2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Here's the side by side comparison.  Why did FSU change it?  I heard a rumor it was because the tribe wanted it to be less "warlike" but i don't really see how this accomplishes that.  Not a FSU fan but i kind of like it.  Still think they should have sticked with the original though. 

Here's the side by side comparison.  Why did FSU change it?  I heard a rumor it was because the tribe wanted it to be less "warlike" but i don't really see how this accomplishes that.  Not a FSU fan but i kind of like it.  Still think they should have sticked with the original though. 

According to everything I've read you are right, supposedly the Seminoles wanted a less aggressive Seminole head. I don't hate it I like the feather, but the face reminds me of Chris Rix and thats never good!

But the logo is intended to represent the Seminole war leader Osceola. And while the previous logo may be modeled after a white person, it's not intended to represent one. I just feel that FSU should continue promoting Native American heritage as they've done well for the most part rather than white washing (to a degree) their most iconic image.

But the logo is intended to represent the Seminole war leader Osceola. And while the previous logo may be modeled after a white person, it's not intended to represent one. I just feel that FSU should continue promoting Native American heritage as they've done well for the most part rather than white washing (to a degree) their most iconic image.
Neither of them really look like Osceola or any Native/Indegious person for that matter. 

Right, I'm saying the logo should look Native American. It's a small quibble, but I think it's worth discussing.

Right, I'm saying the logo should look Native American. It's a small quibble, but I think it's worth discussing.
Agree, but I'm not sure how you can call it White washing when the original logo was modeled after a white guy.  I like the OG logo better but neither of them of great representations of Native people.  

And since you brought it up a lot of Natives aren't happy with the way FSU promotes Native heritage. 

They changed it because Nike asked them to. Not because of anything from the school or the seminole Indian tribe. Nike asked them to do it for product reasons. Nike has been asking them to do it for a couple years. You will see more Nike product w/ that logo on it than you did w/ the old logo.

Last edited:
They changed it because Nike asked them to. Not because of anything from the school or the seminole Indian tribe. Nike asked them to do it for product reasons. Nike has been asking them to do it for a couple years. You will see more Nike product w/ that logo on it than you did w/ the old logo.

As if I already didn't see enough -__-

It was because the Florida State print on the feather on the old logo was hard to print right?  I remember seeing that somewhere too about a month ago. 

Agree, but I'm not sure how you can call it White washing when the original logo was modeled after a white guy.  I like the OG logo better but neither of them of great representations of Native people.  

And since you brought it up a lot of Natives aren't happy with the way FSU promotes Native heritage. 

Other tribes or the Seminoles? Because years ago while I was in 100% white run institutions should take indigenous and racist names/portrayals off their schools (when ole miss and Illinois and a few other places got banged up) I remember the Seminole tribe being vocal about how they wanted FSU to keep the nickname because their portrayal has been respectful and partially guided by their tribes wishes and leaders.

It put me and a lot of people in our places.

Back
Top Bottom