2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
And FWIW, there was actual black and gold 1s that weren't patent leather anyways.

Those "customs" arent at the mercy of the Nike designers and production line, so if they are to be replicas of what you are saying is an authentic Nike release non patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1, why dont they even look like the "supposed" pair that has a pic curculating the internet from an unfinished ebay auction? Id love to hear some facts about the1985 black and gold non patent leather pair. Without copying and pasting that non sourced kicks on fire article that doesn't have any factual, credited information about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1.

The cheap 2013 "custom" painted pairs are not a good look, not even a replica of this 1985 non patent leather pair that haters in this thread (not you) kept posting existed without any sort of information regarding them. Other than the god awful picture, sourced from an eBay auction that never even sold, I have never heard the story of the non patent leather 1985 black n gold 1's. I have heard people try to tell the story of the patent leather black and gold 1 pair and try to pass it off for this all leather pair with no patent leather...but no. The patent leather pair is the friends and family pair that MJ got approximately 17 pairs of. The patent leather pair is the pair that had a 1985 china release that turned out to be all fakes, even though Nike authorized stores released them to try and validate their authenticity, which are the patent leather pair in the Chinese magazine picture (all this info is on the first 10 pages of this thread regarding the patent leather black and gold 1).

But to be honest, other than an eBay picture, and an article by awful post-2010 sneaker blogs referencing this eBay pair, I don't know too much about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1. So please, tell me the story of this pair that does not try to take the story of the very few patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1 released to Michael Jordan. I read through the old OG 1 thread that some of Niketalks longest members, and most of the owners of the rare OG 1s, posted in but I can't find anything. And I'm not coming at Gerald at all, I really just want to know what's up with this pair everyone else knows for certain existed and keeps referencing in this thread.

Last edited:
And FWIW, there was actual black and gold 1s that weren't patent leather anyways.

It's worth nothing. Those "customs" arent at the mercy of the Nike designers and production line, so if they are to be replicas of what you are saying is an authentic Nike release non patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1, why dont they even look like the fake pair that has a pic curculating the internet from an unfinished ebay auction? Id love to hear about what you know about that 1985 black and gold non patent leather pair. Tell me the story of those shoes. And do not copy and paste that non sourced kicks on fire article that doesn't have any factual, credited information about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1. The cheap 2013 "custom" painted pairs are not a good look, not even a replica of this 1985 non patent leather pair that haters in this thread (not you) kept posting existed without any sort of information regarding them. Other than the god awful picture, sourced from an eBay auction that never even sold, I have never heard the story of the non patent leather 1985 black n gold 1's. I have heard people try to tell the story of the patent leather black and gold 1 pair and try to pass it off for this all leather pair with no patent leather...but no. The patent leather pair is the friends and family pair that MJ got approximately 17 pairs of. The patent leather pair is the pair that had a 1985 china release that turned out to be all fakes, even though Nike authorized stores released them to try and validate their authenticity, and are the patent leather pair in the Chinese magazine picture (all this info is on the first 10 pages of this thread regarding the patent leather black and gold 1). But to be honest, other than an eBay picture, and an article by awful post-2010 sneaker blogs referencing this eBay pair, I don't know too much about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1. So please, tell us the story of this pair that does not try to take the story of the very few patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1 released to Michael Jordan. I read through the old OG 1 thread that some of Niketalks longest members, and most of the owners of the rare OG 1s, posted in but I can't find anything. I really just want to know what's up with this pair everyone else knows for certain existed and keeps referencing in this thread.

#DEAD :rofl: :rofl:

laugh.gif
all I hear is waaaahhh waaaahhh waaaahhh
How'd you get Royals for $250 on eBay? Lowkey located your IG (wasn't hard lol).
Seller put a buy it now for $250 
laugh.gif

if i got the luck which dashoefreak had i would gave the woman an extra 25-50 bucks or bought her lunch, great come up!

Those "customs" arent at the mercy of the Nike designers and production line, so if they are to be replicas of what you are saying is an authentic Nike release non patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1, why dont they even look like the "supposed" pair that has a pic curculating the internet from an unfinished ebay auction? Id love to hear some facts about the1985 black and gold non patent leather pair. Without copying and pasting that non sourced kicks on fire article that doesn't have any factual, credited information about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1.

The cheap 2013 "custom" painted pairs are not a good look, not even a replica of this 1985 non patent leather pair that haters in this thread (not you) kept posting existed without any sort of information regarding them. Other than the god awful picture, sourced from an eBay auction that never even sold, I have never heard the story of the non patent leather 1985 black n gold 1's. I have heard people try to tell the story of the patent leather black and gold 1 pair and try to pass it off for this all leather pair with no patent leather...but no. The patent leather pair is the friends and family pair that MJ got approximately 17 pairs of. The patent leather pair is the pair that had a 1985 china release that turned out to be all fakes, even though Nike authorized stores released them to try and validate their authenticity, which are the patent leather pair in the Chinese magazine picture (all this info is on the first 10 pages of this thread regarding the patent leather black and gold 1).

But to be honest, other than an eBay picture, and an article by awful post-2010 sneaker blogs referencing this eBay pair, I don't know too much about the non patent leather black and gold 1985 Jordan 1. So please, tell me the story of this pair that does not try to take the story of the very few patent leather 1985 black and gold Jordan 1 released to Michael Jordan. I read through the old OG 1 thread that some of Niketalks longest members, and most of the owners of the rare OG 1s, posted in but I can't find anything. And I'm not coming at Gerald at all, I really just want to know what's up with this pair everyone else knows for certain existed and keeps referencing in this thread.
Bubrub you completely owned me. 
laugh.gif

So, I have to man up and fight against my pride and ego and say I was wrong. I apologize for my ignorance (As much as that hurts to say). I actually believed the myth of Non-PL Black and Gold 1s reading from the beginnings of this thread. And to be honest, I'm just a sneaker obsessed dude and I like to keep some logic and intelligence in my opinions as well. So it was wrong of me to really neglect the real story or research behind the Non-PL Black and Gold 1s.  

So rectifying my wrong, I put in some more work and I have read various stories (Of course I ignored that terrible KicksonFire website lol). This one comment from 2006 interested me the most and I am not sure if is posted here or not already so here goes: 

"Larry in Seattle first introduced this special Air Jordans to the world along with white/purple/yellow Huskies colorway. I was the one who brought these shoes to Japan and made the buzz. Nike later produced the replica, but the quality was far from the originals. I have probably introduced more than 5 unknown Air Jordans to the public after that. Everything was published mainly on Street Jack and Get On! magazines. I am pretty sure Nike boom transferred to US after all these rare model discoveries.

An update on this shoe brought to us by Jonathan a french avid vintage Nike collector and mostly Nike Jordan collector !
Apparently there were only 12 pairs made of this rare and beautiful Nike air Jordan retro I !!! Production was in late 1985 early 1986, at the exact same time Nike was producing the Nike air Jordan retro II and the Python retro II edition !!!

The 12 pairs of the black and gold Jordan retro I were made only to friends and family of Nike !! So most of the Jordan black gold retro I , you might have seen were FAKES !! And very well made fakes ! They were produced in Taiwan in 1991 under the order of a person name Michael and David ! Those two person resold most of those fakes black gold Jordan retro I in Europe and particularly in France , around 9000 french francs, in 1999 nowadays would be in USD $1400.00 what a rip off !!!!.

Few fake vintage Nike Jordan were produced in the 90's some black toe grey/blk and blk/wht and some other weird metallic Jordan retro I : brown, yellow, pink with a sample code inside to screw the Japanese collector who were mad at that time !!! Those fakes were made in good quality , the thickness and leather were OK, the inside stitching and the width of the tow box were a little different , besides that it was a good vintage fake Nike air Jordan you were buying !

I cannot guarantee that the shoe shown on the picture above is a real one or no ...But if you have more info or stories about this shoe please email us 
happy.gif
 thanks"

So my opinion on it, doesnt mean mine is factual, is that the Non-PL Black and Gold 1s are fake. Basically a Taobao of the 90s. Apologies again y'all. 

Thanks Mark. Just had to be mature and own up to what I say. Thanks to bubrub for that though too or else I never would have gone out and learned this for myself.
Yeah bubrub wasn't taken shots at you. More like shots at a bunch of other members that thankfully don't post in here as much

Got these off a dude on IG for $300. A little used, look amazing. Did they make fakes of these? I am a little paranoid about them. Anyway, here's some pix

Ready to break necks on the west coast 
nthat.gif

^ nice pick up!! good price, any creasing?

No fakes... Just really awful "customs"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom