2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Washington's new uniforms

Together with Nike, the University of Washington unveiled a new collection of football uniform designs and colors for the 2014 season. With a new coaching staff, a renovated stadium and a fresh uniform design, the Washington Huskies are embracing a new era of football.

The updated uniform aesthetic features three jerseys, four pants and three helmet colors to allow for a myriad of options on the field. The design was inspired by the school’s iconic “W” logo, as well as the team mascot, the Husky.
UNIFORM DESIGN DETAILS

The new stadium and athletic facilities are filled with Husky references, echoing the team’s ethos that “no dog runs alone.” A graphic symbol and unique coded sequence embroidered into the back inside neckline of the jerseys reinforces this mantra. Representing the quickest/most agile sled dog formation, the focal point of this special graphic is the area representing the “team dogs,” who are the heart and soul of the squad. The symbol is formed by lines that, when turned sideways, make an 11 to honor the 11 players on the field. Like a sled team, the Husky football team competes as a pack through innovative formations on field.

The Huskies’ purple home jersey introduces black accents for a tough, bold aesthetic. Black double mesh shoulder panels in the front of the jersey mimic the iconic “jaws” of Husky Stadium. Black has also been featured within the shoulder numbers as well as the baselayer. The Huskies’ away look reverses the aesthetic, harnessing the power of an “arctic blast,” featuring a white jersey and pant as well as a textured white helmet with an anodized purple facemask. The new all-black alternate jersey and pant feature purple and gold accents throughout, incorporating “DAWGS” lettering down the side of the pant. In addition, the Huskies will have the option to integrate a solid gold pant with any of the three jersey colors.

"Our players can't wait to take the field in these new uniforms. The design tells the story of our program and provides modern innovations in materials and design while embracing the rich tradition that has made Husky football so special,” said Washington head coach Chris Petersen.

The bold, iconic “W” logo is prominent on all three helmets. The traditional purple and white stripe is retained on the gold home helmet, while the stripe has been removed from the white and black helmets for a fast, modern aesthetic.

The new uniform design will also introduce a customized number font that pays homage to the Pacific Northwest, with a gold facet on the NW corner of each digit asserting the school’s ownership of the territory. The numbers are the final touch on a new uniform system designed to allow the “Dawgs” to claim their position at the head of the pack.

I hope you guys lose to Wazzu this year.

Still [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Every gad damn time

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] :rofl:

Last edited:
Still [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Every gad damn time

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] :rofl:

Fell like a feather once his jaw got tapped.

Caught him flush

The fact he was mid-laugh like "look what I just did" then ... Nap time

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]:rofl:

The fact he was mid-laugh like "look what I just did" then ... Nap time

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]:rofl:

[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

I'm not really into it but God forbid (see?) a coach tries to do something that could generally be viewed as a positive direction for a lot of kids rather than letting the inmates run the asylum (see: Meyer, Urban) and actually suspends star players or those who think they're stars.  Yeah, if it was a rival school I'd laugh and talk about how it sounds so cult-like but the reality is that for a lot of kids it's a draw and a good thing.

I'm liberal but daggumit it's like everyone needs something to ***** about.  Freedom from Religion Foundation?  
sick.gif
 Like they're being shackled or don't have the choice to go elsewhere, that they're blindsided by how Dabo is and forced to serve the Lord or else.  There's a lot about religion I disagree with but when it provides a positive direction for people who need it, whether you think it's because they're mindless or whatever, let em cook.  And eat a disgusting tasting fake body of the lord and drink his grape juice blood.

/rant
Late response to this, and you're my boy so you know I mean nothing by this, but...

Would u feel the same way if the coach of Clemson was Muslim and forcing his players to do prayers and go to the mosque?

Just curious.
No offense taken but I'm not sure where that came from and yes, I would feel the same way whether it were Christianity or Islam, Judaism or whatever, as long as it was positive.  I don't think they're being forced by any means and I don't think the non-Christians standing with the team is affected at all.  Is it fostered and encouraged?  I have no doubt but there are a ton, I'd say even a large majority of football players who mention the spiritual aspect when choosing Clemson.  Key word is that they chose to go there and I'd be really surprised if any of them weren't aware of the culture before they got there.

In terms of personal views, I'm neither southern, conservative nor religious plus I didn't join a frat so I really went against the grain at Clemson.  Only thing about me that blended in was that I'm white but even still I had a bunch of black friends and we all listened to rap, went to bars and were the center of attention most nights and had a ton of fun.  I spoke out against it when I heard the n-word, either directed at my friends or when people would say it thinking they were safe, I was (and still am if it's not painfully obvious
laugh.gif
 ) an opinionated Yankee who only discriminates against stupid and bad intentions. 

Like I said, nobody has to do anything and even if it's something that's not for me, when it comes down to it, the intent is positive and there are a lot who benefit from it.  Those who feel pressured or don't agree don't have to play football at Clemson.

And @dreClark  is there a school you could think of that would, especially in the SEC, ACC, Big XII (read: south)?  It's unfortunate but it would have to be an ultra-liberal school in an area where the big money boosters are not good old boys.
Sorry I suck at responding punctually.

That comes from me believing that a lot of the people on boards and on southern radio stations arguing about religious freedom and how a little religious instruction helps with discipline and morals and how Dabo should be allowed to do his thing... most of them only feel that way when that religion is Christianity.

Let it be Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf coaching their kids and sending them to a mosque. The conversation would trend in a very different direction.

That's just how the conservative south rolls lol...so "moral" but easily houses the most ignorant people in the country ..

Besides having a mediocre 2nd half of the season, what's the knock on Teddy really?

Last edited:
 his skinny frame, as well as the fact that Bridgewater didn’t always look like an elite passer on tape.

from article 

Back
Top Bottom