2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Isn't the minimum for the tests the same for all colleges for getting an athletic scholarship? All about actually getting accepted to the school he wants to go to. I mean if he can't make the minimum then he probably won't get into Alabama either.

I mean it's not like he's trying to get in academically.

Anthony Barr standing with 5* DE Keisean Lucier-South at UCLA for Saturday's practice.

Isn't the minimum for the tests the same for all colleges for getting an athletic scholarship? All about actually getting accepted to the school he wants to go to. I mean if he can't make the minimum then he probably won't get into Alabama either.

No Miami uses a different scale, I think private schools have the right set their own requirements
They need to start making some academic exceptions.

We ain't exactly Yale either.

The grades excuses are just something fans say to make themselves feel better.

I read that him and his brother have serious problems at home and his grades are a real issue.

It would be nice if we could Gray eligible, but these guys with grades issues never seem to get in.

But these are the type of Golden should be locking up and if they have grade issues work the highschools to get them eligible.

I think Gray is an ACT/Clearinghouse problem, not a Miami admission problem.

Both of those Ridley boys have work to do, but Miami clearly thought that they had a shot to get in. Still don't think that one is over. Mom wanted Calvin at Miami too.

Big difference.

Miami's standards dwarf most if not all state schools.

Apparently Jalen Greene is turning out to be a gem and outplayed Max Browne in the Spring game (avoided the rush, where as Max took a ton of sacks.)
Kiffin's team lost game, and he lost the day

BY JOE MEDLEY
Anniston StarApril 19, 2014

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama's A-Day game no doubt triggered smiles from Ann Arbor to Mobile and told-ya-so's from all who panned the hiring of Lane Kiffin as offensive coordinator.

It's likely an overreaction. Spring games are mere fan exhibitions and often bear little resemblance to what happens on the field in the fall. More to come on that.

But one big plus to Kiffin coming to Alabama was that his offense would do his talking, and it put another foot in his mouth Saturday.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014...entary-kiffins.html?sp=/99/164/#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
It's weird when the throw in 3 star QB, who everyone said was only offered a scholarship to convince Adoree to come, looks like the best QB on your roster...

In Max's defense he was hitting dudes 30 yards downfield, but couldn't do a thing against the pass rush. That may have more to do with how good the front 7 is right now though.

Last edited:
I heard USC's offense in general is looking really shabby at the moment. It's spring ball so you don't expect everything to be clicking, but it's something to work on for the summer.

SB Nation Recruiting ‏@SBNRecruiting 4m
Former 4-star OT Austin Golson leaving Ole Miss after just one season per @RivalsChase

Back
Top Bottom