2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I know he was...people also said Tebow wasn't a "real" QB, but had all those accomplishments as a QB.

No one is bringing up the past. The title reads 2012.

If you want to bring up history, Florida doesn't even come close to USC. More national titles, bowl wins, Heisman winners, drafted players, etc..

Big East features three unbeaten teams
Dan Wolken, USA TODAY SportsShare
0 Comments
charlie strong

(Photo: Keith Srakocic, AP)
Story Highlights

Midway through the football season, three Big East teams remain undefeated
No. 14 Louisville, No. 17 Rutgers and No. 18 Cincinnati are all unbeaten
Big East's future TV rights are set to hit the open market

8:48PM EDT October 15. 2012 - Big East football has long been plagued by perception problems, but the urgency of turning that around was underscored by two major issues Michael Aresco inherited when he became commissioner in August.

Not only was the Big East facing an uphill battle to retain major-conference status in the national conversation and new postseason format, but it was about to begin negotiations on a new television contract that would stabilize the league for the foreseeable future or sow more seeds of disarray.

Though neither item is settled yet, the Big East is in the midst of a timely surge at the halfway point of the season with three undefeated, nationally ranked teams and more evidence to support the league's longstanding contention that its football product is, at minimum, on par with the Atlantic Coast Conference.

"It's exactly what this conference needed," said Charlie Strong, whose No. 14-ranked Louisville Cardinals (6-0) are poised to battle No. 17 Rutgers (6-0) and No. 18 Cincinnati (5-0) for the league title. "We have been able to make a statement."

That statement comes at a crucial moment as the Big East's future TV rights are set to hit the open market, provided a deal isn't struck with ESPN before their negotiating window closes at the end of this month.

The Big East has long hoped to capitalize on being the last major college sports property up for bid in this cycle. Aresco, a former vice president at CBS Sports, believes its attractiveness has been enhanced by a strong non-conference performance this year, including Rutgers' win at Arkansas and Cincinnati's victory against Virginia Tech. He's also touting another good season by No. 22 Boise State (5-1), which will join next year.

"I think it's important because it reminds our media partners of the football we've had," Aresco said. "It's fortuitous it's happening now and the way it's happening, but it also gives them a sense that longer-term we're going to be a very good football league."

That's far from the doomsday scenario many predicted when West Virginia bolted for the Big 12 and Syracuse and Pittsburgh decided to join the ACC beginning in 2013. In addition to Boise State, San Diego State, Central Florida, Houston, Southern Methodist and Memphis will join next season and Navy in 2015. Aresco will soon find out how attractive that package is to TV networks.

"I've always maintained we have strong football but people haven't given it the credit it deserves," Aresco said. "To have these teams ranked where they are is great for us, no question about it. I'm very optimistic about our future."

wish i was as confident a gator fan as jada, lol

i actually think we are going to lose this weekend. i think sc is slightly better than us especially if we are missing our starting center.

You just said last page that UF schedule was sprinkles on a cupcake. 

UF played at Texas AM and UT in it's first 3 games . Both games in which they won in HOSTILE environments.

Since you bums lost at Stanford, guess that makes at Stanford tougher than winning in Knoxville and College Station ?

Clk wouldn't trade his schedule with any SEC team . He already know what time it is over here . 

Other than one person, don't think any Gator fan is overlooking the chicken, pups, and sow. 1-5 against those three in the last 2 seasons. 

Jada, think fool was talking about Driskel :rofl:

I want to give you aTm at College Station, but it was their first big test with a new coach... advantage Florida. Can't give you Tennessee, sorry, under Dooley that team isn't good.

Florida has had a very favorable schedule, and they still have some cupcakes on the back end for confidence building. Talking about Stanford as if they are chumps, :lol:.

Just saying, some of you Gator fans are puffing your chest too early. Good to see there are some reasonable ones.

Let's break down Georgia's schedule.

(1-5) Buffalo - Win - 45-23 (MAC Conference :lol:)
Missouri - Win - 41-20
(1-5) FAU - Win -56-20 (SunBelt Conference :lol: :lol:)
Vandy - Win - 48-3
Tennessee - Win - 51-44 (Allowed TENNESSEE to score 44 points)
S. Carolina - Loss - 35-7 (Lost to a team who lost to the Gators)

Where do you see Georgia being really rated #11 in this BCS and have any chance of beating the Gators?

:rofl:

Damn, I just watched the footage from the Bama player suplexing the Mizzou RB. That was nuts. Kind of funny the next two plays the Mizzou Oline doubled him and drive him to the ground. Anyone know if he's been suspended?

I seriously see Tennessee beating Bama' this weekend.

Talk about a job saving win for Dooley if that happens
Do you need attention so bad that you just say stupid **** like this?

Man I hardly post in here. I voiced my opinion on what the outcome would be and its stupid? :smh: damn, dudes are ruthless.

Well, you also stated Kansas would beat Kansas State which was equally stupid. If you want to cut back from hardly posting to not posting at all, feel free.

I seriously see Tennessee beating Bama' this weekend.

Talk about a job saving win for Dooley if that happens
Do you need attention so bad that you just say stupid **** like this?

Man I hardly post in here. I voiced my opinion on what the outcome would be and its stupid? :smh: damn, dudes are ruthless.

Well, you also stated Kansas would beat Kansas State which was equally stupid. If you want to cut back from hardly posting to not posting at all, feel free.

Lol dudes are rude in here man. Geesh :lol:

It's cool...

Let's break down Georgia's schedule.
(1-5) Buffalo - Win - 45-23 (MAC Conference :lol:)
Missouri - Win - 41-20
(1-5) FAU - Win -56-20 (SunBelt Conference :lol: :lol:)
Vandy - Win - 48-3
Tennessee - Win - 51-44 (Allowed TENNESSEE to score 44 points)
S. Carolina - Loss - 35-7 (Lost to a team who lost to the Gators)
Where do you see Georgia being really rated #11 in this BCS and have any chance of beating the Gators?
:rofl:

You can list every stat, you want....but when UGA beats you bums...you wont be posting....just like you were last year when it happened...think that defense is going to save you every second half the game ? Naw...it wont. Better believe the dawgs will be ready...and when we do smack you...I'll be here waiting for you to quote me...but for the time being worry about S.carolina....bum

Back
Top Bottom