2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

We didn't drop. We were at 9 and 10 in the two human polls last week, stayed the same this week.

his front 3 get zero credit and he gets all the credit. dude shouldnt even get a invite to NY, his numbers ant really that good

how does his front 3 get zero credit? Nix and Tuitt already being talked about as top 10 draft picks when they come out.. that entire ND front 7 is nasty.. Manti is the emotional leader of that defense and makes an impact on the field every single week and deserves all the praise he gets.. but that front 3 is not overlooked..

ND challenge for BCS? Kellys horrible on Defense. Defense is NDs problem. whens the last time they had a good secondary. kids dont wanna go play for them. Brian Kelly isnt gonna change that

3 years, he may be on the hot seat by then.

Yeah I dont know why people think Notre Dame will challenge for National Championship consistently. They havent in like 15 years. Brian Kelly seems like a good hire but with thoseacademic standards I cant see 10,11 win seasons all the time.

BK is not a defense coach anymore, he got lucky that the old Cincy coach left him with a bunch of talent on D so his 1st 2 years they was good on that side.

Doesn't matter, it's a no win situation and he'll fail just like all the others. ND football is DONE.

awesome another fat offensive minded coach that doesnt care about defense.

Why would they get a offensive minded coach again? Randy Edsall was the PERFECT choice

Cincy's D is garbage. He hasn't had a good D on any relevant level of college football. D2 doesn't count.

Didn't he have a below .500 record at Central Mich?

This is a fail all over again. Which is more than okay with me. I hope they're garbage forever.

ND will regret this decision in 4 years.

NOBODY wants to see Bama/ND :x

Lol your smokin that good stuff.

Notre Dame is the most well rounded team in college football, K State shouldn't even be in the top ten with the weak schedule they have, Alabama and Oregon are good but still I think Stanford is better than both of them. Had they not lost to washington we could be seeing a rematch between them and ND for the title which would scare me more than Alabama. Still, Notre Dame has one more game to play before we even talk BCS championship and if 1993's Boston College game taught us anything is its not over until its over. Still have the Florida State vs. Notre Dame reg season title match was thinking of putting it up on Youtube (although it would prob get taken down).

I'm curious to see if chaos does continue to happen with USC, Texas and FSU winning, would Oregon be able to sneak into title game without winning conference?

Meaning not attending the Pac-12 title game at all?

Correct. To the same tune Bama had it last year.

And Al3xis's post just goes to remind us that we are all just fans of a great game. Hope folks remember that for us, it's just a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just need :

USC to take care of ND
Georgia to take care of Bama in the SEC Championship
Us take care of FSU next week in Tally

We will be in the National Championship vs the poodles with that sweet revenge.

:evil:

Who are realistic candidates for Vols job?

I dont see Gruden as a college coach, not sure he would be there more than 5 years. Seems like a guy that would always have eyes on NFL jobs.

Id give Chad Morris a call if I were Hart

Who are realistic candidates for Vols job?
I dont see Gruden as a college coach, not sure he would be there more than 5 years. Seems like a guy that would always have eyes on NFL jobs.
Id give Chad Morris a call if I were Hart

:nerd:

Last edited:
ND challenge for BCS? Kellys horrible on Defense. Defense is NDs problem. whens the last time they had a good secondary. kids dont wanna go play for them. Brian Kelly isnt gonna change that

Best part about that, is Kelly went to Notre Dame and ADDRESSED his and NDs problem. (a problem he had not addressed at any of his previous stops)

He went and got the Defense Stout

Defense was their problem, it is Not any longer.

Last edited:
:lol: quite funny that this smash mouth Football is Holding Oregon to 2 TDs.
when the "agenda driven west coast Oregon blind Pac 12 NTers" swore Oregon could just march it up and down on physical teams with good Front 7s
BODYBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!

People laughed and thought it was sour grapes when I said Oregon would lose to a good defensive team. Look it up. I didn't think Stanford had the offense to pull it off though, reason why it was so tough for them to score 17 on the Ducks D, which is horrible btw. Still wouldn't give the nod to them over the top SEC teams. That offense can be stopped, don't eeeeem care what the talking heads on ESPN say. Straight nut riders.

Yeah, Mariota isn't special, when the offense flows he flows, when it doesn't... womp womp. System QB...

I love how everyone just dismisses Notre Dame. They are the most complete team in the country and have won every game they've played. Oregon and K State have cake schedules and deserve to be where they are right now. No one in their right mind believed either of those teams were better than Alabama, let alone the Fighting Irish.
My prediction is UGA vs. Notre Dame in the National Championship. Notre Dame will take home the title to South Bend.

Most complete? Their offfense is inconsistent and their secondary has been depleted by injuries. That Stanford game, :smh:, those were some home cooking calls they got to win that game. They do have a beastly defensive front seven, almost as good as Stanford's.

them USC fans MIA still? and that other dude that hates the SEC also?

Catch me on Twitter son, just flow with it better on game days. Maybe NT Mobile will increase the flow of this thread as a whole. Twitter just moves faster and has more action on game day.

Info relevant to everyone, Barkley is out for Saturday from all I've read, heard, told. Separated shoulder (throwing arm). Max Wittek looks like he'll be under center with Cody Kessler possibly getting some burn. Do I feel confident against ND? Been all year, just like UCLA before Barkley decided to channel his inner Philip Rivers and basically give up a pick six with his first pass yesterday :smh:.

It all depends on how much rope CLK gives the backup QB, if he lets them sling it, we'll win 'cause the ND secondary isn't good. However, if he plays it safe and goes with the ""3yds and a cloud of dust with an obvious pass on third down" it will be the Stanford game all over again. Quick drops, screens, rollouts... QB needs to move cause that pocket is going to crumble and it's going to crumble fast.

Yesterday, to sum it up:

- Can't win the game when you give the ball away and dig yourself a 17-0 hole.
- Never felt comfortable, even when it was third and forever. How are you giving up 15-25 yards on third and long? Time to hang it up Monte. Is there an age limit for coaches?
- Don't know where Barkley's head is at, however, him falling in the draft is a blessing in disguise.
- Teams have figured out that he locks into receivers, and it's usually Lee. Other receivers are usually wide open, his mental clock is ticking fast, hit him early and it rattles him.
- Why I think he'll be good at the next level? He'll have a good OLine, can't stress enough how big Matt Kalil was last year. Then again that is why he is a top 5 pick and is having an All Pro season protecting Christian Ponder. Kid was a beast.
- From all I'm hearing there will be an overhaul of the coaching staff, CLK is coming back, but some heads will roll. Much needed.
- Our defense is soft, only tough unit is the front four, lb's look lost, db's are a non-factor. It's not the talent though, just feel they are always in the wrong place.
- Cograts to bRuin fans, they were really jovial about winning. Not buying the rumor that they are going to lay down against Stanford, in order to avoid Oregon.

BCS madness :smokin

- Not going to lie, Oregon losing the way they did made my ****** night a little better. I give no ***** bout that school and their fan base. Chip Kelly's only big win is the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin, :lol:
- How do you still have that kicker on that roster?
- Happy Birthday Chester... insert Simon Pegg gif
- KState, never underestimate Art Briles, I think Baylor underachieved this year.
- Oklahoma, damn, Big Bob cashed in one of his nine lives. They gave up over 700 yards on D, yikes, guess Monte hopped on a plane to Blacksburg after the USC/UCLA game.
- I can see ND getting knocked off, surprised they haven't, then again they had no business beating Stanford.

-ND loses, FSU beats Florida, Bama wins the title game... I think we see a Bama vs. FSU in the title game. Oregon not playing in a title game and FSU beating UF and winning the ACC will surely cause them to leapfrog the Ducks.

-One more week (not counting Championship Weekend) and there is still going to be a lot of movement at the top.

- At the end of the day, in CFB, defense wins championships. Gimmick offensive minded programs will always win a ton of regular season games and look good on tv, but they have yet to hoist the crystal ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom