a must I hope I can get these :frown:

The bottom is translucent & has gold speckles over it...

4v1ljc.png

I'm done!

smokin.gif
really?? the glitter was the deciding factor.

Last edited:
I remember the '03s sitting in stores forever.

THIS. Nobody was feeling these back then, let me guess they're limited and thats why theres such a long thread for these?

Chicago 1's, Blk/red 1's, Wht/red 2's, Blk Cement 3's, & Wht Cement 3's sat in '94. The Royals sat in '01, I'm not getting why people don't get simple logic. It's a totally diff demographic now, on top of that these are totally different from the '03 Retro in which I had.

Chicago 1's, Blk/red 1's, Wht/red 2's, Blk Cement 3's, & Wht Cement 3's sat in '94. The Royals sat in '01, I'm not getting why people don't get simple logic. It's a totally diff demographic now, on top of that these are totally different from the '03 Retro in which I had.
no **** ... there a millions of sneakerheads now vs hardly any back then .. be honest with ourselves how many people did you know in the 90s and early 2000s even keeping more than 2-3 pairs at a time? i knew a handfull, and most people thought we were crazy .. that was still the time of "Wear the newest shoes for 2 weeks then get more"

no **** ... there a millions of sneakerheads now vs hardly any back then .. be honest with ourselves how many people did you know in the 90s and early 2000s even keeping more than 2-3 pairs at a time? i knew a handfull, and most people thought we were crazy .. that was still the time of "Wear the newest shoes for 2 weeks then get more"

I don't agree with a lot of this.

I wouldn't say there were no sneakerheads. Being a sneakerhead is a fad now and that title didn't exist then. How you defined it is different. Back then you didn't need to buy every release to be a sneakerhead.

Many people had more than 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers.

Retros weren't cool back then and neither was wearing last years Jordan's. All of that is acceptable now. I remember when Jordan's first started retroing and I thought it was weird. That's how I got my 1994 III's.

In a way you are right, you also have to look at the way JB dropped kicks, back then they didnt drop almost every 2 weeks, so you have to wonder would people have more kicks back then if they dropped like they do now...

You and I must have grown up in very different places because there were quite a few people in my area that were into sneakers and had lots of pairs. I know what you mean about people wanting the newest shoes and that's back when they were still coming out with good new basketball designs that you could pull off casually.

I don't agree with a lot of this.

I wouldn't say there were no sneakerheads. Being a sneakerhead is a fad now and that title didn't exist then. How you defined it is different. Back then you didn't need to buy every release to be a sneakerhead.

Many people had more than 2 or 3 pairs of sneakers.

Retros weren't cool back then and neither was wearing last years Jordan's. All of that is acceptable now. I remember when Jordan's first started retroing and I thought it was weird. That's how I got my 1994 III's.
Are you saying retros weren't cool back in 99/2000 though? I was young but I do remember all those retros sitting in 94/95 but the 99 ivs sold out really fast and everything after was pretty tough to get except maybe the 00 fire red 5s.
Either way, there was certainly no 'uncool' stigma to retros or older og Js by 99-00.

Hideous sole.

I've always been on the fence about patent leather 1s, but the gold glitter and clear sole threw me to the right side. No cop.

If i could get them for cheap one day id dye the sole black

Black toes > These

If yall guys do copped these & dye the soles black, make sure yall post pics of the results. I'm curious on how they will come out

Honestly they're starting to grow on me. Dont really mind the glittered soles. Who the hell is gonna look at the bottom of your feet while walking 
laugh.gif

Waiting for more pics. 75% right now.

Ha! Remember these back in 2003. These joints collected dust on the shelves for a grip. My, my, my what a difference 10 years makes, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom